Devils Horns

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Sir wrote:
by reps he means quarter squats.

I am beginning to think “looks at the bar and thinks about lifting it” is more accurate.[/quote]

You’re probably right.

[quote]derek wrote:
HueyLewis wrote:
im gonna go ahead and put my simple thought that you are just another T-Nation user who thinks he learned everything about lifting and nutrition by skimming through articles on here.

Furthermore, you read posts from guys like prof x and such who skin people who weigh 8 lbs and want HUGE biceps and think thats the thing to do. “ill look like i know anything if i criticize guys who want to build something other than a huge back”. stop holding you cock in your hands when posting.

Dude, sorry you got your feelings hurt there. That wasn’t my intention at all.

Trust me, if you spent over 20 years lifting (that was before the internet and possibly even YOU existed), got your bodyweight up from 175 at 18 years old to 270 lbs at 30 years old and have 500lb+ squats and deads (585), you’ll see posts like yours as misinformed at best and laughable at worst. I tend to think yours is the latter now.

So now that you know I built most of my almost 100lbs of added size before T-Nation even existed, do you STILL think everything I’ve learned is from articles I’ve skimmed here?

By the way, my profile is filled out and complete, yours is blank last time I checked so please don’t critisize me for having to guess your stats.

PS, I type with two hands on the keys.
[/quote]

Honestly, im glad to hear that you’re not someone who does what i inferred before. if you have gone through a great transformation like that, all i can do is say congrats. my only point is these forums are full of way to many people lookin to jump on others.

I’m glad you know a deal about lifting and such, and i consider myself to be pretty knowledgable about it all(much in thanks to this site). in all fairness i should be kinda expectant of responses like these with the way posts like this have been treated. my whole point is just that it seems kinda over board to assume someone is one of these guys you’re talkin about.

Sure asking about something like obliques may not be a hardcore body building question, but its part of the body and it could be something someones after. as for the squatting goes, no negativity on my part im used to the doubts at my weight.

I admit that doesnt seem like it quite adds up. ill do my best to get a video up sometime this week. im assuming that would be enough. unless i need 2 forms of govt ID in the video with me too.

http://multimedia.olympic.org/pic/suleymanoglu_gal_l_02.jpg

He can/could clean and jerk 185 KG, which is 407 pounds.

And he’s not very muscular.

This has nothing to do with my experience level…but there are people who are strong who don’t necessarily have huge builds. For someone looking to emphasize the obliques, SQUATS and MILK is not the most effective program.

Sheesh you people are so insulting. Haha I just told him not to listen when people didn’t answer his question or gave him mediocre advice.

But I would like to see this 400 pound squat at your bodyweight, because let’s face it, SOME people can be strong and small, but can you?

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

This has nothing to do with my experience level…but there are people who are strong who don’t necessarily have huge builds.
[/quote]

Did you purposely look for the worst picture of him you could find just to make a questionable point?

Two can play at that game!

http://www.yeniyerim.com/user_pics/chch472a6f746389a.jpg

his muscle seems fine but he looks like a tiny man. look at the length of his limbs. i cant remember if thats good for olympic lifts. i remember reading about how certain limb lengths help for squatting and others for deadlifting.

[quote]HueyLewis wrote:
<<< i consider myself to be pretty knowledgable about it all >>>[/quote]

And you don’t now how to work your obliques?

I’m always mesmerized by people who are pretty knowledgable about it all yet ask questions that betray a lack of even basic anatomy.

Derek’s right. Unless you are already a large individual obliques are the least of your worries, you won’t be able to miss em if you tried and if you were already a large individual you would have no trouble figuring out how to recruit any muscle group.

Bottom line is your mindset will keep you from ever achieving what you could. Print this page and stick it somewhere. 5 years from now when you have barely grown, if at all, because you were hung up on your obliques, take it out and read it again.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
HueyLewis wrote:
<<< i consider myself to be pretty knowledgable about it all >>>

I’m always mesmerized by people who are pretty knowledgable about it all yet ask questions that betray a lack of even basic anatomy.

Derek’s right. Unless you are already a large individual obliques are the least of your worries, you won’t be able to miss em if you tried and if you were already a large individual you would have no trouble figuring out how to recruit any muscle group.

Bottom line is your mindset will keep you from ever achieving what you could. Print this page and stick it somewhere. 5 years from now when you have barely grown, if at all, because you were hung up on your obliques, take it out and read it again.[/quote]

lol “hung up on your obliques”. your post is great.

[quote]derek wrote:
eeu743 wrote:

This has nothing to do with my experience level…but there are people who are strong who don’t necessarily have huge builds.

Did you purposely look for the worst picture of him you could find just to make a questionable point?

Two can play at that game![/quote]

No, I “purposely” looked for a picture from a better angle. I’m not saying he doesn’t have any muscle at all, or even a decent build, but if you saw him walking down the street would you guess that he is an incredibly strong man? I’m not saying that big people don’t lift big weights, obviously, I am just saying that they are not NECESSARILY related.

Jeez

[quote]HueyLewis wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
HueyLewis wrote:
<<< i consider myself to be pretty knowledgable about it all >>>

Bottom line is your mindset will keep you from ever achieving what you could. Print this page and stick it somewhere. 5 years from now when you have barely grown, if at all, because you were hung up on your obliques, take it out and read it again.

lol “hung up on your obliques”. your post is great.[/quote]

Be sure n keep us updated on your progress.

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
No, I “purposely” looked for a picture from a better angle. I’m not saying he doesn’t have any muscle at all, or even a decent build, but if you saw him walking down the street would you guess that he is an incredibly strong man? I’m not saying that big people don’t lift big weights, obviously, I am just saying that they are not NECESSARILY related.

Jeez[/quote]

And I suppose you see lots really big, muscular guys that are weak too?

Jeez

Try doing Turkish getups or driving Buellers. Particularly driving buellers. My trainer had me do these on one of his, “let’s do weird lifts” days and they kicked the shit out of my core n’ obliques.

Can’t seem to find any how-to’s online. Check out the book, “Lift with your head” by Chip Conrad.

[quote]thejonsdj wrote:
Try doing Turkish getups or driving Buellers. Particularly driving buellers. My trainer had me do these on one of his, “let’s do weird lifts” days and they kicked the shit out of my core n’ obliques.

Can’t seem to find any how-to’s online. Check out the book, “Lift with your head” by Chip Conrad.[/quote]

my god somebody read the question…and answered it. im astounded. further, thank you thejonsdj