T Nation

Desperate Diet Help

So I’m in desperate need of a diet to shed unwanted belly fat and “love handles” I’m not obese I weigh close to 197 pounds and I’m around 5’8 or so. The science really confuses me so if anyone could lay out some meals, if shakes should be used and anything else helpful, lifting wise I’m doing complexes and SS, so help me out, thanks guys.

Hey man, For us to really give you some help we need to know how you eat right now? Are you eating every 2.5-3 hours? Do you eat at least 30-50 grams of protein at every meal? Do you stay away from simple sugars/carbs? Are you getting enough Healthy fats?..I know its allot of questions but to help you out we need some more info, whats your current body fat?

For starters I would say to eat every 3 hours, start your meal with a Lean protein source and build around that, if you want Faster results I would suggest either only using carbs around workouts, or maby take a Carb cycling approach. Use the search button up at the top of the page there are LOADS of great articles.

Knowing little info on you here a quick sample, I could help more with more information.

Breakfast - 4 whole eggs, a few pieces of turkey bacon, fish oil and some fiberous vegies Like Brocoli

Meal 2 - 6oz of a lean protein (Lean beef, Chicken, turkey etc.) Some Almounds 1/3 cup, and some fiberous vegies

Meal 3 - Lets call this Pre workout for arguments sake you can move the meals around 40 grams of Whey isolate and 1 cup of quick oats

Meal 4 - PWO 50 Grams of Whey, 30-50 grams of a simple fast acting Carb like Dextrose, Maltodextrin or waxy maise

Meal 5 - Get a Good Meal in here 6-8oz of a lean protein, a Big Salad, and some healthy fats maby some EVOO

Meal 6 - 1 cup of cottage cheese with 2 tbsp of Natty PB. I personally can lean out and still eat dairy, judge yourself if you can or can’t, If not go with a Good Casein Sake here like Metabolic Drive.

Again, you would have to adjust this for your needs this is what I would use, but there are many other good fat loss diets, Carb cycling works well Nutrition Experts like Shelby swear by it, Others like Dave Palumbo swear by a keto diet…so do some reading find what works and DON’T DROP CALORIES TO FAST.

Good Luck

[quote]baileybeaver12 wrote:
So I’m in desperate need of a diet to shed unwanted belly fat and “love handles” I’m not obese I weigh close to 197 pounds and I’m around 5’8 or so. The science really confuses me so if anyone could lay out some meals, if shakes should be used and anything else helpful, lifting wise I’m doing complexes and SS, so help me out, thanks guys.[/quote]

Dude, you’re not in “desperate need of a diet”. You’re in desperate need of focus.

Like I just told you in your other thread, three weeks ago you were trying to add muscle, now you’re trying to lose fat. You’re spinning your wheels.

Have some patience, prioritize, organize your diet a bit better ( http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/28_days_14_missions_1_ripped_physique ), and head towards one goal.

[quote]Dave1986 wrote:
Hey man, For us to really give you some help we need to know how you eat right now? Are you eating every 2.5-3 hours? Do you eat at least 30-50 grams of protein at every meal? Do you stay away from simple sugars/carbs? Are you getting enough Healthy fats?..I know its allot of questions but to help you out we need some more info, whats your current body fat?

For starters I would say to eat every 3 hours, start your meal with a Lean protein source and build around that, if you want Faster results I would suggest either only using carbs around workouts, or maby take a Carb cycling approach. Use the search button up at the top of the page there are LOADS of great articles.

Knowing little info on you here a quick sample, I could help more with more information.

Breakfast - 4 whole eggs, a few pieces of turkey bacon, fish oil and some fiberous vegies Like Brocoli

Meal 2 - 6oz of a lean protein (Lean beef, Chicken, turkey etc.) Some Almounds 1/3 cup, and some fiberous vegies

Meal 3 - Lets call this Pre workout for arguments sake you can move the meals around 40 grams of Whey isolate and 1 cup of quick oats

Meal 4 - PWO 50 Grams of Whey, 30-50 grams of a simple fast acting Carb like Dextrose, Maltodextrin or waxy maise

Meal 5 - Get a Good Meal in here 6-8oz of a lean protein, a Big Salad, and some healthy fats maby some EVOO

Meal 6 - 1 cup of cottage cheese with 2 tbsp of Natty PB. I personally can lean out and still eat dairy, judge yourself if you can or can’t, If not go with a Good Casein Sake here like Metabolic Drive.

Again, you would have to adjust this for your needs this is what I would use, but there are many other good fat loss diets, Carb cycling works well Nutrition Experts like Shelby swear by it, Others like Dave Palumbo swear by a keto diet…so do some reading find what works and DON’T DROP CALORIES TO FAST.

Good Luck [/quote]
Wow thanks for this, I’ll try to do what I can however here is the problem I’m currently attending college so the selection of food is whatever they have, they do always have a salad station along with sandwich station that always has tuna, another issue that goes along with that is the timing I would say I’m getting 3 meals a day when I can. I do have some cash that I can pick up some things for shakes but I’m not sure what works and whats crap, so if you had any links or other advice that would be great!!

Also I was trying to gain muscle a few weeks back but I realized it wasn’t working well, I want to try to get lean, lose stubborn belly+love handle fat, as well as putting on some muscle so next year when rugby comes around I’m in shape but I’m also stronger.