Depression/Anxiety & Test Boosters?

I need some help figuring out if it's ok to take testosterone boosters while on anti-anxiety meds. 

I was diagnosed with anxiety induced panic disorder this past march and have lost a lot of muscle. I have taken testosterone boosters before in the past before my diagnosis and had great gains, and want to start taking them again but i don’t know the side effects if i were to take them along with my anti-anxiety meds.

Is there anyone out there that can give me some better insight on this topic?

Potentially differs depending on what drug you are taking. Though, some things are just a general nono, like st johns wart. Try looking up interactions of your specific drug on the net, and if you still aren’t sure (in fact I reccomend this anyway) talk to your doctor about whether there’s any herbs or natural medicines you need to avoid (if you don’t want to be specific).
Dan

[quote]ultimate_jughead wrote:
I need some help figuring out if it’s ok to take testosterone boosters while on anti-anxiety meds.

I was diagnosed with anxiety induced panic disorder this past march and have lost a lot of muscle. I have taken testosterone boosters before in the past before my diagnosis and had great gains, and want to start taking them again but i don’t know the side effects if i were to take them along with my anti-anxiety meds.

Is there anyone out there that can give me some better insight on this topic? [/quote]

What meds are you taking?

If it was “just” depression I wouldn’t worry that much, but combined with anxiety - talk with your doctor first.

[quote]danchubb wrote:
Potentially differs depending on what drug you are taking. Though, some things are just a general nono, like st johns wart. Try looking up interactions of your specific drug on the net, and if you still aren’t sure (in fact I reccomend this anyway) talk to your doctor about whether there’s any herbs or natural medicines you need to avoid (if you don’t want to be specific).
Dan[/quote]

Go into the St Johns Wort/T booster interaction please.

I was referring to st johns wart and anti-depressant drugs; I believe that there are interactions with SSRIs.