Delts and Upper Pecs

hey

through genetics or else my upper pecs and shoulders havent grown as mush as i want. so i want to change my workout. will this be overtraining?

monday:

incline bb press: 5x5
push press: 5x5
incline db press: 4x8-10
seated db press: 3x8-10

Thursday:

Flat bench press: 4x8-10
Side lateral raises: 3x12-15
Feet elevated push-ups: 4x max
Face-pulls: 3x10-12
Incline chest flyes: 3x12-15
Rear delt flyes: 3x12-15

i will do back and biceps on tuesday and legs and maybe one exercise for triceps on friday.

thank you in advance.

In no way should this be overtraining, but you may want to separate your shoulder workout from chest so that you can devote maximum effort to the bodypart you are lagging on any particular day. Just my $0.02. And don’t get caught up in developing the “mirror muscles” at the expense of your back and legs. Balance is key.

thank you. my lats and legs have been developing well. i have tried those 5x5 programs doing only compound movements and big muscle groups developed better.

[quote]rb33 wrote:
thank you. my lats and legs have been developing well. i have tried those 5x5 programs doing only compound movements and big muscle groups developed better.[/quote]
Most 5X5 programs don’t preclude assistance work - that’s what you need, sometimes, to bring up lagging parts.

[quote]pcdude wrote:

[quote]rb33 wrote:
thank you. my lats and legs have been developing well. i have tried those 5x5 programs doing only compound movements and big muscle groups developed better.[/quote]
Most 5X5 programs don’t preclude assistance work - that’s what you need, sometimes, to bring up lagging parts.[/quote]

indeed. thanks dude

John Meadows recommends doing chest and shoulders together. Look up his chest and delt articles here.
And put a priority on your side and rear delts that’s where a lot of the mass is and getting that cannonball shape.
Like after chest work…
Lateral partials
Btn barbell press
And then one or two rear delt

Something to try and force you to connect with the upper chest more on BB incline:

chest
HS incline press: work up to a tough set of 8, hold the stretch at the bottom for 1 sec, squeeze the pecs as hard as you can for 1 sec at lockout.
BB incline press: work up to top set of 6
DB bench press: 3-4x8-12
delts
heavy partial db lateral raises: 4x30
DB or machine overhead press: 3-4x10-15
rear delt flyes: 3x20-30

If done correctly, this will be enough for the week. Do chest/delts together or on separate days. Up to you.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
Something to try and force you to connect with the upper chest more on BB incline:

chest
HS incline press: work up to a tough set of 8, hold the stretch at the bottom for 1 sec, squeeze the pecs as hard as you can for 1 sec at lockout.
BB incline press: work up to top set of 6
DB bench press: 3-4x8-12
delts
heavy partial db lateral raises: 4x30
DB or machine overhead press: 3-4x10-15
rear delt flyes: 3x20-30

If done correctly, this will be enough for the week. Do chest/delts together or on separate days. Up to you. [/quote]

thanks i will try this from monday on. as i want to focus on upper pecs and delts i am to seperate them.

What is your current split? You could train shoulders/chest twice a week to see if added frequency helps.

[quote]The Rattler wrote:
What is your current split? You could train shoulders/chest twice a week to see if added frequency helps.[/quote]

i did total body routines like squat deadlift bench press on monday, push press chinups and front squad on wednesday, stiff legged deadlift incline bench press and bb row on sunday. i am bored with it and cant gain on my shoulders and upper pecs. the reason why i started body building is my narrow shoulders so i wanted to change it up.

big lats and small shoulders doesnt look good at all. i will decide which workout to use in the long run by trial and error. first four weeks i will try what jskrabac suggested me. then i will try the workout i wrote in my first post. i dont think there is a training split on paper that definitely works for anybody. but i know i need to get some brain.

[quote]rb33 wrote:

[quote]The Rattler wrote:
What is your current split? You could train shoulders/chest twice a week to see if added frequency helps.[/quote]

i did total body routines like squat deadlift bench press on monday, push press chinups and front squad on wednesday, stiff legged deadlift incline bench press and bb row on sunday. i am bored with it and cant gain on my shoulders and upper pecs. the reason why i started body building is my narrow shoulders so i wanted to change it up. big lats and small shoulders doesnt look good at all. i will decide which workout to use in the long run by trial and error. first four weeks i will try what jskrabac suggested me. then i will try the workout i wrote in my first post. i dont think there is a training split on paper that definitely works for anybody. but i know i need to get some brain.[/quote]

Start training a bodybuiding split: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/do_this_routine_instead_of_that_dumb_one?id=4404649&pageNo=0

[quote]rb33 wrote:

[quote]The Rattler wrote:
What is your current split? You could train shoulders/chest twice a week to see if added frequency helps.[/quote]

i did total body routines like squat deadlift bench press on monday, push press chinups and front squad on wednesday, stiff legged deadlift incline bench press and bb row on sunday. i am bored with it and cant gain on my shoulders and upper pecs. the reason why i started body building is my narrow shoulders so i wanted to change it up.

big lats and small shoulders doesnt look good at all. i will decide which workout to use in the long run by trial and error. first four weeks i will try what jskrabac suggested me. then i will try the workout i wrote in my first post. i dont think there is a training split on paper that definitely works for anybody. but i know i need to get some brain.[/quote]

There’s really no shoulder training in there. So that makes a lot of sense you’re not making much for gains in width. You need to hit your lateral delts, which pretty much means lateral raises, full or partial. You can augment that with vertical pressing, but the mechanics of vertical pressing (even behind the neck) usually hit your front delts harder than lateral or rear.