T Nation

Dethalbum II

For all you Metalocalypse/Dethklok/Brendon Small fans out there, The Deathalbum II has arrived.

Get it. Brutal will follow.

I wonder if the Vikings are still lost. That song definately deserves a follow up.

“And then we ride…”

I was actually talking to someone about this today, wondering when it was coming out.

“Blacker than the blackest black, times infinity!”

This better rock my socks.

I heard there is a Murmaider ptII on there. I would get it just for that, Murmaider rocked my skin off.

Hey ND, would I be considered a dork for admitting my first exposure to Brendon Small was on “Home Movies”?

Hm. Got it a while back… My first exposure to dethklok.

Not really what I expected… I guess they took the edge out to make it easier on the average person’s ears.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Hey ND, would I be considered a dork for admitting my first exposure to Brendon Small was on “Home Movies”?

[/quote]

No, that would make you insanely awesome. Maybe we’ll get lucky and him, Melissa Bardin Galsky and H. Jon Benjamin will reunite one day and bring Home Movies back. I love that show.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

Not really what I expected… I guess they took the edge out to make it easier on the average person’s ears.

[/quote]

As far as edginess its on par with the first album, though his vocals are higher in Dethalbum II.

Are you comparing it to death metal in general? I’m assuming so, since you said its your first exposure to Dethklok.

If you follow the show, its a comedic parody/satire of death metal, just happens the music is made by a talented musician, but its obviously not serious death metal. More melodic metal comedy.

Check out the first Dethalbum to see what I mean.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

As far as edginess its on par with the first album, though his vocals are higher in Dethalbum II.

Are you comparing it to death metal in general? I’m assuming so, since you said its your first exposure to Dethklok.

If you follow the show, its a comedic parody/satire of death metal, just happens the music is made by a talented musician, but its obviously not serious death metal. More melodic metal comedy.

Check out the first Dethalbum to see what I mean.
[/quote]

Getting it right now, deluxe edition, too :wink:

Hey, I don’t think the music is bad or anything, I just expected a little more tech from Gene Hoglan in particular. Add to that that the production seemed to make everything sound a little soft and the vocals seem somewhat… Subdued? Don’t know the right word to describe what I mean here… and the song-structures are a little on the simple side.

Still fun enough to listen to.

Gotta get my hands on the show sometime, though…

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

Getting it right now, deluxe edition, too :wink:

Hey, I don’t think the music is bad or anything, I just expected a little more tech from Gene Hoglan in particular. Add to that that the production seemed to make everything sound a little soft and the vocals seem somewhat… Subdued? Don’t know the right word to describe what I mean here… and the song-structures are a little on the simple side.

Still fun enough to listen to.

Gotta get my hands on the show sometime, though…

[/quote]

Yeah, I hear ya.

Agreed on the vocals - definite difference from the first album. Check out the show! Its hilarious.

The vocals have never been strong on Dethklok, I’m listening to it now and it’s pretty good. I still need to see about half of season 2 so I may make that my next mission.