DeFranco Football Workout Help

Hi guys I am new here I am 15 150 6 foot. my 1 rep bench is 150, squat 180, and dead lift 205(I know I am weak). I have never lifted before except that one time to see my max reps. I do know how to do most of the excercises. I am a football player(wide reciever and Linebacker). I am also a Boxer and a dillitent in MMA. I have been wanting to start this workout.

www.defrancostraining.com/articles/articles.htm

to help me get better at the sports I do especially Football. This seems to be the best one I found. If some one found better please tell me. Basically I have a problem thought I really dont understand what i am doing in this workout.

I do not understand this Max effort lift. Also for supersets do you take any break inbetween the two excercises? Also with the circuit do I take any break inbetween the excercises. What is a repetition lift. Finally can I add in some more running days since I am in the off season. Also can i add in some pushups, pullups, and various other body weight excercises.

[quote]JurzysFinest wrote:
I am weak. [/quote] because [quote]I have been wanting to start this workout. This seems to be the best one I found. If some one found better please tell me[/quote] because until I find the perfect workout, I am not going to lift weights.

Hi guys I am new here I am 15 150 6 foot. my 1 rep bench is 150, squat 180, and dead lift 205(I know I am weak). I have never lifted before except that one time to see my max reps. I do know how to do most of the excercises. I am a football player(wide reciever and Linebacker). I am also a Boxer and a dillitent in MMA. I have been wanting to start this workout.

www.defrancostraining.com/articles/articles.htm

to help me get better at the sports I do especially Football. This seems to be the best one I found. If some one found better please tell me. Basically I have a problem thought I really dont understand what i am doing in this workout.

I do not understand this Max effort lift.[/quote]

Yes great program but maybe advanced for you but like the other poster eluded to in a Not so patient way lol. Dop something get in the gym hit the basic lifts and do something move from there.

Max effort is working up to a max or new PR in the lift in WS4SB thats a 3 RM you aim to get a new best 3 rm every week

generally yes and no LOL id say yes to keep performace UP and move loads rest 30-60 seconds between each move.

[quote]
Also with the circuit do I take any break inbetween the excercises. What is a repetition lift.[/quote]

genmerally on circuits I say NO just move to the next and take a break rest after the circuit and then repeat if thats called for.

[quote]
Finally can I add in some more running days since I am in the off season. Also can i add in some pushups, pullups, and various other body weight excercises.[/quote]

on the off days its expected you are doing SPORT specific work for footballl thats not running long distance but sprints, game work, drills FAST explosive all out stuff get good at the game and what it takes. stong man stuff dragging things flipping tires, carry stuff. I wouldnt over do the pushups etc you should be getting more than enough from the RE and ME days.

Repetition lift is lift a load for as many reps as you can try and do better each week.

Hope that helps,
Phill

OP, here’s an assignment: Read every “Ask Joe” column: www.defrancostraining.com/ask_joe/ask_joe.htm

Do not as ANY other question until you’ve read every Q&A. It shoud only take you 3-4 hours - about as long as it takes to advance a couple of levels in World of Warcraft.

Best thing you can do is buy his “Super Strength” video. I own it, and it’s great. The video covers the program and all of the lifts they use in detail.

Just read. Read everything you can. If you aren’t willing to put the effort into learning what you’re going to be doing and how to do it right, then I strongly doubt you’ll see the improvements you’re looking for.

Read and feel free to PM me.
You’re doing good so far asking for help and in the right place. Never be afraid to ask for help. Ask the bigger/stronger guys on the team for help too.

Good luck

thanks a lot guys. Number one i dont play computer games and rarely do i play vidoe games. Second for the ME lifts if my max bench is 150 do i basicay do 3 reps of 80 then 3 of 100 then 3 of 120 then 3 of 140 then 3 of 150 then try for 3 of 160?

thanks a lot guys. Number one i dont play computer games and rarely do i play vidoe games. Second for the ME lifts if my max bench is 150 do i basicay do 3 reps of 80 then 3 of 100 then 3 of 120 then 3 of 140 then 3 of 150 then try for 3 of 160?[/quote]

Did you read DeFranco’s site before asking this question? If not, then why should anyone respond?

yes i did actually. can you please stop acting like an asshole. once I get this right I will follow my routine everyday. Why do you think I will not. I never missed one football practice in the 4 years I played. Also i havent half assed a single day. and for boing i ahve beaten kids with muhc more experience. so dont act like you know me. If you got nothing nice to say dont say nothing.

yes i did actually. can you please stop acting like an asshole. once I get this right I will follow my routine everyday. Why do you think I will not. I never missed one football practice in the 4 years I played. Also i havent half assed a single day. and for boing i ahve beaten kids with muhc more experience. so dont act like you know me. If you got nothing nice to say dont say nothing.[/quote]

Well that’s great and all, but I can assure you that every one of your questions has been answered in a previous DeFranco Q&A.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
OP, here’s an assignment: Read every “Ask Joe” column: www.defrancostraining.com/ask_joe/ask_joe.htm

Do not as ANY other question until you’ve read every Q&A. It shoud only take you 3-4 hours - about as long as it takes to advance a couple of levels in World of Warcraft.
[/quote]

DeFranco’s Q&A is a gold mine. Joe always answers questions too, but don’t waste his time with stuff he’s already put up on his site. Consider buying his new DVD, it covers his methods in great detail.

All i want to know is that if this ME lift is correct. If i can max bench 150 do I start with say 80 pds and do 3 reps then 100 3 reps then 120 3 reps then 140 3 reps then 150 3 reps then 155 and do max? Also how much time do I take a break in between.

All i want to know is that if this ME lift is correct. If i can max bench 150 do I start with say 80 pds and do 3 reps then 100 3 reps then 120 3 reps then 140 3 reps then 150 3 reps then 155 and do max? Also how much time do I take a break in between.[/quote]

You do the highest weight that you can for 3 reps that may be 143lbs I dunno go until you cant get three if thats 143 next week try and get 144. You go BALLS out a MAX attempt and try to progress if you progress GOOD stop if no then your doing something wrong fix that be it more rest better diet training tweeks.

Phill

So i start out with my max? I dont start out a little lighte then my max?

So i start out with my max? I dont start out a little lighte then my max?[/quote]

Holy God. Have you seriously read ANY of DeFranco’s website? Or are familiar with the word “Google?”

http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask_joe/archives/ask_joe_03-24-06.htm

That took me 2 minutes and 44 seconds to find. And I’m an idiot.

yes i did actually. can you please stop acting like an asshole. once I get this right I will follow my routine everyday. Why do you think I will not. I never missed one football practice in the 4 years I played. Also i havent half assed a single day. and for boing i ahve beaten kids with muhc more experience. so dont act like you know me. If you got nothing nice to say dont say nothing.[/quote]

I’m not feeling the self-rightousness.

So i start out with my max? I dont start out a little lighte then my max?[/quote]

You WORK UP to ur three rep max then next week you try to beat that max. Yes like how you said earlier is pretty much what you do.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
Holy God. Have you seriously read ANY of DeFranco’s website? Or are familiar with the word “Google?”

[/quote]

How DARE you suggest that someone at least do a LITTLE reading before asking a bunch questions that have been asked a hundred times.

Hey, Phill, I want to gain muscle and lose fat… How do I do this? What’s creatine do? Does it cause bloating? Is it safe? Can I drink my ZMA with milk? Can I take it in the afternoon?

When should I take BCAAs? Surge has a lot of sugar in it. I’m not sure it’s good for me.

What is the Westside method?

jtrinsey wrote:

How DARE you suggest that someone at least do a LITTLE reading before asking a bunch questions that have been asked a hundred times.

Hey, Phill, I want to gain muscle and lose fat… How do I do this? What’s creatine do? Does it cause bloating? Is it safe? Can I drink my ZMA with milk? Can I take it in the afternoon?

When should I take BCAAs? Surge has a lot of sugar in it. I’m not sure it’s good for me.

What is the Westside method? [/quote]

I agree 100% that the kid and all newbies need to read up but I also feel i should give back a little what this site gave me over the years.

Yhea I have something over 7500 post and prob the first 2-3000 were me asking ?'s much like this and getting quality replies that were helpful and yes pointed me where to read and educate myself on what I wanted to know. Unlike you first post the first reply to this thread that was simply flaming the kid and not halping at all.

Pick your poison Im giving the kid the benefit of the doubt that he will use the info and gain knowledge himself by reading, just trying to help a bit. You on the other hand I guess your trying to motivate him by being an ass right off the bat. Motivation through humiliation. Hope that works for ya,

Phill

jtrinsey wrote:

What is the Westside method? [/quote]

yeah ur a dick dude…just cuz u were beaten as a child for asking stupid questions doesn’t mean u should be all dick to everyone not like u at least give him CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM…bitch…