T Nation

Defund and Start from Scratch

http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4552939/sen-rand-paul-government-spending

While I’m all for the idea, that would be a disaster of an implementation. The amount of current jobs that would be lost and the administrative mess that would unfold is unfathomable. However, it wouldn’t even pass. While it might be exactly what’s needed, the probability is little-to-zilch.

[quote]HeyWaj10 wrote:
While I’m all for the idea, that would be a disaster of an implementation. The amount of current jobs that would be lost and the administrative mess that would unfold is unfathomable. However, it wouldn’t even pass. While it might be exactly what’s needed, the probability is little-to-zilch.[/quote]

If we do nothing, eventually we get the same result anyway.

Rand Paul is the conscience of the Senate.

The “pain” that people would feel from doing this would result in calls for even greater government intervention. It would have the opposite effect although the idea itself isn’t a bad one.

[quote]H factor wrote:
The “pain” that people would feel from doing this would result in calls for even greater government intervention. It would have the opposite effect although the idea itself isn’t a bad one. [/quote]

I’m afraid that this is the ultimate destination of all human fixes. Humans are in a constant search for God and are all too willing to have other humans attempt to fill that void.