Delay Stepping Down

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
Agreed. Unfortunately, I associate DeLay even more than Bush with the growth of pork-barrel spending with the Republicans. And I almost completely credit him with the post-Gingrich abandonment of conservative principles for the goal of keeping power for the party.[/quote]

Reagan would have vetoed the bills with the pork…Bush did not.

I blame Bush at the end of the day.

did everybody see on the news when stepped down, people are clapping for him. what a piece of shit, who claps for a criminal, and the worse part is he doesnt even think what he did was against the law, you know anybody else doing the same thing would be in jail already

“biltritewave wrote:
i think what that hypothesis misses is the fact that the leaders are Tom Delay. No one has done more for the current house republican makeup than tom delay. Say what you want about the guy but he has always but party first…i think this si just another example of that. He realized it would be bad for the party and could help better from the sidelines while at the same time helping republican retain his seat and he will still be a huge fundraiser.”

I appreciate those thoughts.

You may very well be right.

Maybe there is nothing to my hypothesis, but I’ll be listening.

JeffR

[quote]biltritewave wrote:
i think what that hypothesis misses is the fact that the leaders are Tom Delay. No one has done more for the current house republican makeup than tom delay. Say what you want about the guy but he has always but party first…i think this si just another example of that. He realized it would be bad for the party and could help better from the sidelines while at the same time helping republican retain his seat and he will still be a huge fundraiser. [/quote]

I think this is likely true.

Unfortunately, his idea of putting the party first often collided with my idea of conservative principles, especially on economics.

[quote]hardcoreukno0359 wrote:
did everybody see on the news when stepped down, people are clapping for him. what a piece of shit, who claps for a criminal, and the worse part is he doesnt even think what he did was against the law, you know anybody else doing the same thing would be in jail already[/quote]

I saw one briefing he gave and he mentioned God as if his actions were near religious. I do believe I threw up a little.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I saw one briefing he gave and he mentioned God as if his actions were near religious. I do believe I threw up a little.[/quote]

Just make sure you swallow. Protein is precious and should not be wasted on jackass politicians.

those were all his staffers and former staffers…someone from our office who used to work overthere got a call telling them to show up at xyz time. gotta make it look good for the press

[quote]biltritewave wrote:
i think what that hypothesis misses is the fact that the leaders are Tom Delay. No one has done more for the current house republican makeup than tom delay. Say what you want about the guy but he has always but party first…i think this si just another example of that. He realized it would be bad for the party and could help better from the sidelines while at the same time helping republican retain his seat and he will still be a huge fundraiser. [/quote]

…or the $1.3 million sitting is re-election account can now be used for legal bills.

Cheers!

If they don’t get him on conspiracy to launder money, they will get him on one of the twenty million other charges connected to Abramoff. For crying out loud, his chief of staff was insider trading from the computer in Delay’s Congressional office.

DeLays going to use his war chest money from campaign fundraising into paying for his legal bills.

I guess this is legal, but it hardly seems ethical to me. He solicits campaign money for a I Won’t Back Down Election Campaign, and then turns around and uses it for a I’m Not Even Finishing My Term Legal Defense just literally days or weeks later.

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
DeLays going to use his war chest money from campaign fundraising into paying for his legal bills.

I guess this is legal, but it hardly seems ethical to me. He solicits campaign money for a I Won’t Back Down Election Campaign, and then turns around and uses it for a I’m Not Even Finishing My Term Legal Defense just literally days or weeks later.[/quote]

I just find it funny how “clean and righteous” and the entire party supposedly was just a few months ago. Things got kind of hazy pretty damn fast.