T Nation

Dent In My Chest


I noticed early this week that i have like some weird dent in my chest… i dont know if its just cause of the muscle that is growing in my pecs that makes this bone almost pop out. Notice im NOT posting this as a progression pic. Im just a bit concerned… is this normal?


Heres another image…i was wondering if it is cause im so lanky.


And the last one:

Not sure where the dent is, but I’m sure more attentive viewers will find it. A visually aid would help me though, xD

…why would you even make this thread when there is one right above yours involving pec growth?. It’s already been proven that genetics dictate that some people will have a “dent” in that part of the chest while others will have a more full looking chest…just work on reaching your own maximum genetic potential instead of trying to imitate someone else.

Edit:

If it doesn’t cause pain don’t worry about that “bone” and just cover it up with muscle…and the above is like future advice because something tells me you are gonna need it.

[quote]Steel88 wrote:
…why would you even make this thread when there is one right above yours involving pec growth?. It’s already been proven that genetics dictate that some people will have a “dent” in that part of the chest while others will have a more full looking chest…just work on reaching your own maximum genetic potential instead of trying to imitate someone else.[/quote]

My thread on pec growth owns.

[quote]RebornTN wrote:
Steel88 wrote:
…why would you even make this thread when there is one right above yours involving pec growth?. It’s already been proven that genetics dictate that some people will have a “dent” in that part of the chest while others will have a more full looking chest…just work on reaching your own maximum genetic potential instead of trying to imitate someone else.

My thread on pec growth owns. [/quote]

lol…i needed a joke like that before a 12hr shift…thanks :slight_smile:

[quote]Steel88 wrote:
RebornTN wrote:

My thread on pec growth owns.

lol…i needed a joke like that before a 12hr shift…thanks :)[/quote]

I try to do my part.

Is there anywhere on this site in which a person can make a statement and not get flamed?? This is the beginner section so weird questions should be expected.

Jerryricepawns, Yes your right pec looks to me to have a different look than the left side. Your in luck as you and yourr pecs are small, build them and your whole body up, get strong as fuck and unless you plan on competing next week don’t sweat it.

the beginner section is for beginner questions

to the OP, it’s just how the muscle inserts onto your sternum, i have a similar ‘dent’

add lots of muscle, it won’t look weird

…and no i can’t see it from the pics, i just know what you’re talking about

i had one of those and it went away when i built my chest up.

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:
Is there anywhere on this site in which a person can make a statement and not get flamed?? This is the beginner section so weird questions should be expected.
[/quote]

Most of the time people get flamed for lack of researching as 99% of questions have already been asked and answered.

Ok then, why not shut this forum down since we all know everything.

seriously, this is the beginners section. theyre like 8th graders, their bodies are making all these weird changes and theyre curious about them. haha.

get off someones ass because youve been lifting a year and are on some power trip that no one should ever ask a question. i swear to god i think the people who say “never ask a quesiton just do a search, jeez” are just trying way too hard to fit into the site.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i think the people who say “never ask a quesiton just do a search, jeez” are just trying way too hard to fit into the site.[/quote]

Or they feel like they just HAVE to leave a comment. But instead of being useful and answering the question, they flame the OP for being stupid enough to post a beginner question in the beginners section.

Makes perfect sense to me.

You callin me a stupid beginner!?!?!?!!?

This could be epic.

I honestly cannot see anything abnormal about the shape of your chest from the pictures provided.

When most people talk about a dent in their chests, they have some degree of what is called “pectus excavatum.”

My bad if I came off as a prick or whatever…but I did answer his question before all my critics did anyways so I don’t see what the big deal is.