5 x 15, 10, 8, 8, 20 x 80-150

Superset:
Seated DB OHP
3 x 20 x 40
3D BPA
3 x 20 x Red
WG Pull Up
3 x 5, 5, 8

Shoulders feel good and healthy, just not moving much weight for whatever reason, I know it’ll come, but it’s frustrating that 165 doesn’t want to move for more than 5 solid reps.

Weight is good, sun is going to be out, turned the corner into summer, so back to weighted walks in the afternoons, probably without dogs though…a bit over the top, heat wise, for them.

2 Likes

The little one is Winston, he’s a lab, poodle, gran verne basset mix (or something, cute little shit though)
The lab is my wife’s, Caliber.
These are pics from last summer when we went camping, they had just come out of the lake and were absolutely wiped out haha

8 Likes

ha nice dogs man.

1 Like

Super cute, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Second that: nice and cute dogs :slight_smile:

1 Like

5/25/18

Weight: 198.4

Back Pump

NG T-Bar Row
6-8 sets x 8-20 reps x 45-180 lbs

WG Pull Ups
5, 3, 3 x +25
3 x 3 x +35
5 x 5 x BW (w/ Fat Grips)

Giant Sets of:
Curls (Hammer/Regular)
Cable Rows (w/ rope, high point and low point)
Chest Supported DB Rows
Shrugs

Little bit out of it, been up since about 12a due to a call, by the time I got back and cleaned up it was 2:30, so I relaxed a bit til I normally get up for my workout (3:10) and just went about it. So it was decent for the circumstances, but far from optimal, ha.

Going to be a nice long day, thank goodness it’s Friday and most of my clients cancelled already, ha!

3 Likes

A tired dog is a good dog.

1 Like

5/28/18 Memorial Day Workout

Weight: None Taken

Chest

Straight Bar Bench
5 x 185
5 x 225
3 x 230
5 x 250(or 255?)

Standing DB OHP
5 x 10 x 40

Bent Over DB Row
5 x 10 x 70s

Incline DB Bench
5 x 10 x 60

Wide Grip Pull Ups (50 Total)
10, 10, 10, 8, 7, 5

It was decent. Reffed about 20-25 games at the local 3 on 3 tournament here and definitely felt being on my feet for two full days on hot asphalt, ha. Woke up sick on Sunday morning with a head cold, but weight is still moving well, at least maintaining my straight bar strength, the 5 reps were solid, but RPE 9.

3 Likes

5/29/18

Weight: 195.6

Legs

Squat
2 x 5 x 225
1 x 315
1 x 335
1 x 355
1 x 375 (92.5% of 1rm)
3 x 3 x 225 (paused)

Leg Extensions
RDL w/ DBs
Single Leg Split Squat/Rear foot elevated squat/lunge?
Calves

Adjusted my grip according to Mark’s advice, I had previously had it at an angle in my palm, but I simply made it a harder angle, and that seems to have fixed the wrist issue, much appreciated! Wanted to see what it felt like under some weight, so figured I’d go to 315 and see what was up. Plenty of leg strength all the way through to the 375, had some left in the tank in regards to leg drive, but pitched forward hard due to mistiming my breathing/bracing, it was weird, and I knew it as soon as I dropped into the hole, but man that SSB has some carry over, was able to maintain form (looked that way, anyway) and power through. Pretty dang happy with it.

6 Likes

Very glad it helped.

1 Like

Yeah, it was just a much harder angle than I expected to be able to use and still maintain good control of the bar. But after the first few reps at 225 it felt pretty good, nice to not have my squat style determined by pain (gettin’ old ain’t for weenies, ha.)

1 Like

Plus, it really enforces using your lats.

Bulgarian split squat?

1 Like

Notes: Caloric intake will probably be restricted a bit more due to a freshly minted highly hectic schedule. I was approached a few weeks ago to help supervise and put together a strength and conditioning program for our county’s highschool athletics. I, of course, jumped at the chance to get in on the ground floor, forgetting that I already coach middle school football, have a full time job, a wife, and other responsibilities haha I have a 10 week “season” in which I get to operate. M-Th 5p-8p. Hopefully sleep will be minimally affected, may need to shift training days around a bit to accommodate for the added stress/hours.

2 Likes

Nice squatting, you look completely different then I thought!
Sounds like you will be very busy, but that you will enjoy it!

2 Likes

Ha, you had pictured a mullet, hadn’t you! Thanks! Yeah, it’ll be good, good group of kids, the ladies showed up and showed out for their first session yesterday.

5/30/18

Weight: 193.8, 193.8

Off/Active Rest

15 Minute Walk
Incline 15 x 2.5mph x Body Weight

Giant Set:
Ab Wheel Roll Out (+25lbs)
3D BPA
Calves
Heel Elevated Squat (ala Paul Carter)

Sick, tired, but still physically able. I’m still eating the same amount of food, but the weight is falling, probably dehydration, although I’ve been pushing fluids, not really sure what’s up. Will adjust volume for lifts accordingly (not exactly the “Jack Shit” program, but close haha)

Pretty much, was pleasantly surprised there wasn’t one, lol

1 Like

I’ve been blessed with a genetic haircut :joy: luckily I have very few moles and no dents in my dome haha

2 Likes

Nice squat man.
For a second I thought you’d get pinned, but then you kicked in overdrive.