Define

I’m very new to T-Nation, and I’ve been browsing the forums trying to figure out what the standard definition of “clean foods” means. I’ve found some articles and forums discussing specific foods, but not one of general definiton.

If anyone could direct me to some articles or explain the definition, that would be extremely helpful!

7 habits of highly effective nutritional programs by Dr. John Berardi

Look it up. Read it, worship it.

“Clean” food is generally natural, whole food–eggs, beef, chicken, fish, grains, healthy oils, fruits, veggies, and nuts.
Just stay away from the processed stuff. “Clean” also includes good nutrient timing.

Milk is debatable. I’ve read that women tend to benefit from cutting dairy out. John Berardi suggests cutting out all caloric beverages. On the other hand, milk is popular with most of the guys here.

If it won rot or sprout throw it out.

Pretty much nothing in a box.

Foods That Make You Look Good Nekid
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460638

Veggies, various once living animals, nuts, seeds, fruit things found in nature.

Phill

[i]Clean:

Not spoiled by the hands of man. Untouched.
[/i]
Heh, like others said, things that are close to how they naturally are. In other words, a box of cereal is not “clean”… because it doesn’t grow in a field like the small amounts of grain it contains. A bag of raw oats which no additives is okay (but not the prepackaged and sweetened kind).

Basically, get past all the “lies” and “suggestive” advertising and realize that none of the crap in boxes and cans is actually good for you, it’s just convenient and may retain aspects of goodness found in the original foods.

It’s the biggest scam on the planet… convincing us that we don’t want food but processed crap - and making us think it’s good for us.

Opposite of junk food.

Another good definition is “can be purchased without entering the center aisles of the supermarket.” Obviously a few exceptions there like olive oil or whole wheat pasta, but generally it holds true.

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
Another good definition is “can be purchased without entering the center aisles of the supermarket.” Obviously a few exceptions there like olive oil or whole wheat pasta, but generally it holds true.[/quote]

Very true do 95% of your shopping on the perimeter of the store. hats where the fresh stuff is due to the coolers and storage etc. just mad dashes to the isles for oats, coffe, tea, spices etc.

Phill