Deloading on WSSB

hey guys im on my deloading week this week for wssb 2…

my question is how do i deload on this program?

and while deloading is it ok to still run and do sprints during the week?

It should all be laid out in the article bro a drop in volume and intensity. I would go and add on more running/sprints maybe keep the same or better of less the point is to rest up and come back fresh

Phill

Also think about if you really need a deload. I’ve found that many kids don’t need to deload every 4 weeks like an advanced powerlifter might. I would personally not deload until you stop making progress.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
Also think about if you really need a deload. I’ve found that many kids don’t need to deload every 4 weeks like an advanced powerlifter might. I would personally not deload until you stop making progress.[/quote]

Agreed, I never schedule deloads, I just take one when I need it. You’ll be able to tell when you have a week that sees a drop off in your lifts and a generally run down feeling. Sometimes I need one after 3 weeks, sometimes I can for 8 week runs or so hitting it heavy and making good progress.

ive been making real good strength gains. i dont really need one or feel like i need one. so it isnt really necessary?

[quote]kobe4life08 wrote:
ive been making real good strength gains. i dont really need one or feel like i need one. so it isnt really necessary?[/quote]

Take a guess…

Really wo trains of thought here bro

1 back off deload now and then ward off possible stagnationm always staying fresh not beat up and come back and keep going.

#2 dont and wait till you feel you are going to need it. this ones a bit harder as you want to try and deload prior to stagnating or regression as well but walking that fine line of over reaching

Phill

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
jtrinsey wrote:
Also think about if you really need a deload. I’ve found that many kids don’t need to deload every 4 weeks like an advanced powerlifter might. I would personally not deload until you stop making progress.

Agreed, I never schedule deloads, I just take one when I need it. You’ll be able to tell when you have a week that sees a drop off in your lifts and a generally run down feeling. Sometimes I need one after 3 weeks, sometimes I can for 8 week runs or so hitting it heavy and making good progress.[/quote]

I have to disagree. I schedule deloads and I feel this has been a big factor in keeping me healthy and continually progressing. For me at least, by the time I feel like I need a deload it’s a bit too late.

Also, if you don’t keep a good log you may not know how long it’s been since your last deload and just try to push on. It’s hard to take a week deload when you stiil feel fresh, but as George Halbert once said, “Powerlifting is a marathon, not a sprint.” It’s a personal decision, but that’s my 2 cents.

I have to agree with Phill and ultimatethor here. If I don’t plan a deload/back off week, I usually wait until it’s too late. Depending on what I’m doing for training, it can be anywhere from 3 weeks to 8 weeks, and I plan busy travel weeks as natural back off weeks.

Some people do better without planned deloads, but I’ve found that I’m much less prone to injury when I stick to my schedule. Just my .02.

Isn’t the OP like 12 years old with a 300 pound squat? If I’m way off here, my bad.

There is no need to deload at that level. Quit worrying about all the details in the articles you read, and just go train hard. I am dead serious, worrying about all this stuff and starting new threads every few days is, for a lack of a better word, annoying.