DHB Experiences

Does anyone have any experiences they’d like to share with having used dihydroboldenone (DHB) before?

1 Like

I am going to bump this thread, as I am very interested in this compound. The reason being, is on paper this sounds like a near perfect steroid, that most haven’t heard of. Reasons it appeals to me:

1. About twice as anabolic as testosterone according to the ratios, but also what I have heard on anecdotal reports

2. No E2 conversion makes things simpler

3. Anecdotal reports say it is less androgenic than test mg/mg (according to the ratios they both score 100). This is something I have heard from a few different reports.

4. Most report to feel great on this compound.

Cons

1. PIP is supposed to be nasty

2. It is hard to source, as not many people know about this compound

3. Not the cheapest

4. A bit of liver toxicity, but it doesn’t seem to be as bad as most orals

The cons are not to bad IMO. I have heard this compound called strong primo, or tren’s little brother without the sides.

Anyone here use this stuff? If you haven’t, have you heard experiences from others who have? Stuff you have learned through researching? I am open to any knowledge here, as I don’t think many have used this compound.

I am thinking @unreal24278 may have some good knowledge, maybe @blshaw, @iron_yuppie, or others know something about this compound?

This is a difficult question to answer. To begin, dihydroboldenone (5-a reduced EQ/1-test) is a designer drug. With DHB/designer drugs research in terms of the pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics is typically very limited. It would be impossible to ascertain whether DHB would be a superior choice acutely/long term when used cyclically as opposed to say… Testosterone, primobolan, EQ etc. Aside from a few rodent studies/anecdotal reports, we have very little to go on.

This study seems to indicate the level of tissue selectivity is comparable to testosterone propionate. Boldenone (rodent/animal models and one human study) appears to elicit a more pronounced nephrotoxic effect comparative to say… Testosterone/nandrolone. The mechanism in relation to AAS induced nephrotoxicity is multi factorial, not merely secondary to hypertension. I can outline the hypothesised mechanisms if you’d like.

Does DHB have the same harsh, direct effect on the kidneys at a level comparative to boldenone?? Is it worse?? We don’t know, we have very little knowledge on boldenone/human interaction alone.

Btw, primobolan is 2a-methyl dihydroboldenone, masteron is 2a methyl dihydrotestosterone… So primo is just the… Masteronified version of DHB. This isn’t to state DHB is similar to primo, even the most miniscule of structural alterations can substantially alter the way hormones behave once ingested.

With something like DHB you’re best off asking those who have used it. Even then, dose dependent response/side effect profiles can dramatically differ from person to person. Take @readalot 's response to 350mg test/wk as reference.

Using anabolics to begin with equates to rolling the dice/playing Russian roulette. When using designer drugs it equates to putting another bullet in the chamber.

Thanks for the response Unreal. You are correct that it is a bit of an unknown. Most anecdotal reports are positive other than the PIP, which is almost universally reported to be terrible. The more I research compounds the more I realize that I don’t want to use very many of them. Primo sounds good, but it is so damn expensive, and faked a lot.

I’ll read that article you linked. I am going to hold off on the DHB for a bit. Who knows maybe I’ll do a low dose run for a blast and document it here. Sourcing it is really tough too, so it might be a while.

Bump, anyone else used this compound?

I’m starting to see it more and more on various sites.

Thinking of trying this next blast. Anyone have updates or used since this thread was active? Any idea on hairline?

I’m about to start a test/dhb blast next month. Never ran it before. It seems most report it’s hair safe but you’ll always find a couple saying they experienced minor shedding.

1 Like

I’ve been told anecdotally on another forum that it is less hard on the hair line mg/mg than mast or primo. Plus it is stronger, so you would likely be using half the mgs.

EQ isn’t known among the steroids for being a big driver of hair loss. DHB is a metabolite of EQ (5 alpha reductase converts EQ to DHB).

I am still considering DHB for my next blast if I can find a good source. Apparently high quality raws are harder to find than most steroids.

1 Like

I just asked my guy if he can get it. If not its a no go, I don’t want to take a shot on a new supplier. If I can’t get it I may try tren, even though NPP did not agree with my mood haha. Figure I’ll go tren ace and if it doesn’t work I’m just out $100.

FWIW, I am trialing low dose Finasteride (.25 mg/day). I think if one can handle Finasteride without sides, that just running high Test (1g and up) with Finasteride is going to be tough to beat as far as being hair safe, and still producing good gains.

I just wrote up some of my thoughts on it today.

https://forums.t-nation.com/t/ru58841-finasteride-and-minoxidil-to-keep-hair-on-low-dose-test/273843/5

1 Like

IME, NPP gave me worse mood sides than Tren did. I am not saying to dive in head first, I am just saying that may or may not be an issue for you

1 Like

What dosages are you running? I only know of one supplier that supposedly has minor pip DHB and is reputable. I ordered a couple vials and may run 200mg/wk with my primo as a polisher.

Appreciate you sharing your experience. I’d love to do another bodybuilding show next year before I turn 40, fall will have to be my last bulk cycle.

I actually read that earlier. I take use minoxidil with 15mg finasteride mixed in every night, and 2.5 mg finasteride orally split twice per week. The crown of my head is fine, the front is shedding a bit but I’m wrapping up a blast of high T. Hopefully it slows when I knock it down at the end of the week.

1 Like

Gonna run 400/wk. I’ve test ran a couple ml to test for pip and it was fine. Should be a Trip :wink:

2 Likes

How long have your run it, and have you had any side effects?

I’d say almost a year. No side effects but I take so little. I might do 1.25 mg every other day on next blast to see if that slows it more. I don’t remember where I read the trick about dissolving the finasteride but it goes completely liquid quickly. I have no idea if it’s getting absorbed though.

My understanding on topical Finasteride does absorb in the scalp, and into the blood stream. I am not convinced any significant benefit exists in topical application vs oral. I am just trying the oral for now at .25 mg/day (quartering tabs is a PITA).

Good to hear no sides. I think something like 90%+ never get sides. I would guess the numbers are better for those on Test. Maybe I am vain, but I’ll roll the dice on that if it means keeping the mane.

I agree. I’ve been lucky, my dad was rather bald by my age and I only have some shedding but the AAS was certainly causing a problem. Finasteride is systemic and not site specific so I agree I don’t know how topical would work better, if it’s absorbed then its in the blood stream. It is easier to take it together with minoxidil topically though so as long as its getting absorbed then great.

1 Like

Yeah, if I was going to use both Minoxidil and Finasteride, I would mix them and apply topically.