DeFranco Football Workout Help

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
yeah ur a dick dude…just cuz u were beaten as a child for asking stupid questions doesn’t mean u should be all dick to everyone not like u at least give him CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM…bitch…[/quote]

I told him to GO READ. I even showed him WHAT to read. How much more constructive can you get?

I have no tolerance for lazy and inconsiderate people. A person should not be asking questions that have been answered dozens of times. It’s rude.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
yeah ur a dick dude…just cuz u were beaten as a child for asking stupid questions doesn’t mean u should be all dick to everyone not like u at least give him CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM…bitch…

I told him to GO READ. I even showed him WHAT to read. How much more constructive can you get?

I have no tolerance for lazy and inconsiderate people. A person should not be asking questions that have been answered dozens of times. It’s rude.[/quote]

Maybe he doesnt even KNOW that these questions have been answered dozens of times. Give the kid a break hes young and stupid.

JurzysFinest wrote:
I am weak. because I have been wanting to start this workout. This seems to be the best one I found. If some one found better please tell me because until I find the perfect workout, I am not going to lift weights. [/quote]

You told him to go read only after starting the thread with this worthless gem. it wasnt until he received an actual response that you so kindly supplied a link for him to follow.

What the hell is even the point in posting such things to an innocent ? by someone New. Does it make ya feel superior. You are just as inconsiderate and rude as well as LAZY not lending a hand and just flaming the kid.

Phill

yeah ur a dick dude…just cuz u were beaten as a child for asking stupid questions doesn’t mean u should be all dick to everyone not like u at least give him CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM…bitch…[/quote]

Goddamn, what the fuck? That was horrible! How the fucking hell can you manage to turn your computer on? Please retake K-12.

[quote]ChuckyT wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
yeah ur a dick dude…just cuz u were beaten as a child for asking stupid questions doesn’t mean u should be all dick to everyone not like u at least give him CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM…bitch…

Goddamn, what the fuck? That was horrible! How the fucking hell can you manage to turn your computer on? Please retake K-12.[/quote]

Yeah sorry. I raged a lil bit…

[quote]Phill wrote:
You are just as inconsiderate and rude as well as LAZY not lending a hand and just flaming the kid.[/quote]

Here, the “kid” isn’t even lifting weights. He won’t even do REMEDIAL research. He has put forth ZERO effort.

Newbies keep coming and going, and they keep asking the SAME questions over and over again. They keep showing that they are unwilling to do any work. Do you really think someone so lazy that he won’t read a few Q&A colums is going to hit the weights with any dedication?

We’ve all been new, sure. When I was new, I read everything I could before raising my hand in class. I’ve stuck around.

The people who won’t do any research on their own NEVER stick around. “Helping” them only enables their bad habits.

Once they’ve proven that they are willing to put forth work, then they should absolutely be helped. If the kid had said, “I’ve been doing rack presses for a few weeks and am looking to change exercises, what do you recommend?” that’s one thing.

When the kid says, “I won’t read anything and I don’t even lift. Now, answer a bunch of questions that have been asked a thousand times,” he should get nada.

To the original poster, when I first started going to Defranco’s site nearly a year ago, alot of the things he was talking about were completely foreign to me. You know what I did? I read ALL of the articles and Q and A’s on his site. Then I read them again. Then I started reading the articles on Elite’s website. My point is, do some research and try to learn as much as you can. Then get your ass in the gym and lift.

Yeah sorry. I raged a lil bit…[/quote]

hahahhaha That’s actually really fucking funny.

“I got so mad I forgot how to spell!!!”

I am going to use that at some point.

Phill wrote:
You are just as inconsiderate and rude as well as LAZY not lending a hand and just flaming the kid.

Here, the “kid” isn’t even lifting weights. He won’t even do REMEDIAL research. He has put forth ZERO effort.

Newbies keep coming and going, and they keep asking the SAME questions over and over again. They keep showing that they are unwilling to do any work. Do you really think someone so lazy that he won’t read a few Q&A colums is going to hit the weights with any dedication?
[/quote]

sure like anything else 1 out of 20 or more just may hit it hard and learn something, get dedicated, consistant etc. Just like any other thing in the world that takes time learning dedication. I dont see how flaming the hell out of them all for a simple question will help.

Hmm I just dont see it that way thats like someone who has never done anything pick something, brain surgery, changing their own oil etc. They may ask a question or two prior to jumping in and starting. Some ppl just well hell there scared over wehlmed hell what ever and want some inf prior to jumping in does that mean that we shouldnt try and help. I agree they need to take the effort to learn them selves but I dont see why one shouldnt try and help.

Yes the help is likely to be a waste of time but your posts simply flaming then is 100% no question a waste of your and everyones time it has no merit at all.

[quote]
When the kid says, “I won’t read anything and I don’t even lift. Now, answer a bunch of questions that have been asked a thousand times,” he should get nada.[/quote]

Where did he say that?? He came to the site his first post he had a link to a Defranco program he thought may fit, he admits he has limited lifting experience and education but well it seems hes been doing some research and found that program and asks for help??

Phill

i spent 2 years just reading and i still consider myslef a newb.

Ok just to clarify everything. I have read a lot on weight lifting actually. I got 2 books from the library and read them. I also did alot of research on the subject. I am very dedicated. I gauruntee I will do the workout everyday. I read alot about defranco, but I couldnt find anything on ME workouts. The stuff I did find I didnt understand. I asked my PO who is extremely jacked and he didnt know either. I am sorry for the stupid questions, but I have tried everything I could I just couldnt figure it out.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Yes the help is likely to be a waste of time but your posts simply flaming then is 100% no question a waste of your and everyones time it has no merit at all.[/quote]

Cool. I’ll stop “flaming” (though I don’t think I flamed anyone) if you stop answering the same TRITE questions over and over again.

People should help each other out on the forum, of course. Forums are like communities.

But questions like, “What is fish oil?” really shouldn’t be answered other than by somoene who wants to sell them fish oil. Anyone asking that question is not, and will never become, a valuable part of the community.

Look Kid. Max effort days: If you are benching, do as many sets as you can for 3 to 5 reps. Don’t do 1 rep max. That’s max effort in defrancos training.

Repetition lift: 3 sets of as many reps as possible. Don’t do repetition for every exercise though.

Don’t worry about circuit training, if you are following Defranos routine.

Go to DeFrancostraining.com and click on the article section and you will see westside for skinny bastards. You will get everything there. If you still have questions, ask him or post it up at elitefts.com

thanks alot bro. guys one quick question. I promise it is the last. you know how it says that you pick one excercise from below? well do i pick one and do that same one for a few weeks then change. or do i change it every week?

You swap ME exercises every 2-4 weeks.

The closer you are to being a beginner, the longer you can stick with the same exercise (there’s a variety of reasons for this, I suggest you find out why on elitefts.com).

For you I’d recommend switching every 4 weeks. If you’re just starting out you’ll need to start learning the correct motor patterns for each of the Big 3 (bench, squat and dead). The first week of each exercise, at least, will be done at low weight and carefully.

Articles you’ll want to read:
Progression of the Bench, by Mike Strom

Max Effort Waves
Making the Max effort easy
Deload to Reload, all by Jim Wendler

Top Ten Squat Tips, by Ox Mason

Observations of Beginner Mistakes, by Chicken Hawk

All of those are on Elitefts

The Periodization Bible (I and II)
Bench Press 600lbs
Squat 900lbs
The Dead Zone

All by Dave Tate, here on T-Nation

If all of that doesn’t sort you out, nothing will.

thanks alot bro ill start reading it right now.

This is also a good article

www.elitefts.com/documents/beginner_mistakes_jimw.htm

can I move the monday AM workout to another time such as in the evening. I can barely wake up to eat breakfast(and get 8 hours of sleep) let alone do a workout. I was thinking about doing it the sunday before since that is an off day.