Dennis James

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1118914527000.inflatable2.jpg

Here’s another off season photo from that Russian site.

Yeah ProfX; although this is a bodybuilding website, the venom poured out on some of the big guys is pretty incredible. And all of this from supposedly “hardcore” and “tolerant” T-men. It makes me sick sometimes. Everyone has a right to their opinion but it does strike me as weird that the top dogs are such targets for insults on this here website forum.

Donnie…

[quote]PtrDR wrote:
Yeah ProfX; although this is a bodybuilding website, the venom poured out on some of the big guys is pretty incredible. And all of this from supposedly “hardcore” and “tolerant” T-men. It makes me sick sometimes. Everyone has a right to their opinion but it does strike me as weird that the top dogs are such targets for insults on this here website forum.

Donnie…[/quote]

It just amazes me that the attitude would be that prevalent when everyone is claiming to be so strict with their diets and so motivated in their training. If every single time a larger bodybuilder’s picture gets posted, 20 posts erupt as insults, it seriously makes me wonder exactly how much progress everyone is actually making.

Not everyone likes this type of physique. There’s nothing wrong with that.

[quote]basementD wrote:
Not everyone likes this type of physique. There’s nothing wrong with that. [/quote]

That’s fine. No one should complain when someone weighing 150lbs gets railed for trying to lose weight in the picture forum then, right? Cool.

The real pic is very impressive. Kind of reminded me as to why I got interested in bodybuilding in the first place: physiques that’s totally out of ordinary. I always liked these pre-contest photos. They just seem more impressive. I remember, I’m sure some of you do too, 11 or 12 years ago when Dorian published some black and white pre-contest photos in Flex, those pics looked INCREDIBLE.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
basementD wrote:
Not everyone likes this type of physique. There’s nothing wrong with that.

That’s fine. No one should complain when someone weighing 150lbs gets railed for trying to lose weight in the picture forum then, right? Cool.
[/quote]

I have to agree with you on this. Basically anyone that posts on T-Nation, beginner, pro, etc… is open to criticism.

We are all going to have different opininons of what is an ideal physique.

[quote]Sarge131 wrote:
Boy, he sure looks a lot different on the “King of Queens”.[/quote]

This made me laugh, out loud…

From the real pic he looks like he has a very small waist. That he has avoided the weird gut alot of BBers seem to be sporting. He is impressive.

As for the insults, again its like the idiots that posted on the womens thread bashing some of the pics the ladies felt inspired by, or going on the ass worship thread (not that I check it every single day or anything) and yelling how Breasts are better!

Degustibus non distputamus. Its latin the spelling may be off but it means “What we LIKE is not disputable.” Theories and ideas are disputable, likes and dislikes are not. I like sushi go ahead give me a compelling argument that I do not in fact like sushi.

There are advantages and disadvantages to beening bigger or smaller. What matters most is what you want outta your body and how you want it to look.

It’s impressive to a point…then you realize how junked up these dudes are and you remember, if you’re like me, that weight training, regardless of whether you want to “look good nekkid” or “add some mass” SHOULD be about improving the way your body looks and works.

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:

There are advantages and disadvantages to beening bigger or smaller. What matters most is what you want outta your body and how you want it to look.

[/quote]

That is all fine and well, but considering this is a bodybuilding forum, it surprises me that people are so outwardly against bodybuilders. I don’t have the personal goal of being quite that big. However, it would be retarded for me to make remarks about it in a negative light unless it was in direct response to “gh guts” or other anomalies that actually go against what bodybuilding was originally about.

I like muscular women but don’t like the horses who have taken it to a disgusting level. That is because it goes against what women’s bodybuilding originally involved. It was never about women who look like men with tits.

The same applies here. I could see if there was a specific concern like acne, Kovac’s bloated conditioning, or synthol, but to degrade bodybuilders who actually look like bodybuilders? What is the point in that?

“It must hurt to be that big”

Does it? Do people really walk around thinking that some guy is in pain because he has big muscles? Opinion is one thing, degrading what we are all partially involved in is another.

Yeah, it must hurt to be that big…when he punches you in the face!

Jersey5150 wrote:

That is all fine and well, but considering this is a bodybuilding forum, it surprises me that people are so outwardly against bodybuilders. I don’t have the personal goal of being quite that big. However, it would be retarded for me to make remarks about it in a negative light unless it was in direct response to “gh guts” or other anomalies that actually go against what bodybuilding was originally about.

I like muscular women but don’t like the horses who have taken it to a disgusting level. That is because it goes against what women’s bodybuilding originally involved. It was never about women who look like men with tits.

The same applies here. I could see if there was a specific concern like acne, Kovac’s bloated conditioning, or synthol, but to degrade bodybuilders who actually look like bodybuilders? What is the point in that?

Does it? Do people really walk around thinking that some guy is in pain because he has big muscles? Opinion is one thing, degrading what we are all partially involved in is another.[/quote]

Agreed…I guess my point is, especially on a site like this, keep your negative comments to your self especially when they dont contribute. A comment like “You are a fucking waif, what the fuck would you cut for???”

While negative it does have a positive element in that it may stop said knucklehead from withering away to nothing.

Yes ripping bodybuilders who look like bodybuilders is annoying so guys cut it out find something else to occupy you time.

Jersey5150 wrote:

Does it? Do people really walk around thinking that some guy is in pain because he has big muscles? Opinion is one thing, degrading what we are all partially involved in is another.[/quote]

Why do you waste your breath, Prof? We get these types of comments everytime TC posts a pic of anyone that has bigger arms than Justin Timberlake.

I can post the old mottos ad nauseum to proe that this is - or at least was a “Dangerously Hardcore” “Bodybuilding Thinktank”. But it goes ignored in favor of those that ‘don’t want to bulk up’.

I think that there are only about 20 or so folks left out there that want to be big and aren’t affraid of what the gay guy serving up estro-soy lattes at the Starbucks might think of us.

I’m gonna go watch Queer Eye for the Straight Guy now and wish I could fit in a shirt that has a 12-inch neck.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Jersey5150 wrote:

Does it? Do people really walk around thinking that some guy is in pain because he has big muscles? Opinion is one thing, degrading what we are all partially involved in is another.

Why do you waste your breath, Prof? We get these types of comments everytime TC posts a pic of anyone that has bigger arms than Justin Timberlake.

I can post the old mottos ad nauseum to proe that this is - or at least was a “Dangerously Hardcore” “Bodybuilding Thinktank”. But it goes ignored in favor of those that ‘don’t want to bulk up’.

I think that there are only about 20 or so folks left out there that want to be big and aren’t affraid of what the gay guy serving up estro-soy lattes at the Starbucks might think of us.

I’m gonna go watch Queer Eye for the Straight Guy now and wish I could fit in a shirt that has a 12-inch neck.

[/quote]

Damn straight Rainjack…damn straight…

Eat your HGHeaties - I mean, wheaties.

Eat your wheaties.

I could give a shit how big or small anyone wants to be. In other words I’m not taking sides. BUUT, technically being that big is going to hurt. It’s WAAYY beyond natural and your body isn’t made to handle that much drugs, food, abuse ect. Is that guy in pain right now? Probably not. But as you can see with some of the “older pros” ie. yates, levrone and a few others, you have to stop/slow it down or you won’t be around too long.