Delt Pain on Certain Pressing Movements

I’ve noticed that when I do certain pressing movements my delts and posterior delts get REALLY sore.

Barbell benching is fine, but dumbbell benching and pushups kill me.

any ideas what’s wrong and how to fix it?

maybe your delts are weak in pressing movements compared to your triceps and chest, i have a similar issue with my front delts, try doing more isolation work to help your delts

take weeks off pressing in general. I had rotator tendonitis, and could overhead press without pain, but bunching absolutely killed me. Take 3-4 servings of ibuprofen a day, spread out. Ice your shoulders daily, FOcus on shrugs, cable rows, facepulls for the next few weeks.

stay away from everything that hits pecs/front delts.

This may be counter-intuitive, but maybe you need to do more dumbpell and push-up work. I mean, is it a GOOD sore, or a BAD sore? It could just be that those areas need work, and that’s why they tire and get sore first. Then again, maybe there’s some faulty wiring and you’d only hurt yourself.

I’ve lifted for 3 something years and I know good pain from bad pain and this is bad pain.

It isn’t that severe. AT set 1 I’ll do 30 pushups and be fine. but by set 5 it’ll be at a 4 and that’s when I stop because I don’t want to make it worse.

It must be some kind of imbalance. I layed off lifting for the last 2 months because I’d tweaked my elbows, knees, and the shoulder thing. Knees and elbows are better but the shoulders are still bothering me.