T Nation

Diabetes Walk

Serious post for a change. As some of you already know, I’m participating in a Diabetes Walk in two weeks in Walnut Creek, CA. This is a cause that is very important to me and I’m sure that is important to many of you.

My Grandmother is a Type II diabetic and my best friend is a Type I diabetic. To see what they have to deal with on a daily basis is what motivates me to help out with this every year.

Last month, my Dad found out just after his birthday that he is pre-diabetic. I’m going to get checked out next month myself.

Last year I did a pretty good job or raising money for the cause, but this year I’d like to blow that total away. If you would like to donate, please visit my page here and click on the ‘Click Here to Sponsor Me’ box to make a donation.

http://main.diabetes.org/goto/erikg

Donations are, of course, tax deductible. :slight_smile:

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you for your support.

Hey man I just want to wish you good luck with your fund raising. I would’ve helped out, but I have zero dinero. So many things piled up lately that I need to pay up soon.

Also, what happened to your helmet in the picture?

Dude! Both our names start with an “E”. Bad ass.

Seriously though, when I get my check…I’ll cut you a donation.

[quote]Jetric9 wrote:
Hey man I just want to wish you good luck with your fund raising. I would’ve helped out, but I have zero dinero. So many things piled up lately that I need to pay up soon.

Also, what happened to your helmet in the picture?

[/quote]

That picture was before I turned to the dark side.

“Jerry got her number off an aids walk list?!”

I’m in.
Good thing you are doing

Money is needed for curing diabetes Type II? Educate yourself about nutrition, stop eating shit and move your lazy ass. Too many people aren’t willing to take responsability for their lives and actions. It’s so easy gulping down some “magical” pills intead of changing one’s lifestyle.

Concerning diabetes Type I, I admit it’s more complicated…

Done.

[quote]5.0 wrote:
Done.[/quote]

Thanks again! I appreciate it.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
I’m in.
Good thing you are doing[/quote]

Again, I appreciate it! Thank you.

[quote]Berserkergang wrote:
Money is needed for curing diabetes Type II? Educate yourself about nutrition, stop eating shit and move your lazy ass. Too many people aren’t willing to take responsability for their lives and actions. It’s so easy gulping down some “magical” pills intead of changing one’s lifestyle.

Concerning diabetes Type I, I admit it’s more complicated…[/quote]

Did you really just take time out of your day to shit on a thread about a charity?

[quote]Berserkergang wrote:

Concerning diabetes Type I, I admit it’s more complicated…[/quote]

Fuck you.

Not all T2’s are fat slobs who don’t know how to eat anything other than shit.

I was diagnosed T2 at 225lbs and 13% body fat - perfect diet - excellent training regime. All I had to do was get my meds right.

Sure a lot of T2’s don’t know crap about eating and and staying healthy but do you really want to refuse help to people on the grounds that they are idiots?

If you do, you are well fucked in return.

I just donated. My 7 year old son is Type 1 Diabetic so thanks for doing this.

[quote]randman wrote:
I just donated. My 7 year old son is Type 1 Diabetic so thanks for doing this.[/quote]

No problem. I’m just trying to help out. Thanks for the donation.

I hope you reach your goal! (^:

Bump

If I have any spare loot left after my paycheck this week I will. My grandfather was a diabetic. Always caused him pain. Couldn’t go hunting or fishing with me a couple times because of it. He ended up dying of a stroke, with multiple heart attacks in his earlier years, which I don’t know if diabetes played a role in it but I’m sure it didn’t make the situation any better.

Bump

Well looks like I may be doing a 3 mile diabetes walk on Oct 26 here in Philly (philadelphia for all you non locals, lol). Just got a flyer from the company I work for who is a sponsor every year.

Well looks like I may be doing a 3 mile diabetes walk on Oct 26 here in Philly (philadelphia for all you non locals, lol). Just got a flyer from the company I work for who is a sponsor every year.