Detailed Roadmap of 21st Century

(12/30/2006) This is the initial release of the “Detailed Roadmap of the 21st Century” compilation, a year by year bullet point list of notable advances expected to happen in the 21st century, from 2006 onwards. The motivation for creating such a compilation is to allow us to evaluate predictions in context of other predictions; evaluate their credibility in view of the big picture; and finally, to enable us to better plan and prepare for the coming years. Since the goal is to provide an overview of predictions, the list contains no original research or predictions: all listed advances are marked with their sources. When time ranges are given in the original sources, the most pessimistic (ie. latest) predictions are used. While the compilation aims to be comprehensive, it does not aim to be coherent: it is up to the reader to resolve conflicting predictions by trusting one (or none) of the sources.

http://www-static.cc.gatech.edu/~pesti/roadmap/

I kinda lost interest when I saw that the first prediction came from a science fiction book.

Then again, I guess that’s pretty much what any prediction is if you’re thinking beyond the next ten years or so.