Deload?

Hi so i have an issue id like some advice on.

Currently doing 5x5 benching, my last workouts looked like this :

workout 1: 87.5 kg: 5,4,4,4,4

workout 2: 87.5 kg: 5,5,5,5,4

workout 3: 87.5 kg: 5,5,4,3,3

Now i am 95% sure the crash of my last workout was diet related (I currently think i found my sweet spot diet wise ( mostly protein intake wise), but the problem is i am gaining too much weight ( fighting in a weight class). So i ate too little between workout 2 and 3 and think that therefore i crashed a little.

Now according to stronglifts i am too do a deload now, my problem is i felt very strong on workout 2, even felt i had something in the bank and if i ate well i wouldve easily hit the 5 sets. So my feeling is telling me to just try another 87.5 5x5, but on the other hand i have had some long plateaus before were i ended up dong the same weight for lots of workouts and i want to avoid that. ( For example if i hit 5,5,5,5,4 today, i will have to do yet Another workout with the same weight) So what is wise here.

Thanks,

A.

Anyone ? Need to go to the gym now ! Still haven’t decided what to do.

[quote]Respeezy wrote:
So my feeling is telling me to just try another 87.5 5x5, but on the other hand i have had some long plateaus before were i ended up dong the same weight for lots of workouts and i want to avoid that. ( For example if i hit 5,5,5,5,4 today, i will have to do yet Another workout with the same weight) So what is wise here.[/quote]
It sounds like you had a legit reason for underperforming in that last workout, so I’d probably call a mulligan and just do-over Week 3, making sure you go into the session well-prepared, well-recovered, and well-fed.

If for some reason you have a bad workout again, then I’d take a different approach and maybe take the deload as needed.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Respeezy wrote:
So my feeling is telling me to just try another 87.5 5x5, but on the other hand i have had some long plateaus before were i ended up dong the same weight for lots of workouts and i want to avoid that. ( For example if i hit 5,5,5,5,4 today, i will have to do yet Another workout with the same weight) So what is wise here.[/quote]
It sounds like you had a legit reason for underperforming in that last workout, so I’d probably call a mulligan and just do-over Week 3, making sure you go into the session well-prepared, well-recovered, and well-fed.

If for some reason you have a bad workout again, then I’d take a different approach and maybe take the deload as needed.[/quote]

Sounds like a plan. I’m off to the gym!

Edit: i got the 5x5 :smiley:

[quote]Respeezy wrote:
i got the 5x5 :D[/quote]
Yeah buddy.