T Nation

Definition on the Massive

Maybe I might be on a new question maybe it’s been answered before. We all know people look fantastic on a show when they’re flexing their abs. But how many actually look great without flexing? I used to want to become massive, till i found out sometimes u have to sacrifice ab definition.

his abs look a bit bloated when he’s not flexing. so my next question is what is the heaviest weight u can be that can still display great abs(v-taper, all six “packs”, defined lines)WITHOUT flexing them?

GTFO

/thread

fucking die!

here, abs are gladly sacrificed for size, this is fucking T-Nation. We get wicked in this bitch.

You need to do a lot of reading… Or find your long-lost common sense again?

1. Food intake
  2. Genetics
  3. Leanness
  4. Posture (pelvic tilt)
  5. Breathing… Duh.
  6. Transversus training
  7. Heavy insulin use etc

All things that can influence this.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
fucking die!

here, abs are gladly sacrificed for size, this is fucking T-Nation. We get wicked in this bitch.[/quote]

You’re feeling quite wicked today aren’t you?

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

fucking die!

here, abs are gladly sacrificed for size, this is fucking T-Nation. We get wicked in this bitch.[/quote]

You’re feeling quite wicked today aren’t you?[/quote]

I’m getting my swagger back. Thanks for noticing.

The man is never wrong.

weak attempt at trolling

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
GTFO

/thread[/quote]

hmm an angry poster. next…

fucking die!

You…should become a powerlifter then. bodybuilding is maximum muscle, minimum fat. If you really care about mass, become a powerlifter, oh damn they’re massive, like dave tate, but he’ll never look as good as, say, kevin levrone.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
You need to do a lot of reading… Or find your long-lost common sense again?

1. Food intake
  2. Genetics
  3. Leanness
  4. Posture (pelvic tilt)
  5. Breathing… Duh.
  6. Transversus training
  7. Heavy insulin use etc

All things that can influence this.
[/quote]

hmm best post so far. However, I’d just like to know what’s the heaviest you can weigh while still being able to display shredded abs unflexed. Are you saying even a 200 lber can have unflexed shredded abs if he scores high on those reqs?

[quote]Seego wrote:
The man is never wrong.[/quote]

disregard abs? no offense but I’m in this to get strong, look strong, and look way better than any hollywood actor naked. so great abs is a must. that’s just me though…

[quote]brewcrew78 wrote:
weak attempt at trolling

[/quote]

good, because i was in no way trying to troll. And what fucking idiot make up that word?

this is oleena too. damn!

I may have worse bodies than any of you in this thread, but damn, once i get my dream body, I won’t have a big head as you guys. I’ll be as helpful as I can when asked questions, no matter what they ask. No matter how stupid they become, I’ll still answer because I know how frustrating finding answers to bodybuilding is. All the people who had help who have finally reach their body, a newb comes through and all you can do is insult his training, his diet, tell him, “you’re so stupid,” dont even want to help him, and forget what it was like to get help in the first place. I’m not saying that’s everybody in this forum, or even this thread, but some are like this. Reminds me of the people who used to be bullied, who are now in their bullies’ grade, and they start bullying people. stupidest shit ever. Oh well, dont matter, bully or not, in my city, you could get beat down if people choose so. Nobody likes to be pushed around, and when pushed, push the fuck back. Respect is so damn abused now.

The reason you’re getting so much hate in this thread, is because most of the regular posters on here know that to get “huge”, at some point you’re going to hit a wall if you try to keep your abs popped the entire time. If you eat smart and train smart, I’d say from what I’ve learned on Tmuscle that 180 should be attainable without having to sacrifice your abs. Any bigger than that and you’re going to have to put on fat as well to get any more gains in muscle mass.

Also, as far as Dave Tate goes…

And the powerlifters all being fat… It might be true if they are actively competing, but there is a very solid base under the layers.

[quote]Wiskonstantin wrote:
The reason you’re getting so much hate in this thread, is because most of the regular posters on here know that to get “huge”, at some point you’re going to hit a wall if you try to keep your abs popped the entire time. If you eat smart and train smart, I’d say from what I’ve learned on Tmuscle that 180 should be attainable without having to sacrifice your abs. Any bigger than that and you’re going to have to put on fat as well to get any more gains in muscle mass.

And the powerlifters all being fat… It might be true if they are actively competing, but there is a very solid base under the layers.

[/quote]
x2

[/quote]

No

The whole reason the OP is going to catch shit for his post is becuase there is absolultely no way to predict an actual number. You attempted to do so and most people reading can see the flaw in it (or maybe they cant). There are so many variables it’s rediculous. If this isn’t the most simplistic form of common sense pertaining to bodybuilding I don’t know what is.

Bonez, you’re right, hence the ballpark figure of 180 which I said “should” be attainable over time. Obviously, things like if the OP is 5’2" or has horrible genetics could take a huge, steaming crap all over my post.

Or even if he gives up after 3 months and starts hitting mcdonalds 5 times a day.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[/quote]

No

The whole reason the OP is going to catch shit for his post is becuase there is absolultely no way to predict an actual number. You attempted to do so and most people reading can see the flaw in it (or maybe they cant). There are so many variables it’s rediculous. If this isn’t the most simplistic form of common sense pertaining to bodybuilding I don’t know what is.

[/quote]

Wasn’t really surprised you had to explain yourself here

/Thread