Defending Me and Powerlifting

As I write this, I sit here with a sprained hand, wondering if punching a kid out was worth it. For a while this kid I knew had always been talking shit about me, since the day I met him, I wanted to fight him, but my other friends said no, this went on for months until tonight.

Me my friends and him were walking along until he starts calling me and the sport of powerlifting faggots.

I shrugged it off till he said it again and I flipped, i shoved him to the car, he kicked me in the stomach (I dont kno why) Ane he ran, I caught up to him. and knocked him out. What would u guys do? this might sound weird, but i think i finally flipped because he made fun of powerlifting. Was I right in doing this?

WOOT i agree, u stood up for all the ppl here, how is a powerlifter a faggot, we could all pummel their weak asses.

good work, besides u shrugged it off once, but the bitch didnt get it and said it again, it was ur only option IMO

[quote]bignate wrote:
it was ur only option IMO [/quote]

How about turning the other fucking cheek??

There’s no need to resort to violence for every little dispute. From what I can see, he tried to get a reaction from you without touching you, and it worked. Now you’ve got a sprained hand and he’ll still probably give you shit.

It might seem like the right thing to do in high school, but if you start doing things like that on the street, the REAL street, you’ll either end up getting a gang beatdown, or a knife somewhere.

Just be careful.

[quote]BigMbot wrote:
As I write this, I sit here with a sprained hand, wondering if punching a kid out was worth it. For a while this kid I knew had always been talking shit about me, since the day I met him, I wanted to fight him, but my other friends said no, this went on for months until tonight.

Me my friends and him were walking along until he starts calling me and the sport of powerlifting faggots.

I shrugged it off till he said it again and I flipped, i shoved him to the car, he kicked me in the stomach (I dont kno why) Ane he ran, I caught up to him. and knocked him out.

What would u guys do? this might sound weird, but i think i finally flipped because he made fun of powerlifting. Was I right in doing this?[/quote]

is this a serious post?

you got your panties in a twist because someone made fun of powerlifters?

you sure were a poor example of an adult and a confident powerlifter.

you have issues and need to grow up

I agree with Hanley, nowadays you never know when someone is gonna come back with a bunch of buds or a gun. Fighting for the honor of powerlifting is not the brightest thing to do.

[quote]BigMbot wrote:
Ane he ran, I caught up to him. and knocked him out.[/quote]

You fail, a true powerlifter doesnt run, and certainly wouldn’t catch anyone.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

It might seem like the right thing to do in high school, but if you start doing things like that on the street, the REAL street, you’ll either end up getting a gang beatdown, or a knife somewhere.

Just be careful.[/quote]

That’s why you should get a concealed carry permit and pack some heat.

And OctoberGirl, maybe it’s just because I’m young too, but if someone gets into a fight, that doesn’t mean they “have issues and need to grow up,” it means that thought that was the best solution to said problem, and dealt with it accordingly.

Fuck it, if he fought someone and won, more power to him. That doesn’t make him any less of a person or immature, it just means he used one of the many options possible given the situation. If he just continued to shrug it off, I’m sure there’d be people asking why he didn’t hit the kid.

I can already tell you are very young. Here is a rule of thumb for resorting to violence: The only sound justification for violence is in defence of your own safety or someone else’s safety. If you can walk away, walk. Never lay a hand on someone out of anger.

[quote]Kulturkampf wrote:
Hanley wrote:

Just be careful.

That’s why you should get a concealed carry permit and pack some heat.

And OctoberGirl, maybe it’s just because I’m young too, but if someone gets into a fight, that doesn’t mean they “have issues and need to grow up,” it means that thought that was the best solution to said problem, and dealt with it accordingly.

Fuck it, if he fought someone and won, more power to him. That doesn’t make him any less of a person or immature, it just means he used one of the many options possible given the situation. If he just continued to shrug it off, I’m sure there’d be people asking why he didn’t hit the kid.

[/quote]

well I definitely disagree with you.

In fact I am hoping he is young and that is why he handled it so badly.

and yes… if you get violent because someone calls your sport a faggot, then you have issues

learn this phrase “one punch homicide”

and I can’t believe you think it is admirable that he “fought someone and won”. He wasn’t in a ring, he wasn’t defeding his life, he wasn’t sticking up for some poor victim, someone poked fun at his HOBBY

Honestly your such a pussy someone calling you a faggot forced you to fight them? Have some self control that was probably the worst thing you could have done in that situation. This might be fine if you are in junior high but it is not how ADULTS handle problems.

You should have talked to the guy face to face and let him know what you think. Or better yet take him to the gym with you and show him what you do, make him do a hardcore leg day.

You should call this guy up and apologize for being such an asshole, and talk to him.

grow up

Boys will be boys.

Unless you’re being physically bullied that’s uncalled for.

Just should have countered words with words.

[quote]BigMbot wrote:
Ane he ran, I caught up to him. and knocked him out.[/quote]

So…you ran after someone who you shouldn’t have been fighting, and knocked him out for a reason not worth fighting over? Please tell me you at least had him facing him when you knocked him out and didn’t just punch him in the back of the head?

[quote]bignate wrote:
WOOT i agree, u stood up for all the ppl here, how is a powerlifter a faggot, we could all pummel their weak asses.

good work, besides u shrugged it off once, but the bitch didnt get it and said it again, it was ur only option IMO [/quote]

Thanks man, atleast someone is on my side.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
bignate wrote:
it was ur only option IMO

How about turning the other fucking cheek??

There’s no need to resort to violence for every little dispute. From what I can see, he tried to get a reaction from you without touching you, and it worked. Now you’ve got a sprained hand and he’ll still probably give you shit.

Just be careful.[/quote]

I know man, but This had been going on for months, and its not like he had no chance to defend himself. Im not just doing this for powerlifting. Im doing it because he was makiing my social life hell.

Talking would not have done shit. And for the “streets” your talking about, I live in a place called bethel, theres been 1 murder here in the past 50000000 years, and the biggest issue is the reconstruction of the school.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
BigMbot wrote:

I shrugged it off till he said it again and I flipped, i shoved him to the car, he kicked me in the stomach (I dont kno why) Ane he ran, I caught up to him. and knocked him out.

What would u guys do? this might sound weird, but i think i finally flipped because he made fun of powerlifting. Was I right in doing this?

is this a serious post?

you got your panties in a twist because someone made fun of powerlifters?

you sure were a poor example of an adult and a confident powerlifter.

you have issues and need to grow up

[/quote]

See, this is why I was skeptical about posting this, as I said above, my social life has been hell for the last 6 months. Oh, and I am 15. I should be “immature”.

[quote] Matt wrote:
I agree with Hanley, nowadays you never know when someone is gonna come back with a bunch of buds or a gun. Fighting for the honor of powerlifting is not the brightest thing to do.[/quote]

Haha, as I said, I did it when he said something about it, hes been asking this for months. Look at the above posts.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Unless you’re being physically bullied that’s uncalled for.

Just should have countered words with words.[/quote]

Yup, been there done that. Doesnt work.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
BigMbot wrote:
Ane he ran, I caught up to him. and knocked him out.

So…you ran after someone who you shouldn’t have been fighting, and knocked him out for a reason not worth fighting over? Please tell me you at least had him facing him when you knocked him out and didn’t just punch him in the back of the head?[/quote]

Sorry, my bad, I wrote this basically 25 minutes after it happened, I was basically pushing him back, about 10 feet, then I knocked him out, we were seperated for about 3 feet sometimes, but he was still coming after me, it wasnt like he was actually running away.