Defeating the System With Democracy

[quote]pookie wrote:
orion wrote:
There is nothing coercive about it if you choose your boss and can walk away from him whenever you wish.

Depending on your skills and job availability and on whether you have a family to feed or others that depend on your income, that choice can become vanishingly small.
[/quote]

Yes. Time is scarce too. That is life.

[quote]pookie wrote:
orion wrote:
There is nothing coercive about it if you choose your boss and can walk away from him whenever you wish.

Depending on your skills and job availability and on whether you have a family to feed or others that depend on your income, that choice can become vanishingly small.
[/quote]

So you really have to be in dire straits in order to be in the same relationship with your employer that you are by default with your government?

Also, in this case it is your circumstances “forcing” you, not your employer.

Your employer just gives you another option, work for him or don´t.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Yes it is.

You always confuse Liberty with License.

We’ve read your unoriginal cut-and-pastes till we nearly bored ourselves to death. [/quote]

Don’t confuse your inability to comprehend certain ideas with boredom.

[quote]orion wrote:
pookie wrote:
orion wrote:

So you really have to be in dire straits in order to be in the same relationship with your employer that you are by default with your government?

Also, in this case it is your circumstances “forcing” you, not your employer.

Your employer just gives you another option, work for him or don�´t.
[/quote]

You have the same freedom with your government: Don’t like it? Emigrate to a more amenable country.

Or form your own political platform and run in the next elections. Takes a bit longer, though.

[quote]pookie wrote:

Or form your own political platform and run in the next elections. Takes a bit longer, though.
[/quote]

Orion’s party has been gone since 1945

Pookie, if i didn’t know by your posts any better I would call you a neocon.

Substituting one government for another does not solve the underlying problems of government. These are problems of the human psyche and thus they do not go away just because the government changes.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
pookie wrote:

Orion’s party has been gone since 1945[/quote]

I that that was your party.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Pookie, if i didn’t know by your posts any better I would call you a neocon.[/quote]

Please don’t. I’ll run off and cry if you do.

Doing away with governments doesn’t solve the underlying problems that governments were put in place to deal with.

I’d pay good money to see most anarchists granted their wishes and sent to an actual anarchy. My bet is that most wouldn’t last a day before they were sucking dick or having their skull cap used as an ashtray by some freedom-loving anarchist mob boss.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
pookie wrote:

Orion’s party has been gone since 1945

I that that was your party.[/quote]

And I that that that, that that, that that so there.

[quote]pookie wrote:

I’d pay good money to see most anarchists granted their wishes and sent to an actual anarchy. My bet is that most wouldn’t last a day before they were sucking dick or having their skull cap used as an ashtray by some freedom-loving anarchist mob boss.
[/quote]

Indeed.

I would be running shit. It’s be like Waterworld without The Gay.

[quote]Dustin wrote:

Don’t confuse your inability to comprehend certain ideas with boredom.[/quote]

Dustin, I didn’t realize you were still here. Dismissed.

[quote]pookie wrote:

I’d pay good money to see most anarchists granted their wishes and sent to an actual anarchy. My bet is that most wouldn’t last a day before they were sucking dick or having their skull cap used as an ashtray by some freedom-loving anarchist mob boss.[/quote]

I second it (well, third it counting Irish).

Both Dustin and Lifticus would be footstools to someone more powerful or clever - so, by process of elimination, anyone left on earth.

I’d throw Orion in that shark tank of anarchy as well, but I believe he has qualified that he is not an Anarchist, which suggests he might in fact be smart enough to at least find work sponging the mob boss off at his nightly bath.

pookie wrote:

Both Dustin and Lifticus would be footstools to someone more powerful or clever - so, by process of elimination, anyone left on earth.

I’d throw Orion in that shark tank of anarchy as well, but I believe he has qualified that he is not an Anarchist, which suggests he might in fact be smart enough to at least find work sponging the mob boss off at his nightly bath.[/quote]

I fourth it

Dustin wrote:

Don’t confuse your inability to comprehend certain ideas with boredom.

Dustin, I didn’t realize you were still here. Dismissed.

[/quote]

Why, because I didn’t respond to you in your last post in the Taxation thread? I was getting tired of repeating myself.

[quote]Dustin wrote:

Why, because I didn’t respond to you in your last post in the Taxation thread? I was getting tired of repeating myself.[/quote]

Repeating yourself naturally happens when you are short on original material.

pookie wrote:

I’d throw Orion in that shark tank of anarchy as well, but I believe he has qualified that he is not an Anarchist, which suggests he might in fact be smart enough to at least find work sponging the mob boss off at his nightly bath.[/quote]

Considering an anarchic/voluntary society would be comprised of like minded individuals realizing they don’t need government, your scenario is fiction. It’s “evolutionary”, not society turned on its head.

As you have previously demonstrated, thunder, you are clueless.

You can continue to live under the state if you please, but some people may not want to. I fail to see why that is “idiotic” (your phrase).

Dustin wrote:

Why, because I didn’t respond to you in your last post in the Taxation thread? I was getting tired of repeating myself.

Repeating yourself naturally happens when you are short on original material.

[/quote]

Or when the individual is suffering from a learning disability and needs to be told numerous times.

[quote]Dustin wrote:

Considering an anarchic/voluntary society would be comprised of like minded individuals realizing they don’t need government, your scenario is fiction. It’s “evolutionary”, not society turned on its head. [/quote]

What if a group of like-minded individuals down the road from your like-minded individuals become like-minded about forming a group and going up and down the street beating up and intimidating other groups into giving up their lunch money?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
pookie wrote:

Indeed.

I would be running shit. It’s be like Waterworld without The Gay.[/quote]

Whatever, you would be too drunk to run anything.

pookie wrote:

Give me that job and I will rule for the next 3 decades whereas one mob boss after another comes and goes…