/hɛlθ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [helth] Show IPA
1. the general condition of the body or mind with reference to soundness and vigor: good health; poor health.
2. soundness of body or mind; freedom from disease or ailment: to have one's health; to lose one's health.
3. a polite or complimentary wish for a person's health, happiness, etc., esp. as a toast: We drank a health to our guest of honor.
4. vigor; vitality: economic health.
bef. 1000; ME helthe, OE hǣlth. See hale 1 , whole, -th 1
healthward, adjective, adverb
2. vigor, vitality, strength, fitness, stamina.