T Nation

Denounced By an Idiot

This twerp has the nerve to attack Limbaugh, after Rush refers to a phony soldier as just that.

"I believe ... that this war is lost, and this surge is not accomplishing anything, as is shown by the extreme violence in Iraq this week," Reid told journalists.

Wow, Harry, there was violence in Iraq this week? Wow!! Nothing like long term thinking and planning Harry!!

Is this akin to saying: "Well, Americans shouldn't be allowed to invest any of their Social Security contributions in an index fund!! The market was down 12 points today!!"

Senator Reid is an absolute moron and the people that vote for him should be beaten with the stupid stick.

Hey, you're right! Senator Reid has just been denounced by a total fucking idiot. Good call!

How are things in Nevada?

But the Petraeus ad upset you? I thought the military was beyond reproach. TRY LIMBAUGH FOR TREASON!!!

Add in an absolute failure of a leader, testicle-free, and being disingenuous to his constituents.

LOL! I just got that.

How ironic.

And it didn't take you a full day, like before. You win a cookie!!

Who's idiot is denouncing whom ?

Who was Limbaugh talking about with his phony soldier comment?

Was he talking about that guy that washed put of basic training and falsely claims he was a Ranger in Iraq and was ordered to commit war crimes?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Here is the Fake Soldier he referenced previosuly.

Man who lied about actions in Iraq admits faking forms

By David Bowermaster
Seattle Times staff reporter

Jesse MacBeth stoked opposition to the Iraq war in 2006 when he spoke out about atrocities he committed as a U.S. Army Ranger serving as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

MacBeth, 23, of Tacoma, claimed to have killed more than 200 people, many at close range, some as they prayed in a mosque. He spoke at an anti-war rally in Tacoma and appeared in a 20-minute anti-war video that circulated widely on the Internet.

Trouble is, none of MacBeth's claims was true. He made it through only six weeks of Army basic training, was never a Ranger and never set foot in Iraq.

Conservative bloggers exposed MacBeth's lies in May 2006, destroying his credibility and embarrassing the Seattle company that produced the video about his exploits.

MacBeth's comeuppance continued Thursday, when he pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Seattle to one count of making false statements to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Before becoming a public figure, MacBeth admitted, he filed a bogus claim for VA benefits in 2005 that included a fraudulent military-discharge form.

MacBeth said on the forms that he had been in the Army for more than three years and had achieved the rank of corporal. He also claimed he had been awarded a Purple Heart and that he was discharged because he suffered from post-traumatic-stress disorder.

None of those assertions was true, MacBeth acknowledged in a plea agreement. MacBeth spent 44 days as a private at Fort Benning, Ga., in 2003 but was released "for issues related to entry-level performance and conduct," according to court papers.

PepperSpray Productions in Seattle produced the video titled "Jesse MacBeth: An Iraq Veteran Speaks Out."

In the film, MacBeth told nuanced tales of brutal killings he carried out at the behest of his commanding officers.

"They would actually feel the hot muzzle of my rifle on their forehead," he reportedly said on the video, which is no longer in circulation.

The production company, which describes itself as a "video activist collective" of volunteers formed after the World Trade Organization protests in Seattle in 1999, has a link to a "Jesse MacBeth Retraction" on its home page.

The statement reads, in part: "Jesse Macbeth misrepresented to PepperSpray Productions and others his military service and was never deployed in Iraq. When we learned that Macbeth's service records were fraudulent, we immediately pulled the video and are no longer distributing it."

MacBeth, a skinny 23-year-old with close-cropped hair and a goatee, said little as he entered his guilty plea before Magistrate Judge James Donohue.

U.S. District Court Judge Robert Lasnik will sentence him Sept. 21. The maximum penalty for making false statements to the government is five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

WASHINGTON �?? The owner of the company that airs Rush Limbaugh's show has come to his defense, telling Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid that while he isn't certain to whom Limbaugh was referring when he used the term "phony soldiers," the radio talk show host has a long history of supporting U.S. troops.

Mark P. Mays, president of Clear Channel, the parent company of Limbaugh's broadcast, on Tuesday responded to a letter signed by 41 Democrats that called on the network "to publicly repudiate" comments made by Limbaugh "that call into question" the service and sacrifice of troops who oppose the war in Iraq.

"Mr. Limbaugh's comments have stirred a lot of emotion, and I have carefully read the transcript in question," Mays wrote. "Given Mr. Limbaugh's history of support for our soldiers, it would be unfair for me to assume his statements were intended to personally indict combat soldiers simply because they didn't share his own beliefs regarding the war in Iraq."

Here's the quote Zap:

"Limbaugh's comments in question came last Wednesday when Limbaugh and a caller were discussing critics of the Iraq war:

'What's really funny is, they [Iraq war critics] never talk to real soldiers,' the caller said. 'They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media.'

'The phony soldiers,' Limbaugh then said."

You can make your own judgment, but I think it's pretty clear he is not referring to one specific individual as they are frantically trying to spin it now.

Typical Rush Limbaugh if you ask me. He gets caught making a dumb comment and is now trying to single out someone to vilify.

That is exactly what was done with the phony soldier. I cannot say what he was thinking but given the context that the are "pulling soldiers out of the blue" reinforces the idea he was referring to the guy lying about his service and not a real soldier.

LIMBAUGH: "Save the -- keep the troops safe" or whatever. I -- it's not possible, intellectually, to follow these people.

CALLER 2: No, it's not, and what's really funny is, they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull [b]these soldiers[/b] that come up out of the blue and talk to the media.

LIMBAUGH: The phony [b]soldiers[/b].

CALLER 2: The phony soldiers. If you talk to a real soldier, they are proud to serve. They want to be over in Iraq. They understand their sacrifice, and they're willing to sacrifice for their country.

LIMBAUGH: They joined to be in Iraq. They joined --

CALLER 2: A lot of them -- the new kids, yeah.

LIMBAUGH: Well, you know where you're going these days, the last four years, if you signed up. The odds are you're going there or Afghanistan or somewhere.

CALLER 2: Exactly, sir.

The caller knew exactly what Rush meant and contrasted the "phony soldiers" with real soldiers that "want to be over in Iraq". Instead of correcting the caller or clarifying what he meant, Rush goes on to add that you know what you're getting yourself into when you sign up.

This damage control is weak sauce. I don't know why so many people circle the wagons around this drug-addled, limp dick, fat fuck. BTW, Rush's phony soldiers list now includes this man:

Distinguished Service Medal of the United States Marine Corps, upon his retirement from the Marine Corps Reserves for 37 years of distinguished service to his country, 1990.

Distinguished Service Medal, Pennsylvania's highest honor, 1977.

Meritorious Service Medal, Pennsylvania's second-highest honor, 1976.

Bronze Star with Combat V, 1966.

Purple Heart, 1966.

Purple Heart, second award, 1966.

Vietnamese Cross of Galantry, 1966.

American Spirit Honor Medal of the Marine Corps Recruit Department, 1952.

(In case you think drug-addled, limp dick, fat fuck is just an ad hominem attack...)

Limp dick

Fat fuck

Seems like they are putting words in each others mouths.

The caller first talked about soldiers being pulled out of the blue by the media which implies that they are a media creation and not a real soldier.

Then Limbaugh said phony soldiers and the caller took it from there.

The caller certainly is implying that a soldier that does not want to fight is phony but Limbaugh did not say any such thing.

Much ado about nothing.

As I understand it he did not reference that specific soldier for a few minutes after making the "phony soldier" comments. So was he addressing the "phony soldier" comment directly at that soldier, or more towards all soldiers that disagree with the war?

Apparently our legislature has nothing more important to do than "denounce" newspaper ads and talk radio hosts.

I'm disgusted with everyone at this point.

Limbaugh is an ass. MoveOn.org are asses and our legislature is a waste. That should be a part time job.

Its obvious to any one listening what he meant.

Rush says that you have to listen to him for at least 6 weeks before what he says makes sense. Before then, he sounds like how the libs portray him.

If you are a short-term thinker and unable to think using concepts, listening to him will be a mystery. Since libs think that way, they don't understand him.