Dental Care Problem...

I have a dental question. I work for a paralyzed billionare. This involves brushing his teeth. I noticed that he has REALLY bad canker sores and they won’t go away. He also automatically swallows when anything goes in his mouth, so harsh chemicals are out of the question because he will get sick when he swallows them.

The other problem is that since I started working with him I brush his gums. For two months they have not stopped bleeding. He has a dentist but apparently the dentist hasn’t noticed or nobody else cares. I don’t know.

I do want to help him improve his oral health because I feel this is important to overall health. Any suggestions for the bleeding gums and canker sores?

It seems too long to still be bleeding.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
I have a dental question. I work for a paralyzed billionare. This involves brushing his teeth. I noticed that he has REALLY bad canker sores and they won’t go away. He also automatically swallows when anything goes in his mouth, so harsh chemicals are out of the question because he will get sick when he swallows them.

The other problem is that since I started working with him I brush his gums. For two months they have not stopped bleeding. He has a dentist but apparently the dentist hasn’t noticed or nobody else cares. I don’t know.

I do want to help him improve his oral health because I feel this is important to overall health. Any suggestions for the bleeding gums and canker sores?

[/quote]

I think you need to talk to his dentist and avoid trying to diagnose intraoral lesions on your own in someone who is incapacitated. It could be much more serious or you could be under the wrong assumption.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
beebuddy wrote:

I think you need to talk to his dentist and avoid trying to diagnose intraoral lesions on your own in someone who is incapacitated. It could be much more serious or you could be under the wrong assumption.[/quote]

Yes, perhaps this is one of the few questions that T-Nation members should not help with. You should have at least posted pictures. Also, I would use an electric toothbrush to make your job easier. The oral-B is the best.

I think you are correct. The reason it has come to this is that I am never on-shift for the dentist appointments and no one else seems to give a shit! It’s very frustrating. I will just have to work things so that I can get in contact with the DDS.

Serisouly though, I am right to be concerned for 2+ months of bleeding right? I mean, as a kid when I neglected oral health my gums bled when I brushed them, so I brushed them more until the bleeding stopped. This doesn’t seem to be working here.

Edit: Thanks for the reply summa.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
I think you are correct. The reason it has come to this is that I am never on-shift for the dentist appointments and no one else seems to give a shit! It’s very frustrating. I will just have to work things so that I can get in contact with the DDS.

Serisouly though, I am right to be concerned for 2+ months of bleeding right? I mean, as a kid when I neglected oral health my gums bled when I brushed them, so I brushed them more until the bleeding stopped. This doesn’t seem to be working here.[/quote]

Certain medications can lead to gingival overgrowth and increased bleeding the in the area. That is why you need to discuss this with a professional who can actually look into this man’s mouth and who knows his medical history.

Good enough, thanks for the reply. I guess I just needed to hear that my concern was valid. Why? hehe who the hell knows.

thanks again.

[quote]summa wrote:

Yes, perhaps this is one of the few questions that T-Nation members should not help with. You
[/quote]

Actually he did get the best advice from someone on the site. X is our resident DDS. He got me flossing again. : )

[quote]MaloVerde wrote:
summa wrote:

Yes, perhaps this is one of the few questions that T-Nation members should not help with. You

Actually he did get the best advice from someone on the site. X is our resident DDS. He got me flossing again. : )

[/quote]

Dammit Iwant my DDS now :frowning:

[quote]beebuddy wrote:

[/quote]

Let me know if he needs more help, or wants to get married, or something. I need to get out and meet more paralyzed billionaires.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
beebuddy wrote:

Let me know if he needs more help, or wants to get married, or something. I need to get out and meet more paralyzed billionaires. [/quote]

Well we are in DC. It’s a thought. Of course you would have to be thoroughly hazed first to make sure you aren’t a wierdo. :slight_smile:

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Well we are in DC. It’s a thought. Of course you would have to be thoroughly hazed first to make sure you aren’t a wierdo. :)[/quote]

Dow! I am looking for employment and while I may be a bit intense for some people, I am definitely not a weirdo. Even though my post was a joke, well, now I am gonna have to email you as I am outside DC.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Petedacook wrote:
beebuddy wrote:

Let me know if he needs more help, or wants to get married, or something. I need to get out and meet more paralyzed billionaires.

Well we are in DC. It’s a thought. Of course you would have to be thoroughly hazed first to make sure you aren’t a wierdo. :)[/quote]

Feel free to send him to Australia for a trip to the dentist, and to tell him that it’s normal for a 50,000$ checkup fee

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
Well we are in DC. It’s a thought. Of course you would have to be thoroughly hazed first to make sure you aren’t a wierdo. :slight_smile:

Dow! I am looking for employment and while I may be a bit intense for some people, I am definitely not a weirdo. Even though my post was a joke, well, now I am gonna have to email you as I am outside DC. [/quote]

There won’t be any need until I go back to school this summer. So there’s no rush on this end, but email me your resume sometime. I think my email is accessible through this site.