T Nation

Delt Triad: Round Shoulders Fast 2

I just read the responses in this thread: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_article/the_delt_triad_round_shoulders_fast_3
to this article: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_delt_triad_round_shoulders_fast

I'm not sure why, but threads all seem to be locked and substituted with liveSpills and I can never get LiveSpills to work since they seem to be closed incredibly fast...

But anyway, I'd like to ask: how many shoulder routines are like this? I am interested in ComixGuy's observation about substituting the front raise with rear delt work. I have rounded shoulders and bad posture too, so it kind of seems important to get big rear delts.

The guys in the pictures look awesome, but when I look closely at the size of front vs. rear head, I stare and can't look away and it's almost like 'ew' or something?

[quote]tyciol wrote:
I just read the responses in this thread: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_article/the_delt_triad_round_shoulders_fast_3
to this article: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_delt_triad_round_shoulders_fast

I’m not sure why, but threads all seem to be locked and substituted with liveSpills and I can never get LiveSpills to work since they seem to be closed incredibly fast…

But anyway, I’d like to ask: how many shoulder routines are like this? I am interested in ComixGuy’s observation about substituting the front raise with rear delt work. I have rounded shoulders and bad posture too, so it kind of seems important to get big rear delts.

The guys in the pictures look awesome, but when I look closely at the size of front vs. rear head, I stare and can’t look away and it’s almost like ‘ew’ or something?[/quote]

I can’t comment as to most of this, i’m sure others will.

BUT if you have rounded-forward shoulders, while addressing rear delt and overall back muscle relative weakness is a great idea, you also should:

1. Practice perfect posture (like in the military, chest out, shoulders down and back, tense your gut) at all times

2. Work on foam-rolling and stretching your body. Problems areas for me in upper body were pec minor, lats, supraspinatus (dig inside your armpit to get this) upper trapezius. Also do thoracic extensions. Reducing the ‘tension’ (tightness) in these areas led to less forward pull, allowing my back muscles to pull my upper body into a natural alignment.
    In fact, foan rolling and stretching the whole body, from feet, calves etc on up would be a great idea. It really does work.

Rear delt raises, facepulls, reverse bands with a 10-20 second hold (i use this rubber hose thing that lays around at my gym).

Be sure to really “flex” your shoulders back when doing these.

I tried this routine today.

Humbling, to say the least. I went into it thinking that a 30 lb dumbell would be light enough, and wound up using the 15’s (and barely being able to make 12 reps!)

I did this after a few sets of standing military presses and my delts are still swollen 2 hours after. Definitely something I will be adding to the toolbox!

I did this but I thought it sucked. I improvised and started doing it on cables and it blew me away.

Mite try this sometime…

One day after - my delts have literally never been this sore in 12 years of training. Admittedly they’ve been a neglected bodypart for me, which is part of the reason I decided to give this routine a try. Will definitely use again!

Holy shit balls.

Just did this and i’ve never felt my delts like this. Looked hella manly too with the 8kg pink dumbells in my gym that I couldn’t even press at the end of the 3rd set. LOL.

I’ve been incorporating this into my delt routine for the past few weeks, and have literally noticed size increases on a weekly basis. Chicks keep commenting on my anterior deltoid development and request that I have sex with them.

I acknowledge that I’ve neglected my delts for far too long, but seriously, this routine works!

Started doing this as add on “feel the pump” exercise.

Insanely hard!

Hope its adds size to my shoulders.