T Nation

Designing the ULTIMATE WEIGHTGAINER

Sometimes I get sick of milkshakes, sometimes I dont want to eat carbs. I am putting together some ideas to make the ultimate low-carb gainer.
Ok, so, so far this is what I put in it.
It isnt meant to be a ‘shake’, like every other weight gainer, it is meant to be a paste.

2 part Avacado
2 part natural Walnutbutter
1 part natural Peanutbutter
1 part EV coconut Oil
Powdered Ginger root

Each was added to help hide the other. It is a very strong taste, but if you add a little hot water as you mix it kind of works.

I will experiment further and update as I go. If you have any ideas, it IS the point of creating this thread. Explain why you did what, and how much. Hopefully we, as consumers (excuse the pun), can create our own beast of a concoction.

Peanut butter, almond meal, eggs, vanilla whey. Mix up, bake, eat?

Why do we need “gainers” anyway?

It is just a label. I’m just trying to organize something I can make a big batch of and jam down my throat without taking too much time.
I am skeptical of cooking. I eat my steak blue, and what I can, I eat raw.

Does anyone know the denaturing temperature of whey protein?

[quote]forevernade wrote:
It is just a label. I’m just trying to organize something I can make a big batch of and jam down my throat without taking too much time.
I am skeptical of cooking. I eat my steak blue, and what I can, I eat raw.

Does anyone know the denaturing temperature of whey protein?[/quote]

You denature ANY protein when you heat it sufficiently. Yup that includes meat and everything else.

It doesnt change a thing - infact for the best part it actually ups bioavailability.

I also made a mistake with the last post - swap the vanilla whey with a protein blend such as Metabolic Drive or peptide fusion for some slowew digesting proteins.

My current recipe Ive just drawn up and have yet to test drive:

150g natural peanut butter
150g vanilla protein powder
100g ground almonds
40g goji berries
4 eggs
water to mix to a thick, even consistency.

Mix, bake, eat.

6 servings each costing 76p:
35g protein
25g fat
9.5g carbs
3.6g fiber

Of course you can always drop the goji berries and the carbs will drop down to about 5-6g with about 2-3g fiber. Could also switch in the gojis for flax seeds for a real fiber boost.

Just a ballpark recipe - will give it ago later. Im just working out some cheap meals for uiversity you see!

SUPER WEIGHT-GAINER 9000PRO

1 litre clotted cream
3 scoops vanilla/banana whey
2TBSP peanut buttre
2 tbsp clown vomit
Some water in case it is too thickness.

I did something similar, with no baking:

2 scoops choc Metabolic Drive
4 tbl natty PB
4 tbl milled flax seeds
1 tbl 100% cacao unsweetened powder
2 tbl splenda
1/4 cup water

mixed in a bowl, then rolled em into little balls and put em in the fridge to chill.

2 servings of:
360 cal
30g pro
21g fat
15g carb, 7 of which is fiber

I made it to eat as a quick between meal snack, but you could just eat the whole batch for a quick 700 cals…

Ideally I think I would like to make a nice recipe with a favourable P+F profile around about 250 calories all from good quality food stuffs.

Ideally it would be a bar that could be made in batches and then frozen.

Would make adding in those 250 calorie increments even easier!

Hell simply dividing my up previous recipe into 10’s instead of a batch of 6 will give you 244 calories a piece. Could add in a tiny bit more goji berries if you were really anal about the extra 6 cals.

Whey protein shouldn’t really have any denaturing that it could possibly do as it is mostly just isolated amino acids which have virtually no secondary structure to denature.

But could it’s primary structure be damaged? Could it no longer be amino acids?

[quote]forevernade wrote:
But could it’s primary structure be damaged? Could it no longer be amino acids?[/quote]

Just what kind of fucking oven do you have?!

In other words: No, don’t worry about it.

Well I am assuming you don’t litereally incinerate your food till its nothing but a black carbon mess.