Detox Anyone??

[quote]ProjectX wrote:

and those people thinking that you could get a similar effect eating certain solid foods… nope, your colon will not release the built up ‘plaque’ as long as you are filling it with solid food…

you’re trying to release the stuff stuck in the colon, that stuff ain’t gonna budge until you’ve had nothing solid going there filling it back up.

you gotta get to the point of basically urinating out of your butt for a few days to really wash it out. and i don’t think an enema would have the same effect as days of this.[/quote]

The idea of built up plaque in your colon is false accoriding to the medical community from what I have seen and read about.

There are doctors that look up peoples asses for a living and they claim it is a myth.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Why so long?

Don’t we digest everything within 12 hours or something?

Why wouldn’t this work in only 1 or 2 days?[/quote]

I believe we do. Here’s some first-hand experience:

I ate like normal on Wednesday (5 meals). I felt crappy all day - feeling hot, sweaty and sick to my stomach. By Wednesday night, my stomach hurt and I thought I was going to puke.

Come Thursday morning, I woke up and started puking. However, all the food I had eaten the day and night prior was nowhere to be seen. I was dry heaving until my body threw up the yellowish byle in my stomach. I continued to do this almost every hour for the next three hours while being in tremendous pain and having a fever.

I’d say that during that time, I thoroughly cleansed my system. I only managed to hold down a can of soup on Thursday night along with a cup or two of Gatorade.

By Friday, I felt better. But I still couldn’t eat much. I managed two eggs for breakfast, some leftovers later on, and some chicken, potatoes and brocolli for dinner. Along with more water and Gatorade.

Today, I’m still having trouble eating without my stomach hurting. But I did manage to eat almost four eggs for breakfast. I’m still having body aches and pains and a terrible headache and dizziness, but I’m a lot better than Thursday.

So, if you want to cleanse your system, just get a nice stomach virus that prevents you from eating and drinking for a day or two. It’ll save you a ton of money, and you’ll be cleaned out and good to go!

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
SWR-1240 wrote:
Why so long?

Don’t we digest everything within 12 hours or something?

Why wouldn’t this work in only 1 or 2 days?

I believe we do. Here’s some first-hand experience:

I ate like normal on Wednesday (5 meals). I felt crappy all day - feeling hot, sweaty and sick to my stomach. By Wednesday night, my stomach hurt and I thought I was going to puke.

Come Thursday morning, I woke up and started puking. However, all the food I had eaten the day and night prior was nowhere to be seen. I was dry heaving until my body threw up the yellowish byle in my stomach. I continued to do this almost every hour for the next three hours while being in tremendous pain and having a fever.

I’d say that during that time, I thoroughly cleansed my system. I only managed to hold down a can of soup on Thursday night along with a cup or two of Gatorade.

By Friday, I felt better. But I still couldn’t eat much. I managed two eggs for breakfast, some leftovers later on, and some chicken, potatoes and brocolli for dinner. Along with more water and Gatorade.

Today, I’m still having trouble eating without my stomach hurting. But I did manage to eat almost four eggs for breakfast. I’m still having body aches and pains and a terrible headache and dizziness, but I’m a lot better than Thursday.

So, if you want to cleanse your system, just get a nice stomach virus that prevents you from eating and drinking for a day or two. It’ll save you a ton of money, and you’ll be cleaned out and good to go![/quote]

Damn, that sucks.

Look at the bright side, at least you’re always keeping your body guessing, right?

wow thats so weird, my roomate just did a week long seminar in ft lauderdale along those lines. tony robbins, udo erasmus, deepak chopra among speakers.

he lost 10 lbs, says he feels great, and they liked him so much they are paying him to stay and work the next one next week. As long as he makes rent and doesnt run off with some kind of cult, it has been a good thing for him.

He says he feels like he lost some muscle mass, but he looked good for having drank nothing but udos oil and wheat grass juice for a week. I should have tossed him some HOT-ROX for next week, he still has to be a bouncer when he gets back.

He didnt crap out any parasites tho. That was what i was interested in. He had a full colonic.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Damn, that sucks.

Look at the bright side, at least you’re always keeping your body guessing, right?[/quote]

LOL! No doubt.

And Stacey had the same thing as of early this morning. Luckily, it didn’t hit her quite as hard as me. She only puked twice. :wink:

What the hell is everybody cleansing out of their system?

Hey, you didn’t know this, but you have something wrong with you. Just so happens that I can sell you something to make you better!

Ok, I’m a skeptic:)

When I am eating clean; lots of veggies, greens, Greens+, lots of good lean protein, fish oil, fish, olive oil, flax, etc…, I consider that the same as a detox. And my skin stays nice and clear and ‘glows’ too. If you eat junk, you’re body’s going to respond accordingly. I’m not perfect and enjoy my treats sometimes and throw back a couple of beers sometimes as well. But I don’t see what subsisting on lemonade has up on absolute clean living.

I’m a huge skeptic when it comes to this kind of hippy crap. But after seeing the benefits with my own eyes…well it’s hard to ignore.

I eat good and my skin still looks crappy. What gives!

So, no ones calling bullshit on the “worms” thing eh?

My bad everyone,

My friend had PROSTATE cancer that had begun to move into his colon.

And he had heard of this doc 20 years ago from a friend (in New York). My friend thought he was a joke, but 20 years later he ran into the same friend in L.A. and he finally checked him out.

2 months later, my friend passed the cancer.

[quote]Mr. Chen wrote:
AlphaDragon wrote:
BTW, my friend ditched colon cancer through this doctor. I was there with him the day of his first visit, up to when the cancer passed through his stool movement.

You mean the tumor released from the colon wall, and was evacuated?

How do you know it was cancer? What cell type?[/quote]

[quote]El_Animal wrote:
So, no ones calling bullshit on the “worms” thing eh?[/quote]

No - friend of mine had the same thing happen.

Ive used this tea by the name of “Trim-Maxx” I think the active ingredient is the locust plant. It seems like Drano for your intestines. About 2 hours after drinking a cup of it, you feel like someone kicked you in the balls.Then you proceed to shit like a soft serve ice cream machine.

so straight lemon and water for 2 weeks or do you add a sweetner. Also fresh squeezed lemons or bottled juice.

[quote]jdepron wrote:
so straight lemon and water for 2 weeks or do you add a sweetner. Also fresh squeezed lemons or bottled juice.[/quote]

Real, pure maple syrup is the sweetener. Check out the link.

I do cleansing programs for two weeks without food every year,sometimes twice a year.It was a vegetable and fruit fast with a liver/colon cleanse,with organic hemp protein, and fiber supplement.
My skin became clear,I slept a lot better,my asthma went away(yes,up and gone),and I did lose weight.
Not only that,but by doing this my metabolism was actually faster.
I think this is because after taking out all the chemicals and toxins,my metabolism was more efficient at digesting food-it wasn’t backed up.

I do believe that sometimes it’s good to take a week off every year to do a good detox program and take a break from digesting food all day long.
Yes,you can can actually become healthier this way.

People who have cancer in other parts of the world fast to get better,so do animals in the wild.

When they’re sick,the first thing they do is stop eating.
People on here always go on “Oh my god! You’re gonna lose so much muscle!”
Well,I hate to break it to you,but there are more important things when you are sick or unhealthy.

I didn’t lose muscle anyway because I was taking organic hemp protein on the detox program.It’s really high in fiber and has omega 3’s,and has plant based protein, so that is used in many detox programs.

WE have to understand that most of us (who don’t eat a organic diet) will consume over 200 times more pesticides, preservatives,artificial food colorings and flavorings,cancer causing carcinogens,etc.,than our grand parents and great grand parents did before us.
It is important to cleanse ourselves of these chemicals.

It is true: Good health starts in the colon…not some “wonder” drug.

Cthulhu

What are you taking about?
In concentration camps they got sick,not healthier.
Most of them were not getting any food,no nutrients whatsoever,and they were working to death.
They weren’t taking a week or two off to rest,drink lots of fruit and vegetables juice,and clean out their systems.
There is a HUGE difference between starving yourself,and taking some time off to clenan out your system.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I am very skeptical of many of the claims made by the people that push the cleanse but I believe there could be some positive short term benefits, just not the level they claim.

When I hear about peoples allergies going away and their skin clearing up it seems like the body is shutting down unnecessary processes to conserve energy as it would do when starving.

The same stuff happened in concentration camps. Tumors disappeared because the body had no food to feed them. I don’t know if they would have come back when the body was properly nourished again.

I think the human body is built to handle the stress of famine but I don’t see it as a long term positive unless you had a lot of fat to lose.

The worms intrigue me. Somebody must have fished them out to determine what they are.[/quote]

I finished a bottle of Health Plus Inc. Super Colon Cleanse. Did it work? Well I went from shitting 4-6 times per week to at least twice per day. I definetly felt “Cleaned up.” I think these types of cleansers make sense.

This is the way I understand it guys:
The crap that we put in our bodies today knowingly (Once upon a time, aspartame was listed by the Pentagon as a biochemical warfare agent) or not will surfely tax our systems. Now Im a huge believer that our bodies are suposed to clean themselves aka lymphatic system, but my thoughts are that this system was designed for the lives we were leading 1000’s of years ago.

Again I believe in the bodies ability to evolve and change to handle new stressors but surely at some point there becomes a saturation point where there the amount of crap we put in exceeds the bodies ability to take. This is where i think detox plays an important part - after years of abuse.

Now before you get all freaked out on me let me explain my angle. There are some people that want to Detox at the cost of everything else ie they dont care if they lose some muscle, feel shitty etc. Then there are those people that want to grow “Massive” at the cost of everything else ie their liver health, joint problems etc. I sit somewhere in the middle. I want to put on muscle, but I want to feel good, look good and die old and in the best shape possible (preferably induced by playboy bunnies doin ‘bad’ things to me).

There are other methods of detox around that dont involve “starving” or rough men with cold hoses that wont affect your overall muscle gaining program so much or even at all. Like I said, some people want to detox at the cost of everything else - I dont, so I do what fits in with the lifestyle and goals. A little detox, good nutrition, loads of water, and training like an unstopable machine. Balance, right?

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
What are you taking about?
In concentration camps they got sick,not healthier.
Most of them were not getting any food,no nutrients whatsoever,and they were working to death.
They weren’t taking a week or two off to rest,drink lots of fruit and vegetables juice,and clean out their systems.
There is a HUGE difference between starving yourself,and taking some time off to clenan out your system.
Zap Branigan wrote:
I am very skeptical of many of the claims made by the people that push the cleanse but I believe there could be some positive short term benefits, just not the level they claim.

When I hear about peoples allergies going away and their skin clearing up it seems like the body is shutting down unnecessary processes to conserve energy as it would do when starving.

The same stuff happened in concentration camps. Tumors disappeared because the body had no food to feed them. I don’t know if they would have come back when the body was properly nourished again.

I think the human body is built to handle the stress of famine but I don’t see it as a long term positive unless you had a lot of fat to lose.

The worms intrigue me. Somebody must have fished them out to determine what they are.

[/quote]

I didn’t claim they were healthier in the concentration camps.

Cancer tumors did shrink and disappear as did acne, allegergy symptoms etc.

When the body starves it shuts down many systems.

Seems to be the same thing happening when people go through a detox and a cleanse.

Once they go back to real food the acne and allergy symptoms reappear.

It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with toxins.