Despade: Journey to Strong(ish?)

Game on

1 Like

Makes sense, now that I have a baseline I’m going to be playing around with 385-415 and working on technique, I think that would probably serve me best as I am a heavily back focused deadlifter, always have been (probably shitty technique early on).

@littlesleeper ha, it sure felt sexy for a minute! You know…til I looked in the mirror and all haha

@painter27 Thanks, man! Appreciate the support!

@guineapig I harnessed the power of the guineapig in an attempt to pull my feet through the floor.

@lord_humongous Honestly, I’m not really sure, I busted my hamstring up a few months ago and couldn’t pull at all for quite awhile and really focused on squatting, I think for me it has just been getting stronger in general rather than any specific approach, although pulling less seems to be conducive to deadlift gains for me. Also, what is on? Are we racing? Because I’m slow, although I can go downhill fast, finish a box of donuts fast, or a medium pizza, haha

@cdmac24 I told all y’all I was getting my insta-hoe game on point! Gonna go home and tell my wife, “We ain’t gotta live like this no mo’!” haha in all honestly that feels pretty cool, thanks for pointing it out! I don’t have a tweeter machine so I would’ve missed it!

3 Likes

12/13/17

Weight: 203.0

Shoulders
5 x 95
5 x 135
2 x 5 x 150
3 x 3 x 150
2 x 5 x 135
2 x 8 x 115

High Pull/Upright Row in Smith Machine
4 x 12-15 x Weight

Giant Set
Rear Delt Raise
5 x 12 x 25-35
Tricep Extension
5 x 10-12 x 90-120
Lateral Raise
5 x 10 x 25

Giant Set
Plate Raise
4 x 10-12 x 35-45
Single Arm Tricep Extension
4 x 10 x 30-50
Bent Over Banded Fly (hooked under a bench, rear delt focus)
4 x 15 x Black Band

Giant Set
Front Raise
4 x 10 x 25
Face Pull
4 x 12-15 x 120
Tricep Extension
4 x 10 x 120

Meh, wanted to work in that 70-80% range, was looking at working sets of 6-8 with 150, but 5s was the technical failure point, not super surprised as my stabilizer muscles were shot from heavy deads and back day.

1 Like

This is me declaring that we’re rivals. I’m clearly Ash and you’re punk ass Gary. If you don’t get the reference then we can’t be friends

3 Likes

What is that?! Lord of the Rings? Star Wars? :joy: haha in all honesty I did have to look it up, is that pokemon or anime or something?

Are we going to be squat rivals? Because I’m in serious need of an arch nemesis haha

Yeah it’s just my inner childhood nerd showing itself. It’s Pokémon lol.

Yeah let’s have a little friendly contest. Let’s see if you can catch my squat first, or if I can catch your deadlift first. They’re both about a 50-60lb difference. Loser has to do something terrible, like a 20 rep set of 315lb squats

1 Like

Oh…shit…haha that sounds awesome, because it absolutely terrifies me at the moment.

Edit: So you’re sittin about 425 or so on squats at the moment?

Yeah sitting around 425-440. Hoping to get to 500 by my meet in April

1 Like

Or at least close lol

Actually despade I just thought about it. Trying to cover a 60lb gap with someone who’s also making progress would take a really long fucking time. How about this:
You have a 500 DL and a 385 squat. Total: 885
I have a 445 DL and a 440 squat. Total: 885

How about the first person to reach a 950 squat/ DL total? This seems a little more reasonable lol

3 Likes

That seems pretty reasonable and fair to me!
Pitter patter, let’s get at 'er!

2 Likes

Excellent. Now that we’ve got the pleasantries out of the way…

bringit

3 Likes

4 Likes

Would join in but I compete in the 1kg class so that’s a bit of a disadvantage.

Maybe start a thread somewhere or post frequent banter or trash talk in each others log

3 Likes

Talking shit was my strategy from the get go

3 Likes

If using GIFs/Memes pls feel free to use the GIF Dump. If y’all post anything good you’ll get featured in the dump anyways tho

2 Likes

this ought to be good!

I’m a good ways off from your totals or I’d jump in on this but I’m definitely here for the PRs!

No more #road to SHW with KFC mega feasts?
…dissapointed

3 Likes

Actually @guineapig is not that far off I think 385 SQ 485 DL. If he’d go up a weight class or two to 3kg then he’d be competitive

4 Likes

Do you know how long it takes to triple your bodyweight? hmph. Easier said than done that’s for sure

2 Likes