Diabetes

hey, i was wondering if anybody could provide some help for me here…my wife is diabetic (type 1), and has severe neuropathy in her stomach, and just went into a coma (which she’s now out of and recovering from).

i know ALA and chromium are used for insuin sensitivty, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with ALCAR, carnosine, and benfotamine for combaing neuorpathy, or knew of any good links.

thanks!

I am not a diabetic, but at least one diabetic I know strongly recommends Dr. Bernstein’s book on diet for diabetics. Here’s a link to his page: http://www.diabetes-normalsugars.com/

I don’t have the background to say whether or not he’s right, but it’s worth looking into.

I’m type2 which is a whole other ball game, but I do wish you guys the best. Some of the guys in the AD thread swear by R-ALA and Vandyl Sulfate for insulin sensitivity and there is data supporting this. The concensus seems to be that R-ALA is the better of the 2. I haven’t been able to try it yet so I don’t have anythng firsthand.