DeFranco Energy Bars?

Anybody try DeFranco’s Energy Bars yet. I just ordered a box, just curious what you guys think of them.

I would buy some, but they are way too freakin’ expensive. I’ll stick to the Metabolic Drive bars.

Let me know what you think of them. I’m interested to know how they taste/compare to Metabolic Drive and also if they really do give you an energy boost.

same here

too expensive. i rather take a shake anyway, or tribulis, no bars beat that

They actually taste really good. And they are good before a workout. Just the right kick.

In defense of that bar it does offer more than the Metabolic Bars looking at the nutrition info.

But the Metabolic Drive chocolate chunk bars taste so damn good! I also like the Greens+ bars. Those are pretty damn tasty and a different bar than both.

They contain High Fructose Corn Syrup. Very bad decision, turns a probably good bar into “junk” food. You might as well eat a Snickers (or any other candy bar). He said it was necesarry to make it eatable, but Metabolic Drive Bars don’t have it and they taste great.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
They contain High Fructose Corn Syrup. Very bad decision, turns a probably good bar into “junk” food. You might as well eat a Snickers (or any other candy bar). He said it was necesarry to make it eatable, but Metabolic Drive Bars don’t have it and they taste great.[/quote]

Didnt see that. No buy.

No surprises here.
Energy bars = sugar bars.
Can you say Power Bar??

Still waiting for my delivery, they definitely ship slower than Biotest. I have heard a lot of great reviews about them on DeFranco’s website. I think the difference in these bars might be the 1800mg of L-Tyrosine in each bar. Wish they would arrive so I could see for myself.

OK, Ten minutes after that last post they arrived. I can tell you the taste is far better than any bar you’ve ever tried, even most candy bars. Still finishing the first bar as I type so I have no thoughts on how well they work.

[quote]piper1 wrote:
Still finishing the first bar as I type so I have no thoughts on how well they work.[/quote]

You mean they didnt make you huge yet!!! Well Im not getting any then thats to slow a pay back.

Calories – 300
Protein – 28g
Total Carb – 26g
Sugars – 8g
Total Fat – 8g
Saturated Fat – 5g
L-Tyrosine – 1800mg
Caffeine – 115mg

These, by far, are the best pre-workout energy supplement I’ve ever tried. I’m not affiliated with DeFranco in any way, I’ve just been a fan of his for a while and he’s been working on these for a while. I am a hardcore Biotest believer and use several of their supplements and always will. I just don’t want this thread sound like I’m trying to sell these bars, just telling it like it is.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
I would buy some, but they are way too freakin’ expensive. I’ll stick to the Metabolic Drive bars.

Let me know what you think of them. I’m interested to know how they taste/compare to Metabolic Drive and also if they really do give you an energy boost.[/quote]

I always have Metabolic Drive bars on hand and will continue to do so, these are more just a pre-workout bar. They are expensive, and I plan to use maybe only 3 a week or maybe even 2, that way a box will last a month or more.

[quote]Phill wrote:
piper1 wrote:
Still finishing the first bar as I type so I have no thoughts on how well they work.

You mean they didnt make you huge yet!!! Well Im not getting any then thats to slow a pay back.

[/quote]

Phil, don’t be a dick, these are energy pre-workout bars, so I am able to say how well they work pretty much right away.

[quote]piper1 wrote:
Phill wrote:
piper1 wrote:
Still finishing the first bar as I type so I have no thoughts on how well they work.

Phil, don’t be a dick, these are energy pre-workout bars, so I am able to say how well they work pretty much right away.[/quote]

I think he just may be joking…

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
piper1 wrote:
Phill wrote:
piper1 wrote:

Phil, don’t be a dick, these are energy pre-workout bars, so I am able to say how well they work pretty much right away.

I think he just may be joking…
[/quote]

Just maybe

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
They contain High Fructose Corn Syrup. Very bad decision, turns a probably good bar into “junk” food. You might as well eat a Snickers (or any other candy bar). He said it was necesarry to make it eatable, but Metabolic Drive Bars don’t have it and they taste great.[/quote]

I’m not one to spend a lot of time on forums, but I had to throw in my 2 cents on this one. Saying that “you might as well eat a snickers” may be the most ignorant comment I’ve ever read on this site.

Does snickers have 28 grams of quality protein? Does snickers have almost 2 GRAMS of L-Tyrosine? (Actually, now that I think about it, does ANY OTHER PROTEIN BAR ON THE MARKET HAVE THIS AMOUNT OF L-TYROSINE??) And FYI, snickers has about double the amount of corn syrup as my bar.

And another FYI, the reason we used some corn syrup is because it was the only thing that we found to give the bar a texture that made it chewable with all the L-Tyrosine that we squeezed in there. When I first told the food scientist that I wanted 1.5-2 GRAMS minimum in the bar, he laughed and said, “No Fuc*ing way!”

Long story short, we made it work, the bar TASTES phenominal & the little bit of corn syrup does not disrupt the synergistic effect of the high protein, L-Tyrosine & caffeine! THAT WAS THE GOAL - A great-tasting bar that gave you a nice, focused “buzz” before workouts. I accomplished my goal!

And one quick note on protein bars: My advice is to not forget the true purpose of these bars…whether we’re talking about Metabolic Drive bars, DeFranco Bars or Met-Rx bars, the main function of these bars is to give people a healthIER alternative than candy bars, fast food, etc. when you’re on the go and you don’t have time to eat.

THAT’S WHAT THESE BARS ARE MEANT FOR! I don’t think ANY supplement company owner will try and tell you that their bar is the “world’s most perfect food” and you should eat nothing else than their bars. Quite the contrary. The bottom line is that, in conjunction with a proper nutrition and exercise program, “nutritional bars” can be incorporated into your daily regimine as a healthier alternative than most other “fast foods.”

Hopefully this puts things into perspective.

Joe D.
“Proud creator of the DeFranco Energy Bar”

Great to hear you defend your product Joe. I plan on trying the bars in the near future.

It’s got to be the L-Tyrosine because I’ve never felt a boost like this before, recently I had become a fan of Advocare Spark but it pales in comparison.

[quote]Joe DeFranco wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:
They contain High Fructose Corn Syrup. Very bad decision, turns a probably good bar into “junk” food. You might as well eat a Snickers (or any other candy bar). He said it was necesarry to make it eatable, but Metabolic Drive Bars don’t have it and they taste great.

I’m not one to spend a lot of time on forums, but I had to throw in my 2 cents on this one. Saying that “you might as well eat a snickers” may be the most ignorant comment I’ve ever read on this site.

Does snickers have 28 grams of quality protein? Does snickers have almost 2 GRAMS of L-Tyrosine? (Actually, now that I think about it, does ANY OTHER PROTEIN BAR ON THE MARKET HAVE THIS AMOUNT OF L-TYROSINE??) And FYI, snickers has about double the amount of corn syrup as my bar.

And another FYI, the reason we used some corn syrup is because it was the only thing that we found to give the bar a texture that made it chewable with all the L-Tyrosine that we squeezed in there. When I first told the food scientist that I wanted 1.5-2 GRAMS minimum in the bar, he laughed and said, “No Fuc*ing way!”

Long story short, we made it work, the bar TASTES phenominal & the little bit of corn syrup does not disrupt the synergistic effect of the high protein, L-Tyrosine & caffeine! THAT WAS THE GOAL - A great-tasting bar that gave you a nice, focused “buzz” before workouts. I accomplished my goal!

And one quick note on protein bars: My advice is to not forget the true purpose of these bars…whether we’re talking about Metabolic Drive bars, DeFranco Bars or Met-Rx bars, the main function of these bars is to give people a healthIER alternative than candy bars, fast food, etc. when you’re on the go and you don’t have time to eat.

THAT’S WHAT THESE BARS ARE MEANT FOR! I don’t think ANY supplement company owner will try and tell you that their bar is the “world’s most perfect food” and you should eat nothing else than their bars. Quite the contrary. The bottom line is that, in conjunction with a proper nutrition and exercise program, “nutritional bars” can be incorporated into your daily regimine as a healthier alternative than most other “fast foods.”

Hopefully this puts things into perspective.

Joe D.
“Proud creator of the DeFranco Energy Bar”[/quote]

Joe, do you have any idea when you will be able to ship the DeFranco Bars overseas? Or even let other sites sell them?

I am pretty peeved I can’t try these bars after all the great feedback!