Dewey Beats Truman

Sorry, flashback.

All eyes are on Pennsylvania Zap.

I keep reading that Hillary Dems are actually doing most of McCain’s campaign work - manning the phones, hitting the pavement, etc. Any truth to this?

What say you?

ZAP-- REMEMBER — “Vote Early, Vote Often!”

Important note: Polling in the late '40s was not nearly as periodic or concise as it is today. The poll that showed Dewey ahead was conducted weeks before the election.

That being said, this race will most likely tighten further.

I was thinking the same thing. Only, I hope you are wrong. We’ll see on Tuesday.

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:

I keep reading that Hillary Dems are actually doing most of McCain’s campaign work - manning the phones, hitting the pavement, etc. Any truth to this?

What say you?[/quote]

I don’t know about actually working for the campaign but the Hillary Dems I know are voting McCain. Even the union guys. Even my friend who is an elected Democrat official doesn’t like Obama.

The McCain signs are finally popping up everywhere in my area.

Philly will probably carry the state for Obama though. They will be prying people out of bed in the get out the vote campaign for him. I hope the weather sucks. If the election was this week half the people in Philly would not have shown up to the polls.

Pa will go McCain. Obama only enjoys support in Philly and parts of Pittsburg. I can attest to what Zap said. The Dems in my area are not excited about Obama. They like the congressional candidates but they were Hillary supporters and will not vote for him.

Gun control is a huge issue in Pa. and the messiah can’t lie his way out of his record.

Zap-- What part of PA are you in?

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
SteelyD wrote:

ACORN motto…[/quote]

Exactly. If you get up early enough, you can vote in several wards in Philly, get down to York, Lancaster, Harrisburg, Johnstown, and make Pittsburgh by the evening.

Aw, Hell-- if you make Pittsburgh, you’re only a stone’s throw from Ohio---- GO FOR IT!!

The intrade price on McCain is under 17 (as of my typing this) if any of you confident folk want to put your money where your mouths are.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
SteelyD wrote:

ACORN motto…[/quote]

Please. That’s the American way, going back to Tammany Hall and before.

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:

What say you?[/quote]

This is true. There’s actually a group with campaign offices all over the place called Democrats for McCain (founded by the many bitter Hillary supporters around here).

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Zap-- What part of PA are you in? [/quote]

Chocolatetown USA.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
SteelyD wrote:

Chocolatetown USA.[/quote]

Nestleville?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
SteelyD wrote:

Chocolatetown USA.[/quote]