T Nation

Detox Anyone??

Has anyone been through a detox? i’m not talking about drugs or alcohol. just a detox to cleanse out all the shit in your system. My friend recently tried something called the “Master Cleanse” where he basically just drank 8-12 glasses of lemonade and water for two weeks straight.

During this time he didn’t eat ANY food whatsoever(part of the program). when he was finished with it he really did look a lot better. His skin cleared up and he also says he’s been sleeping a lot better. Oh yes, the best part of this is that whenever he would take a shit…he would find worms/parasites in it.

Here’s a link I found about it.
www.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm

2 weeks no food?

yeah…he didn’t eat any food. down side is he lost 30 pounds. yes 30 pounds…but i’m assuming thats all water weight mostly. that website CLAIMS you arent losing any healthy tissue but i think that’s a bunch of bullshit. i’m just curious after seeing how changed my bud was after the detox.

I have done a wholly organic diet coupled with some cleansers (from a private doctor in Los Angeles) for a few weeks.

Diet consisted of fruit with seeds, Walnuts and Almonds, Black Rice, lots of veggies (although a LOT of veggies were not on the program), spelt stuff, amaranth, quinoa, and free range chicken and Orange Ruffie fish.

Drinks were water and water and water.

I gotta admit, for the first 2 weeks, the “evacuations” were intense and very “sneak up on you out of nowhere,” but I kept it up longer.

BTW, my friend ditched colon cancer through this doctor. I was there with him the day of his first visit, up to when the cancer passed through his stool movement. Many people have been cured of “incurable conditions” through this doctor.

While there was no condition with me, I kept it up for a few months (“sympathy” diet for my buddy) and I gotta admit, my energy levels were extremely high, my skin/hair were nearly glowing, and my libido was insanely through the roof.

When I quit and went back to a “normal diet” I got sick for the first few meals. THAT was how healthy this stuff can make you.

I’ve heard of the program you speak of, but I’m not into “no eating.”

Damn, worth trying just to see worms in the shit.

Wouldn’t you get better effects from just eating a shit-ton of green veggies with every meal?

That way you’d still be able to get your essential nutrition in, as well as optimal nutrition for whatever goal you’re trying to reach at the time.

I think our bodies are self-cleansing and we won’t need a cleansing like you talked about above, as long as we eat right.

[quote]j281 wrote:
Has anyone been through a detox? i’m not talking about drugs or alcohol. just a detox to cleanse out all the shit in your system. My friend recently tried something called the “Master Cleanse” where he basically just drank 8-12 glasses of lemonade and water for two weeks straight.

During this time he didn’t eat ANY food whatsoever(part of the program). when he was finished with it he really did look a lot better. His skin cleared up and he also says he’s been sleeping a lot better. Oh yes, the best part of this is that whenever he would take a shit…he would find worms/parasites in it.

www.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm[/quote]

Did he see worms in his shit before he started the cleanse?

[quote]
Did he see worms in his shit before he started the cleanse?[/quote]

no man, only after. i’ve read that most people have some type of parasite/worm inside them. though it’s not life threatening or anything…it is disheartening to know. i think the worms are due to the fact that a lot of us eat too much junk food for our own good.

I’ve done the master cleanse, and it not fun. You do have a lot more energy afterwards, but to be honest, I think there are healthier ways of detoxing. You can buy terrible tasting shakes that will clean your intestines and eat fresh veggies, fruit, legumes, nuts, that kinda stuff along with it.

The master cleanse will have you shitting so hard your stomach will hurt.

[quote]j281 wrote:

Did he see worms in his shit before he started the cleanse?

no man, only after. i’ve read that most people have some type of parasite/worm inside them. though it’s not life threatening or anything…it is disheartening to know. i think the worms are due to the fact that a lot of us eat too much junk food for our own good. [/quote]

I’ve bene told the same and absolutely concur.

Lemon cleanses the liver. I think it would do a lot of people a lot of good to do a cleanse a couple times a year.

So wait…you’re staying I starve myself to make myself healthier?

Yeah that makes TONS of sense, how come I didn’t think of that??!!?

I’ll keep my worms well fed, thank you.

I actually find the thought of “cleansing” the inside of myself very intriguing.

However, I am so incredibly far from being willing to remove food from my diet it’s not even funny.

As Ghost said, as long as my worms aren’t bothering me, I’ll keep giving them excess calories to munch on.

Kind of like how I don’t obsess over the billions of bacteria and little microscopic organisms crawling on my eyelashes.

[quote]j281 wrote:

www.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm[/quote]

crazy timing man, my first day of the master cleanse is drawing to a close as i type this.

it isn’t the first time i’ve cleansed before. first time i did a 10 day master cleanse, then a few months later after i did i think a 7 day one, then a few months after i did a 17 day one… that’s right, 17 days with no food (that time i ate various fresh juices though, not just the lemonade).

i started these mainly because of my vicious hayfever and seasonal allergies. it is the only thing that cures (temporarily) my allergies.

it’s amazing, i have horrible allergies (spring/summer) and i tried out this cleanse, and after 10 days of it i had no allergies for the rest of the summer.

it was incredible. i went from being unable to leave my house in the summer without having an unbareable allergy attack to being in the woods without even sneezing once.

but alas, my friend likes to cram junk food down my throat on a regular basis, plus all the other crap in our regular food, and the environment, and i have pathetic digestion to begin with… so again after a few months the bad stuff has built up again and the allergies start creeping up so i have to redo it.

downside, i lose about a pound a day on it and i’m very skinny to begin with. i just gained 21 lbs in the last 2 1/2 months but the allergies hit me HARD yesterday so i was like, screw it, i gotta cleanse.

besides, i can’t imagine having an allergy attack everyday and shutting down my body with a hardcore allergy pill to be conducive to a body primed to gain muscle.

i figure, once step back, two steps forward. besides, the cleaner the colon, the better the digestion and absorption. it’s not what you eat, it’s what you digest. hence, Poliquin making his athletes get enemas.

and those people thinking that you could get a similar effect eating certain solid foods… nope, your colon will not release the built up ‘plaque’ as long as you are filling it with solid food…

you’re trying to release the stuff stuck in the colon, that stuff ain’t gonna budge until you’ve had nothing solid going there filling it back up.

you gotta get to the point of basically urinating out of your butt for a few days to really wash it out. and i don’t think an enema would have the same effect as days of this.

[quote]ProjectX wrote:
you gotta get to the point of basically urinating out of your butt for a few days to really wash it out. and i don’t think an enema would have the same effect as days of this.[/quote]

You can get that effect by taking that colon cleansing crap you have to take before a colonoscopy…why anyone would do that willingly is beyond me…

[quote]AlphaDragon wrote:
BTW, my friend ditched colon cancer through this doctor. I was there with him the day of his first visit, up to when the cancer passed through his stool movement.
[/quote]
You mean the tumor released from the colon wall, and was evacuated?

How do you know it was cancer? What cell type?

Why so long?

Don’t we digest everything within 12 hours or something?

Why wouldn’t this work in only 1 or 2 days?

[quote]AlphaDragon wrote:
I have done a wholly organic diet coupled with some cleansers (from a private doctor in Los Angeles) for a few weeks.

Diet consisted of fruit with seeds, Walnuts and Almonds, Black Rice, lots of veggies (although a LOT of veggies were not on the program), spelt stuff, amaranth, quinoa, and free range chicken and Orange Ruffie fish.

I gotta admit, for the first 2 weeks, the “evacuations” were intense and very “sneak up on you out of nowhere,” but I kept it up longer.

BTW, my friend ditched colon cancer through this doctor. I was there with him the day of his first visit, up to when the cancer passed through his stool movement. Many people have been cured of “incurable conditions” through this doctor.

While there was no condition with me, I kept it up for a few months (“sympathy” diet for my buddy) and I gotta admit, my energy levels were extremely high, my skin/hair were nearly glowing, and my libido was insanely through the roof.

When I quit and went back to a “normal diet” I got sick for the first few meals. THAT was how healthy this stuff can make you.

[/quote]

What is the name of the Doctor in L.A.?

[quote]Mr. Chen wrote:
AlphaDragon wrote:
BTW, my friend ditched colon cancer through this doctor. I was there with him the day of his first visit, up to when the cancer passed through his stool movement.

You mean the tumor released from the colon wall, and was evacuated?

How do you know it was cancer? What cell type?[/quote]

Yes, exactly. My bro basically crapped it out. He said it was a Muddafukka to pass too.

As to how he knew: Well, he had exhausted all conventional medicine after they said he had less than 6 months to live and could offer no hope. He was turned on to the “healer” doctor (the detox doctor) by a friend of his who got cured of something or other (don’t know what…I never asked him).

As for cell type, I can’t say…as in I don’t know. If you want, I’ll be glad to ask him and tell you. let me know if you are interested.

[quote]Jason32 wrote:
AlphaDragon wrote:

What is the name of the Doctor in L.A.?
[/quote]

His name is Dr. Sebi.

His website is: www.DrSebi.com

It may seem geared to the African-American community, but don’t let that make you stumble…I’m a caucasian dude and it worked wonders.

I am very skeptical of many of the claims made by the people that push the cleanse but I believe there could be some positive short term benefits, just not the level they claim.

When I hear about peoples allergies going away and their skin clearing up it seems like the body is shutting down unnecessary processes to conserve energy as it would do when starving.

The same stuff happened in concentration camps. Tumors disappeared because the body had no food to feed them. I don’t know if they would have come back when the body was properly nourished again.

I think the human body is built to handle the stress of famine but I don’t see it as a long term positive unless you had a lot of fat to lose.

The worms intrigue me. Somebody must have fished them out to determine what they are.