T Nation

Depth Check. 610x5 Squat

I was beyond tight in my hips today from Wednesday because bright little me wanted to do hack squats like a doofus and I just couldn't get them opened up but anyways I think they're all right there but ill let you guys pick me apart and tell me that I suck. (There's a side view in the video)

All the reps in the 610x5 set looked a bit high.

omg is that Llyod Banks, why don’t I know this song…?!

WHAT IS THAT SONG

Also, you’re very strong…

Depth for what fed?

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Depth for what fed?[/quote]

RPS. Never missed a squat attempt for them based on depth but one of my buddies told me I was super high.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

WHAT IS THAT SONG

Also, you’re very strong…[/quote]

Lol I can’t tell if you’re fucking with me but its called “Shock The World”

Not that you care but I do judge for Raw United. I think the 610 squats were a little high for competition. The squats seemed right at parallel but did not break the plane where the knee and hip are at level. All the previous squats to 610 seemed good comp depth. Great training and music though. In my humble opinion another inch of depth will get you a good competition depth for just about every federation unless they are overly strict and anal.

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
Not that you care but I do judge for Raw United. I think the 610 squats were a little high for competition. The squats seemed right at parallel but did not break the plane where the knee and hip are at level. All the previous squats to 610 seemed good comp depth. Great training and music though. In my humble opinion another inch of depth will get you a good competition depth for just about every federation unless they are overly strict and anal.[/quote]

I appreciate you taking a few minutes to watch and reply, coming from a judge it’s something ill have to focus on a bit more leading up to the meet then. Thanks man.

Im not a judge nor have I competed in RPS but I’d have to agree, just slightly high. But nothing to worry about, sink it another inch and you will be solid.

[quote]BroLac wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

WHAT IS THAT SONG

Also, you’re very strong…[/quote]

Lol I can’t tell if you’re fucking with me but its called “Shock The World”[/quote]

WHAT?! No fucking…
That is great, thanks. I will add it to my ITunes library …

All the reps on the top set were an inch or so high. Your warmups were good, though. Probably right to cut your top set high though, I could tell your hips were tight enough to make your knees come in pretty bad on the way down.

Same as every one else is saying. Looking a smidge high but def nothing you couldn’t sink to depth on the platform.

You’re pretty strong!

I was wondering what your training looks and if you have any general tips. Whatever you have the time to share would be greatly appreciated!

You got anyone you can trust to judge depth??

Not sure how far out your comp is, but may be worth it to have someone stand to the side and give you an “UP!!” command right when you break correct depth.

Perfect practice makes perfect!