T Nation

Delt Injection

I know there are a million of these so forgive me.

I injected into my left delt for the first time ever, test e 300mg 1cc.

I used a 1.5" and went all the way in(oops) I put the wrong size on, I used 1" for my other delt.

So I went all the way in, didn’t hurt while injecting or after, I thought it went smoothly. Five days later it’s a little swollen, warm, and sore. Feels more sore when I move it around, didn’t really hurt when I trained arms yesterday(probably when it was the worst) but I felt it a little when bicep was fully contracted, easy to work through though as it’s just soreness not pain.

Should also mention my rotator cuff on my left shoulder got a minor tear about a year ago which is why I did right delt first.

I don’t THINK it’s an infection but I haven’t read much on people injecting 1.5" deep on delts as small as mine lol. I just wanted to know when I should take further action. I iced it for fifteen yesterday and three sessions of fifteen each today.

Got slightly worse if anything or stayed the same until fourth day(including date of injection) and fifth day it feels better. Little swollen, warm, red.

Typing this on my phone, sorry it’s all jumbled.

Full week, swelling down a little I think. Redness gone mostly, still cantbsee the bicep on that arm but less sore

[quote]spiderman88 wrote:
I know there are a million of these so forgive me.

I injected into my left delt for the first time ever, test e 300mg 1cc.

I used a 1.5" and went all the way in(oops) I put the wrong size on, I used 1" for my other delt.

So I went all the way in, didn’t hurt while injecting or after, I thought it went smoothly. Five days later it’s a little swollen, warm, and sore. Feels more sore when I move it around, didn’t really hurt when I trained arms yesterday(probably when it was the worst) but I felt it a little when bicep was fully contracted, easy to work through though as it’s just soreness not pain.

Should also mention my rotator cuff on my left shoulder got a minor tear about a year ago which is why I did right delt first.

I don’t THINK it’s an infection but I haven’t read much on people injecting 1.5" deep on delts as small as mine lol. I just wanted to know when I should take further action. I iced it for fifteen yesterday and three sessions of fifteen each today.

Got slightly worse if anything or stayed the same until fourth day(including date of injection) and fifth day it feels better. Little swollen, warm, red.

Typing this on my phone, sorry it’s all jumbled.[/quote]

Not entirely sure what you’re asking… However… I probably would switch to glute/quad injections if I were you, and go easy on the shoulders. Previous injury + stabbing them with long needles and AAS is sure to irritate them a bit.