Detoxifying Our Bodies

I know most of you think this will be about me asking about some new detoxifying diet or something. It isn’t.

I was just reading today that scientists have found trace amounts of prescription drugs in certain major cities’ drinking water.

When I read things of this nature I always ask myself how do we keep ourselves free from being poisoned from all these chemicals. Between plastics being used in everything, to our drinking being contaminated, and foods that we all buy everyday being treated with more than just preservatives (which are bad enough).

My question is how do keep ourselves from being poisoned.
This question is aimed at anybody with answers but I would also like to hear responses from nutritionists on this site as they seem to be aware of some of the problems already.

Use an activated carbon filter on your drinking water. It doesn’t get everything but it is a good start. Better yet get a reverse osmosis system. A bit more expensive but it will get almost everything.

We live in a polluted world, it is a by-product of modern life. Do your best and don’t worry too much.

[quote]realt81 wrote:
I know most of you think this will be about me asking about some new detoxifying diet or something. It isn’t.

[/quote]

Way to keep us on our toes you enigmatic bastard, you.

Wow, micrograms of contaminants. I’m totally going to freak out over this.

We all go’ DIE!

A colonoscopy will do wonders for detoxifying your body.

“–A sex hormone was detected in San Francisco’s drinking water.”

Huge suprise.

[quote]realt81 wrote:
I was just reading today that scientists have found trace amounts of prescription drugs in certain major cities’ drinking water.[/quote]

See? Free health care right through your faucet.

And people said it couldn’t be done in America.

this should not be taken lightly.

i, as an ectomorph, experienced steroid symtoms without using steroids. you may be surprise to know that the stuff in the water is enough to aromatize the testo burst you get from your squats. it is enough to cause a 24 year to have gyno. it depends on what city you live in. i would say some cities have more in the water than others.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Wow, micrograms of contaminants. I’m totally going to freak out over this.[/quote]

That concentrated considering how much you drink. Pills are typically given in mg and µg over time isn’t anything to scoff at.

Too bad the link is down, I would have liked to at least read it.

I wonder what drugs they actually found. There is a lot of talk about bringing old pills back to the pharmacist to dispose of so that it won’t contaminate our environment. I for one think its is a good idea, although most people are too lazy to do this.

[quote]cdxer wrote:

i, as an ectomorph, experienced steroid symtoms without using steroids. you may be surprise to know that the stuff in the water is enough to aromatize the testo burst you get from your squats. it is enough to cause a 24 year to have gyno. it depends on what city you live in. i would say some cities have more in the water than others.[/quote]

I seriously doubt it’s the water doing that.

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
There is a lot of talk about bringing old pills back to the pharmacist to dispose of so that it won’t contaminate our environment. I for one think its is a good idea, although most people are too lazy to do this.[/quote]

I’m all for any feasible idea that will help out anything in any practical way. I heard about this idea and am in favor of it also, even if it is only voluntary. There should be incentives: say, if you take old medicine back, you get a store rebate or something like that.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
A colonoscopy will do wonders for detoxifying your body.[/quote]

And determining if you have the ghey.

I detoxify my body every morning at about 10am, usually releasing a couple pounds of fibrous toxin.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
I detoxify my body every morning at about 10am, usually releasing a couple pounds of fibrous toxin.[/quote]

I try to make it twice my body weight.

Almost every “detox” program you see is a scam. The most effective, all natural, tool we have for detoxification is our liver. Therefore, you should take damn good care of it.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
cdxer wrote:

i, as an ectomorph, experienced steroid symtoms without using steroids. you may be surprise to know that the stuff in the water is enough to aromatize the testo burst you get from your squats. it is enough to cause a 24 year to have gyno. it depends on what city you live in. i would say some cities have more in the water than others.

I seriously doubt it’s the water doing that.[/quote]

testo does not get aromatized into estro naturally. unless there is something unusual being consumed, there is no reason for gyno on an ectomorph. so how does it happen to someone who was on pasta, egg, chicken, and protein powder exclusively?

Speaking of scams, has anyone seen the ads for Kinoki foot pads?? They’re these stick-on pads you put on the soles of your feet at night, and in the morning you rip them off and they’ll be all brown and dirty-looking, which is supposedly the “toxins” that have been drawn out of your body. I shit you not – couldn’t make this stuff up. Google it if you like.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Speaking of scams, has anyone seen the ads for Kinoki foot pads??[/quote]

I have seen these, yeah. What a complete ripoff. Consumers are tools.

I have seen that ad, my only thought of those are, yeah right! and I am sure whoever wore those and had them dirty the morning after had some dirty feet the night before.

I read about them and I have not read one good review for those.