Denver Pit Bull Ban - TC Thoughts?

Denver has now fully outlawed possession of Pit-Bulls. The assholes of the right have once again removed your civil rights while protecting you. People are going to wake up one day in the USA and realize everything is illeagal, but you are well protected. I can’t remember who said it but “America will be the first country to vote in fascism”.

we all knew that was the case here anyway.

The uk has the dangerous dogs act, which limits and bans certain breeds.

It was a knee jerk reaction.

I can still get nicely mauled by a alsation, or even a greyhound, but that doesn’t seem to matter.

People are fucking stupid.

how likely am I to be attacked by a pit-bull? or a rottweiler?

one thing that tends to freak me out is seeing some big bastard dog, when i’m walking home with a bag of steak, and they start eyeing up my carrier bags.

to make it worse, its always some little pussy holding the lead. some fuckin 120lb putz holding a chain that looks like it was last used to moor the titanic…like they would stand a chance if their dog wanted to get away from them.

if i saw TC with his dog, i’d think thats cool, nice animal…because he’s over 200lbs it wouldnt bother me.

7 yr olds with pit-bulls on the other hand freak me out.

am i just a pussy who’s read one too many tabloid stories?

Most people in my area (baltimore-DC) use pitbulls to fight, and fight only. They’re horribly abused and very dangerous unless raised properly.

Some old lady just got mauled by 3 dogs and killed, and then it happend again a few days after.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
Denver has now fully outlawed possession of Pit-Bulls. The assholes of the right have once again removed your civil rights while protecting you. People are going to wake up one day in the USA and realize everything is illeagal, but you are well protected. I can’t remember who said it but “America will be the first country to vote in fascism”. [/quote]

Wait a minute…

I know this law was enacted in 1989, but I was under the impression that it was rescinded last year…at least that’s what my lawyer told me.

Has something happened?

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:
Denver has now fully outlawed possession of Pit-Bulls. The assholes of the right have once again removed your civil rights while protecting you. People are going to wake up one day in the USA and realize everything is illeagal, but you are well protected. I can’t remember who said it but “America will be the first country to vote in fascism”.

Wait a minute…

I know this law was enacted in 1989, but I was under the impression that it was rescinded last year…at least that’s what my lawyer told me.

Has something happened?

[/quote]

It was all over Channel 9 News last night. It is now fully active and all owners within the confines of Denver have 30 Days to get their dogs out.

This was taken from the 9News Website:

DENVER - Anyone who owns a pit bull in Denver now has 30 days to get their dog out of the city.

Denver’s ban on pit bulls was thrown into question last spring when the state Legislature passed a law prohibiting any locality from passing a breed-specific ban on dogs. The city then appealed.

On Friday, a district court ruled that Denver’s pit bull ban can stand. Denver District Court Judge Martin F. Egelhoff found that the State Attorney General’s Office failed to provide any new scientific evidence in the field of animal behavior or other new information to undermine the findings in the decision that led to the original ban that went into effect in 1991. That ruling was upheld by the Colorado Supreme Court a year later.

Judge Egelhoff also found that the state Legislature violated Denver’s home rule authority under the state constitution when it acted on the matter last session.

Doug Kelley, with Denver Animal Control, says city and county residents who are known to have pit bulls will receive letters about the re-instated ban.

Denver defines a “pit bull” as any American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, or any dog displaying the majority of physical traits of any of these breeds.

its like gun control laws…scumbags who own dogs and abuse them and allow them to harm others dont play by the rules so more or stricter rules arent going to help

so with gun control make it as hard as you can to get a gun legally…do these muderous asswholes get their guns legally at wall mart??? no, the get them on the street so what the fucks it matter how strict the law is.

so regulation i understand i agree with waiting periods and such but like the dog ban only LAW ABIDING citzens are going to be affected, people who wouldnt let an attack happen to begin with.

sorry i grew up with a great pit bull and this debate always gets me heated. it just seems whenever there is an attack the owner is some scumbag and its their fault.