Desiccated Liver?

Anyone had experience with this supplement? I’m considering it for both it’s protien and amino acid profile and plus it has iron which is a plus for running events.

Thanks,
-Carl

[quote]SteaL7h wrote:
Anyone had experience with this supplement? I’m considering it for both it’s protien and amino acid profile and plus it has iron which is a plus for running events.

Thanks,
-Carl[/quote]

Start slow with it and build up - see if your body likes it. Buy good liver either Beverly Intl or NSP.

How about eating liver, one of the cheapest protein items around - 2 bucks a pound.

You’re not going to get much protein by taking capsules or pills of anything. What, less than a gram of liver protein? LOL!

Be careful with this one as it is very high in iron. I take it as I am anemic so it boosts my iron levels. Men usually don’t have the same kind of iron problems. Too much iron can be a problem.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

Be careful with this one as it is very high in iron. I take it as I am anemic so it boosts my iron levels. Men usually don’t have the same kind of iron problems. Too much iron can be a problem.

[/quote]

Remember this is heme-iron (from animal products) not artificial.

Try this article: vincegironda-nsp.com/articles/totalmisinformation.pdf

http://store.beverlyinternational.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=42

Bev Intl products can be had for much less than on their site. Try Google shopping search, many have free shipping.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
How about eating liver, one of the cheapest protein items around - 2 bucks a pound.

You’re not going to get much protein by taking capsules or pills of anything. What, less than a gram of liver protein? LOL![/quote]

Only want to eat quality liver - Argentine some of the best out there due to their processes. From the store in your town it’s probably a grain-fed, chemically laden animal, sorry to say…

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

You’re not going to get much protein by taking capsules or pills of anything. What, less than a gram of liver protein? LOL![/quote]

Only want to eat quality liver - Argentine some of the best out there due to their processes. From the store in your town it’s probably a grain-fed, chemically laden animal, sorry to say…[/quote]

And what’s this going to do to me?