T Nation

Defending the Honor of....The

Missing:

One Flame Shirt.

Reward for Safe Return.

Dissing the shirt?

I am appalled and quite frankly, disappointed that the shirt got dissed by a magazine called "Testosterone". It is common knowledge that the only thing cooler than a Flame Shirt is a 55 Bel Air painted to match. Of course I may have invited the caustic garment related comment with my belittling (yet true) treatment of Timmy P on the forums and as such, I call truce and ask that you assist me in finding the wayward shirt.

See, the shirt is sensitive, much like many modern day renaissance men, the shirt has a tender, sensitive side and I think your comments have wounded it. Normally when the Shirt takes leave for a few days it can be found somewhere in Mexico having unprotected sex with Beautiful College Co-Eds, Karaokeing Jimmy Buffet tunes and Winning Limbo Contests but it is nowhere to be found. I fear the worst.

Sure I have a closet full of them but "Lupe" was my first and as such remained my favourite, to think of "him" wallowing in some dirty Bar drinking cheap Scotch, muttering veiled threats at invisible companions and feeling sorry for himself much like Hemingway near the end, is too much to bear.

Of course, I am still hoping against hope that the Shirt will return but in case "Lupe" is gone forever, your check for $23.99 CDN ( despite the Loonies recent re-surgence, converted to U.S currency that's about 4 buttons, one large Toenail clipping and a mint condition Suzy. B. Anthony coin) would be appreciated.

Thanks T-Guys,

'Cake

You look huge but I think it's purely cuz of that mirror in the background.

I kind of liked that shirt. It clearly told the world to "stay away from me, because you never know if I might hump your leg or break it in three places"....

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but is Mrs. Cake innocent in this matter? Perhaps she believes that little pink bunnies would flatter you more than flames. I hope she hasn't found the lightning bolt ties.

Come back soon, Lupe!

I missed the shirt, but am pretty sure I like you better without it.

My first thought was that Mrs. Cake was probably behind the disappearance, but I could be wrong.

Like me, she probably likes you better shirtless too. After all, when you are that good...........LMAO.

The Lady 'Cake fully supports the collection and wearing of Flame shirts. My last shirt based obsession was Hawaiian shirts and her feeling is that this is at least a step in the right direction and it seems that we go out in public more often now.

Coincidence? I think not.

I loved my collection of "5-O's" but during a particularly sentimental goodbye party for some old friends the shirts got used as props in the biggest "Shoot the Moon" picture ever taken on Edgehill Rise then given away as souvenirs of friendship.

I would post the pic but my glutes were looking pretty un-striated because:

A) I was coming off a cold

B) I was just getting a cold

C) I over estimated my carbohydrate requirements and accidentally was consuming 2 boxes of Capn' Crunch cereal a day

or

D) I only got 7 hours of sleep the previous night due to the fact that I was worrying about the middle east and the resultant impact that failed peace initiatives have on the Rain forest and the price of Chicken in Peru. Stress is hell for good physique pics.

Iron (Hardcore T-Vixen, adding poundage to her squat, gotta love THAT!) Maiden...:slightly_smiling:

Dr. D I like the analogy...gonna be using it from now on.

Chris Are the little Pink boats close to what you were imagining?

"You start out giving your hat, then you give your coat, then your shirt, then your skin and finally your soul"

~ Charles De Gaulle

Cakes and Goldberg two of the same people? No can't be... Cakes you do look like goldberg a little.

Um, actually Fitzy, Tha' Berg looks like ME!

Just not so pretty.

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands"

~ Douglas Adams

Goldberg would never wear a shirt like that. Never.

Goldberg most certainly would, although he prefers something in a low cut evening gown after dusk, the shirt would satisfy his Daylight fashion requirements much better than his current stable of GAP athletic wear and "Judas Priest/Iron Maiden" Baseball style jerseys.

Both shirts have tremendous sex appeal, who could resist a man who has the stones to wear a Pink Hawaiian shirt? or a Flamin' job complete with the obligatory skulls and chains?

This power comes from the fact that the shirts are actually woven from SEX, of course there's a little polyester and cotton blended to facilitate the weaving process but it's still mostly SEX...sure is hell keeping the buttons sewn on though...

"Sex appeal is fifty percent what you've got and fifty percent what people think you've got"

~ Sophia Loren

I was a little worried when I saw the first pic. My first thought was "Is he wearing pants?" Then I was worried what the next picture would be.

And I support any of the vomitwear shirts.

I think we'll have to all get out our "special shirts" for at least one photo at the Edmonton T-meet. (and then put them back in the closet before we get beaten up by the bikers on Whyte Ave.)

Seriously though, I can't imagine a scarier bunch of mean mother-flubbers than us all walking down Whyte together. I might take some digital video that day and make a cd/dvd for the group. (I have a high end PowerMac, so dvd's are pretty fun to make).

"High priced Gin, an atomic mist of Vermouth, and ice maketh Dr. D a happy T-boy..." me, circa now.

The shirt gets Bumped for making reader mail...

^&$^%#%$@^%^)^ Castro...(^%%$@$!%$$(*!

"Think hard about it: I'm running out of demons. I'm running out of villians. I'm down to Castro and Kim Il Sung"

~ Colin Powell

P-Dogs "california=metero" thread was pretty disappointing...not because of the lack of capitalization or the miss-spelling of "Metro" but that anyone would ever be "scared" to wear a piece of clothing. Not fitting is one thing but getting your panties all up in a bunch because of the colour pink seems a little, well gay you know what I mean?...I suppose if you are an effeminate little fella it's hard to pull it off...

This is a bump for Men who wear what the fuck they want and look all the better for doing it. The day I wear anything because of what it says about my Toughness or Manhood is the day I don't have any.

"The very pink of perfection"

~ Oliver Goldsmith

Where did I say anything about the color of ones shirt?

Wearing what you want is one thing. Following the "metro" (thanks for the corection) fad is what the issue is. There is a big difference between wearing the occasional pink or purple shirt, and purposely trying to look like a queer.

Now get the sand out of your vagina and go re-read my thread.

Down Boy! DOWN!

Gee P-Dog, I meant not to insinuate that your dogyness was a neutered stray but that there was some content in your thread that seemed a little worried about "what a real man would wear"...notice I said your "Thread" as opposed to your "Post"?

It ain't all about you puppy, although I had no idea you were so sensitive.

...an' if I had a vagina you could bet your ass I would be too busy diddling myself in a room full of mirrors to post on an internet forum...

"To be able to write a play a man must be sensitive, imaginative, naive, gullible, passionate; he must be something of an imbecile, something of a poet, something of a liar, something of a damn fool"

~ Robert E Sherwood

...an' if I had a vagina you could bet your ass I would be too busy diddling myself in a room full of mirrors to post on an internet forum...

Gee, I have one. Why didn't I think of that?

Thanks for the laugh, Cup.

Jeff!!! You've returned!!!!

You really should come down here for the housewarming party. . .

STU

md, im sure there are many men on this site (who will remain nameless) that would volunteer their services.

Goly MD...you type fast with one hand...

:slight_smile:

"Give me the ready hand rather than the ready tongue"

~ Cesare Pavese

...yes, I expect that you disagree with Cesare on this one...Nice to see you MD (and Stu too!)

P-DOG, they're welcome to volunteer their services, but only if they wear pink shirts.

I guess that eliminates you. :wink: