Developmental Issues at 16

My situation, at the moment, has my parents siding with the prior doctors. I suppose that is not unfair; however, it is frustrating.

At the moment, I am trying to find a doctor who is licensed to prescribe HCG to minors. This leads to my question:

1. After how many weeks on HCG should I retest TT, FT, E2?

2. The wbc, lymphocyte, neutrophils are all out of range. Are any of these linked to thyroid/pituitary problems?

Edit: 3) Acth seems low. This points to secondary adrenal insufficiency. Is this the cause or the effect of the pituitary/ thyroid issues?

Your ATCH delivered a good cortisol number, so that is OK.

hCG will confirm testes are OK and determine if hCG mono-therapy will work for you. Also will be diagnostic for the oddly high FSH.

I haven’t mentioned this yet in the post, but I had a concussion about a year ago. I was dizzy for a month, and would sometimes lose my vision for a few seconds while getting up. I got some scan done right after the crash, and they said it looked fine.

In the advice for new guys sticky I mention how blows to the head can damage the pituitary. Damage to the pituitary might not show up right away and they may have not been looking there in any case.

I refer guys to Wilson’s book on adrenal fatigue. The concussion could be a contributor to that as well.

So, I’ve done two days of iodine 50mg. I skipped yesterday because it upset my stomach. My past few temperatures have all been 98 waking up and 99 in the afternoon. Shall I take more iodine today?

Temperatures are good now, wait a while and check temperatures in a week. You might be dealing with a minor virus as well.

Stomach probably not affected, could be upset gut bacterial balance.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Your ATCH delivered a good cortisol number, so that is OK.

hCG will confirm testes are OK and determine if hCG mono-therapy will work for you. Also will be diagnostic for the oddly high FSH.[/quote]

Sorry, I’m not understanding this bit. How will HCG by itself diagnose the high FSH? Should it shut off natural LH/FSH production?

I am going to discuss a few things, some general and not related. Sometimes administration of a drug or hormone can be a diagnostic tool.

hCG or TRT should shutdown LH/FSH if [T levels respond to hCG]. If FSH remains high and T is up, one would have to consider an FSH producing tumor. If hCG does not increase T, there is something wrong with the testes [primary], otherwise OK. Injecting T would certainly be a certain method if LH/FSH shutdown.

Some testicular cancers produce FSH and TRT does not stop that. In this TRT context, one most often sees this problem. Once one starts TRT, there really is no reason for any ongoing LH/FSH testing. However, you can see the merit of checking one time. With high FSH, that would be advisable.

Very rare, a pituitary adinoma can produce FSH.

A SERM, clomid or nolvadex<–recommended will increase LH and FSH and is thus not going to have the above diagnostic features. However, if a SERM does not increase LH and FSH then the top end of the HPTA is in trouble [secondary].

This is all mostly general discussion. The only part that is of direct interest is the high FSH. T injections would be the most definitive way to shut down your own pituitary production of FSH which could then unmask a problem source of FSH. And as long as we are talking about such things, there are also some testicular cancers that will produce hCG and then the cancer might be detected by a home pregnancy kit.

Testicular cancer is a young man’s disease and a doctor should be able to perform a simple exam. This can proceed to an ultrasound when there is any reason to look deeper.

Thank you. I was under the false impression that only T replacement would shut down LH/FSH, not realizing that the HCG would too.

hCG will shut down LH/FSH by increasing T levels, if the testes are willing, and then more T leads to more E.

I will take a Klinefelters karyotype tomorrow. I compared my testes to a diagram with various sizes, to scale. And… theyre small.

I realize LH is low, but I read Klinefelters increases chances of pituitary problems as well. I believe such a case may cause my strange numbers

I got an appointment coming up.

When I bring up HCG, how long should I be on 250iu EOD before retesting TT/FT/E2/LH/FSH? Is elevated E2 potentially a concern during this period?

Take some printouts on HCG there should be one one pubemed that describes the 250IU EDO dose.

Can you get me some keywords? I’m searching pubmed and can’t find anything relevant to diagnosis of primary or secondary.

Thank you. I read it through. However, that study is in the context of exogenous testosterone. Can that apply to my situation, an HCG -only challenge?

The point of that paper, is that 250iu hCG SC was determined to be a good LH replacement dose as determined by ITT levels. So that is the dose that you should be using. You can start with a few 500iu EOD doses then go with 250iu.

I met with another doctor today. He told me there was nothing wrong with a total test of 315, and all of the brain fog, zero libido, energy issues were in my head. He told me a TSH of 3.7 is fine. He told my parents to get me to a therapist, put me on antidepressants. My parents believed him. He recommended no action.

There is a finding a TRT doc sticky

[quote]FruitS wrote:
I met with another doctor today. He told me there was nothing wrong with a total test of 315, and all of the brain fog, zero libido, energy issues were in my head. He told me a TSH of 3.7 is fine. He told my parents to get me to a therapist, put me on antidepressants. My parents believed him. He recommended no action

I am hoping against hope that klinefelters comes back positive, or no action will be taken.[/quote]

Dang. He is a complete idiot where are you located?