Denver Pit Bull Ban

Or “love sponge”

My cocker spaniel did more damage (all facial injuries) than my pits or rottweiler ever even thought of doing. Come to find out cockers are not family dogs.

I’ve also heard that homeowner’s insurance reps are checking homes to see what kind of dogs are there and if they act aggressive. The rep will then recommend dumping the insured if the dog seems too aggressive while the rep is walking around the property.

When i was a kid my grandmother raised Chihuahuas . They were the meanest dogs I have encountered in my 47 years of life . When we visited her we could do nothing besides stand there or those little bastards would attack.Luckily they were too small to do much damage.
My fathers brothers owned German Shepherds . Every one of those dogs bit me. I have owned one it was my favorite dog
I own a lab/pitbull.She is a gentle soul with kids but will not tolerate other dogs
I think a vicious dog ordanance sounds like the answer.

I think ownership licences with a pass/fail questionaire might help to see who is a qualified owner, but that would be creating even more red tape.
Idealy (and that is a huge qualifier) people would take responsibility for their own actions and the actions of their pets without having laws that hold their feet to the fire.

actually i live here…been here my whole life…my roommate works for denver animal control

yes denver has a big dogfight problem…and my boxing trainers pit killed a little girl sparking the first ban almost 20 years ago(pit bull law has been repealed a year but now is back in effect thus causing all the media attention)…i DO UNDERSTAND IT IS NOT THE DOGS BUT THE HUMANS FAULT FOR TRAING DOGS TO BE MEAN AND FEEDING THEM GUNPOWDER…but after ever gangbanger around walks around with a pit and threatens/intimidates others…and countless police officers had pits sicked on them i can see why the ban

but what i dont see is the naysayers doing anything about it…maybe because VERY FEW even live in denver county?maybe they should move to my neighborhood and maybe they might change their mind and agree with the ban

I understand Pitbulls are powerful animals but why stop with pitbulls why not
American bulldog
Cane corseca
South African bour hound
Tosa inu
I think you see my point. The list could go forever.

[quote]xgymratx wrote:
actually i live here…been here my whole life…my roommate works for denver animal control

yes denver has a big dogfight problem…and my boxing trainers pit killed a little girl sparking the first ban almost 20 years ago(pit bull law has been repealed a year but now is back in effect thus causing all the media attention)…i DO UNDERSTAND IT IS NOT THE DOGS BUT THE HUMANS FAULT FOR TRAING DOGS TO BE MEAN AND FEEDING THEM GUNPOWDER…but after ever gangbanger around walks around with a pit and threatens/intimidates others…and countless police officers had pits sicked on them i can see why the ban

but what i dont see is the naysayers doing anything about it…maybe because VERY FEW even live in denver county?maybe they should move to my neighborhood and maybe they might change their mind and agree with the ban
[/quote]