T Nation

Destroying Fat Workout

I’m planning on starting a fat loss phase in my training as my winter break (2 weeks with just 3 exams to study for than a month off) is about to start. I know its odd that I’m starting a fat loss phase in the Winter, but I’m a fatass basically and have to lose some weight. My goal is to drop 20 pounds in 6-8 weeks.

I’ve decided to use Christian Thibeaudeau’s Destroying Fat template and this is the workout I’ve come up with (the prescribed cardio ofcourse as well):

LIGHT/CIRCUIT DAYS:

Circuit A (12-15 reps):

Horizontal Pushing: Flat DB Press
Quads Dominant: Barbell Squat
Horizontal Pulling: Barbell Row
Hamstring dominant: Lying Leg Curls
Abdominal Exercise: Crunches, reverse crunch, mountain climbers or plank variation (not sure yet).

Circuit B (15-20 reps):

Vertical Pushing: Military Row
Quads Dominant: Leg Press
Vertical Pulling: Wide Grip Pulldowns
Hamstring Dominant: Sumo deadlift
Abdominal: One of them listed above (not sure yet)

Optional Circuit C (15-20 reps):

Biceps: Barbell Bicep Curl
Triceps: Overhead DB Tricep Extension
Shoulder iso: Lateral Raises

HEAVIER DAYS:

Chest/Back Day:

A1. Bench Press 4x4-6
A2. Flat DB Flyes 4x6-8
B1. Bent Over DB Row 4x4-6
B2. Lat Pulldown 4x6-8

Quads/Hamstring Day:

A1. Barbell Squat 4x4-6
A2. Leg Press 4x6-8
B1. Romanian Deadlift 4x4-6
B2. Lying Leg Curl 4x6-8

Above this, I may add a couple of sets of direct arm work on one of the heavier days. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments on the workout I wrote? Is it ok? What are its faults? Thanks.

[quote]Josh Rider wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments on the workout I wrote? Is it ok? What are its faults? Thanks.[/quote]

To be honest you did not write it Thib’s wrote it.

But, It looks fine I used it and lost a good amount of fat when I was trying to lean out it is very effective. However, Thib’s has said that the metabolic pairings are more effective in lieu of the circuits. I used the circuits successfully.

I also did 0 direct arm work during this period b/c i was dieting and figured the pulls would help with maintaining arm size. I would not do arm work b/c you are not going to put on any size doing curls in a caloric defecit.

look at the article thread. there a few example of workout and there a few good one. Actrain wrote a few including one you can do using only the power rack(easier to perform in commercial gym)…

[quote]MUthrows94 wrote:

[/quote]

Yes, ofcourse it is not my program, but it is my program written from the template that coach CT provided, so I probably should of written something a long the lines of “what do you think of the exercise selection I chose using this template.”

What are these metabolic pairings you refer to?

and

Where can I find the thread where I can see other people’s workouts/ sample workouts from CT for this article?

Thanks.

[quote]Josh Rider wrote:
MUthrows94 wrote:

Yes, ofcourse it is not my program, but it is my program written from the template that coach CT provided, so I probably should of written something a long the lines of “what do you think of the exercise selection I chose using this template.”

What are these metabolic pairings you refer to?

and

Where can I find the thread where I can see other people’s workouts/ sample workouts from CT for this article?

Thanks.[/quote]

…search?

Yes, probably a good idea, although if you have nothing to contribute, please don’t. Thank you.