Dems Defend ObamaCare

It is going to seem like I am bashing Dems here, but in this case I am only pointing out flawed ideas on the Dems side in regard to ObamaCare, which is ass backwards

http://nation.foxnews.com/rep-john-lewis/2011/01/19/democrat-pursuit-happiness-makes-obamacare-legal

Rep John Lewis from GA has everything wrong, mixes up his documents, idiot.

Oldie but a goodie, Pelosi and her famous “we need to pass it to know what is in it;” I dare anyone to defend this fucking crazy ass rationale.

http://nation.foxnews.com/health-care/2011/01/19/sheila-jackson-lee-d-says-repealing-obamacare-unconstitutional

Shelia Jackson, somehow from TX, she butchers the meaning of certain parts of the Constitution, funny considering she was against the reading of it to begin this new session.

Yes, I know I know, Repubs make dumb comments too, but lets keep this about Obama care.

Related link

Basically shows how dumb our elected officials are (regardless of party).

â?¢Only 49 percent of elected officials could name all three branches of government, compared with 50 percent of the general public.

â?¢Only 46 percent knew that Congress, not the president, has the power to declare war – 54 percent of the general public knows that.

â?¢Just 15 percent answered correctly that the phrase “wall of separation” appears in Thomas Jefferson’s letters – not in the U.S. Constitution – compared with 19 percent of the general public.

â?¢And only 57 percent of those who’ve held elective office know what the Electoral College does, while 66 percent of the public got that answer right. (Of elected officials, 20 percent thought the Electoral College was a school for “training those aspiring for higher political office.”)

Fucking amazing right? What the fuck is happening to our Country!!!

I am going to flip flop here a little bit. The more I think about my previous post, the more I realize that all these idiots fall back on each and everyone of us. Instead of labeling this thread “Dems Defend ObamaCare” I should call it “Morons in Office.” Why are we not holding these clowns accountable?

Elected officials should be required to read, learn, study, etc. our founding documents. They swear to uphold them, yet they have no fucking idea what the say. Quit twisting, manipulating, leagal team combing for loopholes, etc. I would venture to say that our Founding Fathers would bitch slap approx. 99% of our current elected officials.

I’m against Dems. Let’s abolish them.

This is why government should be small. Because the people running it are either stupid or crooked. All too often they are both.

IMO, Politicians should be held accountable for the things they do, and if they are found guilty of misconduct, they should face prison(not the cushy kind) or the death penalty if the infraction(s) is severe enough.
We could take a lesson from Athens, and ban some of them from the country once in awhile.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
IMO, Politicians should be held accountable for the things they do, and if they are found guilty of misconduct, they should face prison(not the cushy kind) or the death penalty if the infraction(s) is severe enough.
We could take a lesson from Athens, and ban some of them from the country once in awhile.[/quote]

Put them on trial after their term is up.

Obamacare and the way it was shoved down Americans throats was the first and foremost reason for Republicans sweeping Democrats in November.
If it gets repealed on top of that, now that would just be awesome :slight_smile:

Dems? You mean the ones responsible for welfare, abortion, homosexual marriage, various attempts to take our guns, take God out of the public domain, higher taxes and now government controlled health care? As I’ve said before how any hard working American citizen can vote for a democrat is beyond me.

I think the way it was passed is what really pissed people off. The whole backroom deal bullshit looked like a scene from Goodfellas, where the hooking and thievery took place “not on CSPAN” like we kept hearing about.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Dems? You mean the ones responsible for welfare, abortion, homosexual marriage, various attempts to take our guns, take God out of the public domain, higher taxes and now government controlled health care? As I’ve said before how any hard working American citizen can vote for a democrat is beyond me. [/quote]

But the real worry is the death star they plan to target the planet of Alderon with…

One defense idea I’ve heard others mention about Obama care, is that repeal will cause our nations debt levels to rise. Charles Krauthammer has an article today showing how that is not the case - not even close.

GOP Must End, Not Amend, Dems’ Reform
http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/560379/201101201828/GOP-Must-End-Not-Amend-Dems-Reform.htm

From the article:

"Suppose someone â?? say, the president of the United States â?? proposed the following: We are drowning in debt. More than $14 trillion right now. I’ve got a great idea for deficit reduction. It will yield a savings of $230 billion over the next 10 years: We increase spending by $540 billion while we increase taxes by $770 billion.

He’d be laughed out of town. And yet, this is precisely what the Democrats are claiming as a virtue of ObamaCare.

During the debate over Republican attempts to repeal it, one of the Democrats’ major talking points has been that ObamaCare reduces the deficit â?? and therefore repeal raises it â?? by $230 billion. Why, the Congressional Budget Office says exactly that.

Very true. And very convincing. Until you realize where that number comes from."

[quote]Big Banana wrote:
This is why government should be small…[/quote]

A self-limiting government is a contradiction in terms.

Power will always be used to beget more power.

[quote]Bambi wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Dems? You mean the ones responsible for welfare, abortion, homosexual marriage, various attempts to take our guns, take God out of the public domain, higher taxes and now government controlled health care? As I’ve said before how any hard working American citizen can vote for a democrat is beyond me. [/quote]

But the real worry is the death star they plan to target the planet of Alderon with…[/quote]

Didn’t turn out so well for those Alderonians now did it.

No it did not. You said nothing of their alliance with the great good Cthulu either Zeb. What plans for calumnity and destruction do you think will come of that?

[quote]Bambi wrote:
No it did not. You said nothing of their alliance with the great good Cthulu either Zeb. What plans for calumnity and destruction do you think will come of that?[/quote]

I really, really hope you’re a chick…so I can respond to your ignorance with things like: Back in the kitchen whore!

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]Big Banana wrote:

Power will always be used to beget more power.[/quote]

That is why we must be ever vigilant.

[quote]Big Banana wrote:

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]Big Banana wrote:

Power will always be used to beget more power.[/quote]

That is why we must be ever vigilant.
[/quote]

That is why republicans are just as full of shit as democrats.