Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Trailer

Just note that the events in the game play out slightly differently to the game - almost as if the trailer was based off early story drafts.

Description
[i]Deus Ex: Human Revolution is an action role-playing game developed by Eidos Montreal and published by Square Enix. It is the third game in the Deus Ex series, and a prequel to the original game released in 2000.

The game is set in 2027, 25 years before the first title, where corporations have extended their influence past the reach of global governments. The game follows Adam Jensen, the security chief for one of the game’s most powerful corporations, Sarif Industries. After a devastating attack on Sarif’s headquarters, Adam is forced to undergo radical surgeries that fuse his body with mechanical augmentations, and he is embroiled in the search for those responsible for the attack.[/i]

Who has this game? I finished playing a couple of days ago, and it does raise some interesting questions about the advance of technology and the possibility of human-controlled evolution.

Personally, I went for the silent kill route, although on the next play through I might try full stealth. One small gripe I have is the inability to keep stealth going for boss fights - it really felt incongruent to the rest of my playstyle.

Augmentation Cutscene

Documentary on closeness to actual DX:HR technology

It’s a bit freaky that by 2027 we might actually be at that level of technological advancement. This guy has had his eye replaced with a camera, another chip can partially restore sight, and a firefighters helmet prototype can provide a heads-up interactive display. Separate technologies already exist to form the basis for the prosthetic eyes in the game!

I was thinking about getting a Xbox 360 or PS3 but I’m so reluctant because I worry they’ll just release like the 720 or PS4 next year or something.

It’s good, played through the whole game as non lethal which was a real pain in the ass.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
I was thinking about getting a Xbox 360 or PS3 but I’m so reluctant because I worry they’ll just release like the 720 or PS4 next year or something. [/quote]

PC all the way!

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:
It’s good, played through the whole game as non lethal which was a real pain in the ass.[/quote]

Does throwing something at a person kill them or knock them out?

I have not gotten the chance to play it yet, but one of my brothers has been raving about it

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
I have not gotten the chance to play it yet, but one of my brothers has been raving about it[/quote]

Your brother is a smart guy - the game is fucking fantastic!