T Nation

Deloads While On Cycle?

Just wanted to get every ones take on deloading during cycles, especially those of you who run 5/3/1. Say for typical cycles of 10 weeks, would it hurt or benefit you think to have a week deload?

Also, looking at it from a long term perspective, assuming you will ‘cycle for life’ so to speak. How then do you view deloading while on?

I’m interested in this as well. I’m in my 6th week of a 9 week cycle, and my joints are starting to feel really beat up. Usually I would take this as a sign I need to deload, but I can’t decide whether or not I should just push through and not waste a week of cycle.

Decisions, decisions.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
I’m interested in this as well. I’m in my 6th week of a 9 week cycle, and my joints are starting to feel really beat up. Usually I would take this as a sign I need to deload, but I can’t decide whether or not I should just push through and not waste a week of cycle.

Decisions, decisions.[/quote]

Yeah I am on my 3rd cycle straight of 5/3/1 for powerlifting without any deloads. Even being on test, 700mg/week, I am starting to feel a little run down and sore joints. In other words, the past week n a half I haven’t felt 100% in the gym and think it is slightly effecting my lifts.