Delayed Injuries in Lifting?

Is it possible to get a delayed injury from lifting? For example My routine today consisted of barbell standing military press and sumo deadlifts. Now about 10hours after my session I cannot lift my left shoulder to a degree and it is in alot of pain when i try and move it. Same with my left hip, although I was able to finish my workout right now I feel like someone is ripping into my body.

Thoughts?

Yes!..I’m nursing a few right now…Hurts like a MF when I move the wrong way…

is it possible its a torn rotator cuff?

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
Yes!..I’m nursing a few right now…Hurts like a MF when I move the wrong way…[/quote]

x2. I’ve been dealing with a hip injury for a while now and I couldn’t tell you specifically what I did to hurt it. I have some ideas, but there was no one event where I felt a pop or tear or anything like that. It just started to hurt suddenly.

To the OP, try icing the affected areas and rest them. See how it feels tomorrow. If it gets worse or you don’t see any improvement, see a doctor. You might have just strained something.

Did shoulders yesterday and my left is starting to act up.

Hurts like a bitch to apply any sort of force with it, I took some advil and Im going to get some sleep.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Blacksnake wrote:
Yes!..I’m nursing a few right now…Hurts like a MF when I move the wrong way…

x2. I’ve been dealing with a hip injury for a while now and I couldn’t tell you specifically what I did to hurt it. I have some ideas, but there was no one event where I felt a pop or tear or anything like that. It just started to hurt suddenly.

To the OP, try icing the affected areas and rest them. See how it feels tomorrow. If it gets worse or you don’t see any improvement, see a doctor. You might have just strained something.[/quote]

Agreed with Angry.

A while back, I did Arnold Presses for the first time on shoulder day, and I swear I thought my rotator cuff was fucked up. I could barely lift my arm and extend it out and up without gasping for air. It sucked, and the next week, when I tried AP for the second time, it happened right AFTERWARDS. I seriously thought I fucked something up and spent the rest of the night extending my arm out and up slowly. That and sleeping a lot.

It could be you went too heavy, and strained/pinched something. I don’t really know, with my case, I went really heavy for my first two times, and then the third time I decided to go EXTRA light and slowly move up. I haven’t had any problems with it now as I’ve been extra careful now.

Try what Angry said. Good luck on solving your issue.