Developing a Food Intolerance?

I have read a few times that if you take in the same thing in large amounts all the time that you can develop a mild intolerance to it.

I think even CT said one time he developed an intolerance to milk from drinking too much of it for too long.

I personally am taking in 4 cups of milk a day, and was wondering if that was alright.

I mean I feel ok, I don’t exactly have all the energy in the world and am a bit groggy sometimes, but thats because i’m taking in a lot of food and am digesting it constantly, which I’m ok with.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with taking in large amounts of milk every day.

BTW here’s what I’m currently eating so far to put on mass (5’8", 150lb):

Breakfast: 1 cup egg whites, 2 servings oatmeal, 1 cup berries.

In-between: Mass shake - 2 servings protein shake, 2 cups milk, 1 cup berries, 1 tablespoon almond butter, 1 big banana, 1 yogurt.

Lunch: 12oz chicken, 1 cup rice.

In-between: Mass shake - same as above.

Dinner: 12oz steak, 1 cup rice

Additional foods: Any dinner left over that my family had (i have different)

Usually I go to bed before I have time to have anything else. If I stay up later I usually have a packet of ham & 2 more yogurts.

I dont really eat any veg, dont see any difference really other than I’ve lost a bit of ‘get up and go’, but I think my appetite is better of for it and I can take in more food overall.

I have a digestive aid when I wake up, I take in fish oil every main meal & I’m taking some Alpha Male I got for christmas also.

I suppose I could drop the milk and add in 2 eggs instead…

I’m a wicked picky eater and eat the same foods (differing quantities depending on goals) and have made great progress.

I have a buddy who is 240 and eats eggs in the AM and then chicken/rice all day; and has done that for YEARS. and it’s not 240lbs of fat.

So my guess; it’s all different per/person.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
I’m a wicked picky eater and eat the same foods (differing quantities depending on goals) and have made great progress.

I have a buddy who is 240 and eats eggs in the AM and then chicken/rice all day; and has done that for YEARS. and it’s not 240lbs of fat.

So my guess; it’s all different per/person.[/quote]

Yeah I’m a picky eater too. I like the meals I have now simply because I’ve got used to eating them.

I don’t taste the food, just get it down. Not much of a cook I’m just a creature of habit.

I just know oatmeal & milk are very common allergen to a lot of people, and wasn’t sure about being consistant with those two. Milk used to give me a fuck load of acne, I guess i’m past that now I’m older though.

Your bulking with egg whites? WHY?

I am mildy lactose intolerant, but I have a cup of milk on cereal every morning.

Some days it just doesn’t sit well with my stomach, but most of the time it’s fine.

[quote]MUthrows94 wrote:
Your bulking with egg whites? WHY?[/quote]

Because it’s easier to get down a cup or two of egg whites than 6-8 whole eggs.

I like to mix them in with the oatmeal & blueberries in a big bowl & eat it like that, ronnie coleman style.

Like I said I can always add 2 whole eggs into my mass shakes of a day.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
MUthrows94 wrote:
Your bulking with egg whites? WHY?

Because it’s easier to get down a cup or two of egg whites than 6-8 whole eggs.

I like to mix them in with the oatmeal & blueberries in a big bowl & eat it like that, ronnie coleman style.

Like I said I can always add 2 whole eggs into my mass shakes of a day.[/quote]

Your bulking sucks. Really man your 150 fucking pounds and your eating egg white. Way to cut yourself short.

As for allegies, coaches are always talking about them but hardly anybody has got them. I’ve drank shitloads of milk my whole life and I’m fine. I’ve eaten alot of the same types of foods every day for years such as eggs/almonds/bananas and I’m fine.

i have drank half a gallon of whole chocolate milk + every day for almost 2 years now… very little problems… but then agian i can drink it even if it is a little sour

Eat veggies, please, you won’t be sorry :slight_smile:

About the CT case with the milk, I remember the article (nutrition for newbies part 2 (the one with the best nutritional line ever: “If it runs, flys, swims or is green, eat it”)). The thing is, he drank inhuman quantities of milk for a week, everyone would get lactose intolerant, so no worries, but a little variety here and there can’t hurt :wink:

I do know someone who ate a ton of almonds, and ended up severely allergic to them. This took about 10 years though.

I can’t eat eggs for more than 3 days without getting bad guts.