Deltoids Hurt

hey guys. i’ve been reading T-Nation and have been working out for about 4months. i’m a very skinny guy, i’m 5’7.5’’ and weight about 125pounds. to give you an idea of what level i’m at, i usually work out 2-3times per week for about 90minutes. my max bench is 105pounds.

for about 2weeks now, i’ve been having some anterior/lateral deltoid pains on my right side. i’ve been doing lateral raises(about 12pounds) and front raises ever since i started to work out so i’m surprised that it hurts. the pain usually happens when i start to do more than 5reps for bench/chest press. it hurts even more when i do dips on the gravitron.

could it be because of my form? i try to keep my upper arm a slight angle below parallel when i’m doing bench/chest presses. this is the correct technique right? or could it be because my deltoids are just weak?

thanks for any help

You’ve made the common mistake of putting too much emphasis on your front/medial delts and ignoring your rear delts. Do some wide grip rows, rear lateral raises, dumbell rows, or just regular rows. You can drop the front raises and focus on just benching heavy, and you’ll feel better in about 2 weeks.

[quote]Steel88 wrote:
You’ve made the common mistake of putting too much emphasis on your front/medial delts and ignoring your rear delts. Do some wide grip rows, rear lateral raises, dumbell rows, or just regular rows. You can drop the front raises and focus on just benching heavy, and you’ll feel better in about 2 weeks.[/quote]

what he said , but dont be alarmed if it takes longer than 2 weeks. mine took about 2 months after adding in rows and facepulls .

As above, also stretch the front delts and chest a lot after working out

oic thanks guys