I do not know much about PNF stretching in the first place, so I just learned a lot in that respect.
For your second inquiry:
When you go to a seminar put on by Dave Tate, Jim Wendler, and Joe DeFranco there is none of the "I am the strength training god and you pay me for every second I speak to you" crap during breaks or during lunch.
When I went to the Elite seminare in PA this summer, Wendler was just behaving like one of us. Actually Joe and Jim are pretty humble people, and at times self effacing, who admit they do not know it all and have had made mistakes in their training of themselves and others.
During the break at the Elite seminar inthe summer, Wendler walked to the pizza place with all of us and just sat down and joked around, gossiped, and shot the shit with all of us. He let me ask him questions at lunch and even before we went into the meeting place on the second day, just standing on the street at 8 something in the morning.
DeFranco was the same way. He ate lunch with us and answered tons of my and others' questions. He did not care if you wandered around the place, tried out a chinning bar or a GHR bench during down time. Basically, what I like about Westside guys and Westside influenced guys (ie: DeFranco) is that:
1) They stick to what works, not what is fancy.
2) They have scientific minds but do not feel the need to bore the shit out of themselves or you with fancy jargon, graphs, charts, bragging about athletes they train, and other useless shit.
3) Unlike gurus and yodas, they do not claim to be god or know everything or feel the need to bore you with shit that can fill up articles but have no application to the real world.
4) They train fuckin' heavy themselves!
5) They are not afraind to tell you who they think is full of shit in the strength training world.
6) They tell funny stories and are generally funny people.
7) And above all, they are GOOD HEARTED, GENEROUS people.
PM me if you wanna chat it up more.