Depressed After a Bad Workout

It’s not like being an ‘emo’ or something like that, but I have a hard time taking the punches of a failed workout. And today, I was just pitiful.

As I walked out the weight room some hours ago I felt like putting a gun to my head and paint the wall with my brains. I felt anger, disappointment, grief. I was at my worst. I try not to think about it, but not being able to do 5 reps at 70% of my 1RM just drives me crazy.

I guess it’s just one of those days, huh. To everyone who ever felt like this, I know what it’s fucking like.

eh, shitty days happen man.

Dust yourself off and try again.

Mate you should be happy that a workout invokes such emotions. It means you care.

That’s taking it a tad too seriously in my estimation. It’s good to be eager and motivated, but keep it realistic my friend. If you went in and gave it your all and exhausted your muscles it was a good workout. Building muscle/strength takes time so be patient and don’t expect it to happen overnight.

Take care!

D

Sometimes your body doesn’t need or want to go balls to the wall… If you’ve been busting ass really hard lately, maybe your body is telling you to rest…

[quote]markdp wrote:
Sometimes your body doesn’t need or want to go balls to the wall… If you’ve been busting ass really hard lately, maybe your body is telling you to rest…[/quote]

That is a good point. You can only keep the petal to the floor for so long before you need to feather the brakes to make it around the corner.

just switch up the things you do on a bad day

if you arent into a leg day hit the back or somethin

that’ll usually solve the problem from the start

[quote]Who_Cares wrote:
It’s not like being an ‘emo’ or something like that.[/quote]

It’s not?

You lost the game today.

You failed.

You’re a loser failure.

So is everyone else who’s ever been in this pursuit for longer than a month.

It’s how you recover, re-adjust, re-affirm, and move forward from it that truly matters.

It’s how you learn from failure which counts. Your mental attitude, Rome wasn’t built in a day - cliche I know. But think about it… It’s not exactly like it all went smoothly. Construction is notorious for that. I don’t see how bodybuilding is any different.

You require perspective.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Dust yourself off and try again.[/quote]

Thanks Aaliyah … I thought you died in a plane crash

Everyone gets the days like that. But I think that grinding through the days where you’re just not feeling it are the ones that wind up making the difference over the long haul.

[quote]Who_Cares wrote:
It’s not like being an ‘emo’ or something like that, but I have a hard time taking the punches of a failed workout. And today, I was just pitiful.

As I walked out the weight room some hours ago I felt like putting a gun to my head and paint the wall with my brains. I felt anger, disappointment, grief. I was at my worst. I try not to think about it, but not being able to do 5 reps at 70% of my 1RM just drives me crazy.

I guess it’s just one of those days, huh. To everyone who ever felt like this, I know what it’s fucking like.[/quote]

Dude, I just went through this yesterday. After three weeks off, i went in to do squats and bench of the 5/3/1. i did the main lifts, but I just wasnt feelin the accessory work. GHR’s seemed impossible and DB presses felt way too heavy. Ended up feeling pretty sad about it. But then, I put it all into perpective and it wasnt so bad. We still got our health…and you prolly did more real work then half the guys at the gym.

Keep your head up and crush that iron next time

You’re a fucking moron.
“waaaahhh waaaahhhh my workout wuz terribel!!! Waahhh waaahhh”
Shut the fuck up, go out there and bust ur ass. We all go through this at some point

You’re a fucking moron.
“waaaahhh waaaahhhh my workout wuz terribel!!! Waahhh waaahhh”
Shut the fuck up, go out there and bust ur ass. We all go through this at some point

Are you done crying yet? If you do this for more than a few months, it will happen, more than once. Get a grip. Seriously.

You know what? Don’t even dust yourself off. Quit.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
countingbeans wrote:

Thanks Aaliyah … I thought you died in a plane crash[/quote]

LOL, I quite liked that song. RIP Aaliyah.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
polo77j wrote:
countingbeans wrote:

Thanks Aaliyah … I thought you died in a plane crash

LOL, I quite liked that song. RIP Aaliyah.

D[/quote]

lol… I was wondering where that came from. Doesn’t Jay Z say it at one point…

Fuck no that’s “get that dirt of ya shoulda’s”

Ha ha

said by a guys who’s SN is “who cares”

c-mon…we all have shitty days. who cares? :wink:

get it next time!